Poll: Is this tutorial Helpfull and should i make more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming Guide

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

tbh, the idoser's "lucid dream" dose is pretty epic. i havnt read the guide, but the dose made me dream that i woke up, went through my entire day(didnt know i was dreaming) then when i fell asleep in the dream, i woke up irl. it was crazy

i'll read this later if you ever re-do it
    <TViYH> i had a dream about you again awkwardsaw
    Malachi 2:3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neehosoft View Post
    Rem is in the middle of the night.
    Wrong! I have the finnish book "Introduction to medical science" here on my hands, this book is the entrace test material to all finnish medical schools.
    Depths of dreaming from most-awake to deepest: REM, S1, S2, S3, S4

Phases of sleep
    1st hour: You will fall deeper and deeper into dreaming, skipping REM phase. Being S4 in the end.
    2nd hour: Your dreaming will come more awake-like, from S4 to S3 and finally to REM, which is an almost-awake phase, eventhough you are completely sleeping then. REM lasts about 15 minutes, then you will fall back on the deep, S4 sleep.
    3rd hour: You fill experience a minor peak on the dreamstate, but not quite getting to REM phase. Mostly being at S4.
    4th hour: A rapid growth of brain activity, almost instant rise from S4 to REM. This time REM phase lasts 15 to 30 minutes. After that S2 or S3, so no more deep dreaming.
    5th hour: A peak that skips REM but goes near awake-state, then back to S2, S3, and maybe S4 occasionally.
    6th hour: Again a REM spike, lasts around 20-30 minutes. After that S2-S3.
    7th hour: Steady fall to S4.
    8th hour: Small spikes to REM, then most of the time S1 and S2.
    9th hour: Awakening. You realize it was all just a dream. You be sad. You cries. Deeply.

Scientists believe that S2 and S3 are the phases when brains go through all todays happenings and filte all unnecessary shit away. This is why if you're studying hard to an exam you should read 4 hours in the morning, take 60-90 minutes nap, drink coffee and get refreshment and then read 4 hours again. If you try reading 8 hours in a row, your brain only catches like the first 6 hours' information.

Subconsiousness does affect your sleep, it's been proven scientifically.
    You are more awake (have more ACTH-hormone in blood) in the morning if you are expecting an early awakening, than if you weren't.

What's interesting is that eventhough the actual dreaming happens in the REM phase, sleepwalking is then impossible because REM causes muscle paralysis. This is the reason for the nightmare paralysis' you were talking about You're in REM, seeing bad dreams but you cannot move any bodypart.

I have succeeded in seeing lucid dreams a couple of years ago, I think I'll give it a shot again! Thanks a lot mate, I hope you found some of my stuff interesting too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I had never heard of lucid dreaming until now, but it sounds ridiculously cool. I'm going to try it out!

And marpis thanks for the sleep info

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

I LD'ed tonight, I was a thief running away from some cops, and it was extremely funny because I had super powers and stuff so I created a knife (with magic) and throwed it at one of the cops and then the other cops began to shoot at me so I made an invisible shield around me and so on ;O
    It was like if I was in a fantastic 4 movie or something lol :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Wow, I was almost there last night!
    I kept saying "dreaming" in my mind very slowly, and slower all the time. Then I felt the vibrating and saw images of demons coming at me, I knew it was because I was just about to fall asleep and I tried to fight it but the images and feelings were too scary, so I had to open my eyes. Damn! Very close one there! That means I will succeed in the near future!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I & I know Zion. It is in the spirit, body and mind of every one of us
    RMouse(obj: TMSIObject): boolean;

Inside the Matrix...yes it has me, and it has you too.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marpis View Post
    I kept saying "dreaming" in my mind very slowly, and slower all the time. Then I felt the vibrating and saw images of demons coming at me, I knew it was because I was just about to fall asleep and I tried to fight it but the images and feelings were too scary, so I had to open my eyes. Damn! Very close one there! That means I will succeed in the near future!
    For some reason i keep seeing beans...and i get scared...
    like I'm not even joking, its the most random thing ever.
    I've only successful done it once ^.^
    NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta Magician View Post
    That is one awesome book! Thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is really interesting and i've never heard of it before!
    I can't wait to try this out and revisit dreams from my childhood

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Whoo!
    I had one last night! I didn't even need to put an effort to it!
    I don't really remember what kind of dreams I were seeing but I noticed that I was standing naked in the rain outside, near my childhood home. Of course, the situation was so absurd it made me think "is this real or dream", and then I suddenly felt very very weird, I knew I was in a dream! I almost woke up the same second, and it was very hard to keep my consiousness and focus, so it didn't turn into a regular irrational dream.

Of course, I went to have sex. Without much success though. Some weird things prevented me from doing it Anyways, the feeling of being in a dream was just so fantastic I can't even describe.

Weird though, I tried running very very fast and taking like 5 meter jumps, in which I succeeded, but I got exhausted o_O Woot?

When I had ran around places for some time (without success in doing anything but taking a few 5 meter jumps) I felt that I am about to wake up. I tried fighting it, but somehow I knew that this was it. Then I just 'let my self go' and I woke up. It was 12 pm.

I really hope to feel this sometime very soon again, I've never felt anything this awesome! It's the realitychecks that work! Maybe next time I'll be more successful in things like summoning objects, running fast or flying.

So it really can happen to anyone, even to the most inexperienced people. Don't give up and think that it needs years and years of practice, just keep doing those reality checks!
    Last edited by marpis; 04-23-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Lol. Exact same thing happened to me. Except, not demons, aliens < _ > :P I opened my eyes, saw one, opened my eyes again (lolwtf?) because I didn't get enough time to do a reality check then did three reality checks and all came out I was actually in real life =\ But my heart was full on beating after wards though :P
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I didn't know there was a scientific term for this, but it's pretty fun when you do.
    In the most recent lucid dream, i had started asking people questions. Its silly the responses you can get but if you are confused about something it can enlighten you to the thoughts of your subconscious.

In the past though I specifically remember; giving myself wings to fly around, and another dream where i stabbed myself repeatedly until I woke up, experienced the inability to stop.

After reading that wiki article I realize i experience the false awakening quite common really
    Last edited by lordsaturn; 04-30-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lordsaturn View Post
    and another dream where i stabbed myself repeatedly until I woke up, experienced the inability to stop.
    Have you been suffering from emotional stress lately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan's The Man View Post
    Have you been suffering from emotional stress lately?
    No I remember that dream from a very long time ago, I was pretty young. Maybe 13 or 14 yrs old.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Whoo!
    I had one last night! I didn't even need to put an effort to it!
    I don't really remember what kind of dreams I were seeing but I noticed that I was standing naked in the rain outside, near my childhood home. Of course, the situation was so absurd it made me think "is this real or dream", and then I suddenly felt very very weird, I knew I was in a dream! I almost woke up the same second, and it was very hard to keep my consiousness and focus, so it didn't turn into a regular irrational dream.

Of course, I went to have sex. Without much success though. Some weird things prevented me from doing it Anyways, the feeling of being in a dream was just so fantastic I can't even describe.

Weird though, I tried running very very fast and taking like 5 meter jumps, in which I succeeded, but I got exhausted o_O Woot?

When I had ran around places for some time (without success in doing anything but taking a few 5 meter jumps) I felt that I am about to wake up. I tried fighting it, but somehow I knew that this was it. Then I just 'let my self go' and I woke up. It was 12 pm.

I really hope to feel this sometime very soon again, I've never felt anything this awesome! It's the realitychecks that work! Maybe next time I'll be more successful in things like summoning objects, running fast or flying.

So it really can happen to anyone, even to the most inexperienced people. Don't give up and think that it needs years and years of practice, just keep doing those reality checks!
    I had one last night too! I kept counting and chanting "I'm dreaming". I then woke up and did a reality check (holding your nose and trying to breathe, where I still drew breath) and I then go out of bed walked through the lounge room and jumped and almost hid my upper body above the door frame since I was propelled forward (I could never jump that high), then I went back inside and I tried to change the scene (which I couldn't ), then I was about to go outside and fly and stuff then I woke up. It's funny, because I didn't get the feeling of being dragged away like you, instead I just woke up, did a quick reality check and all came out positive

I suspected it was because of the rain, but I've never woken during rain before (also, this I woke at about 8am in the morning)...
    No I remember that dream from a very long time ago, I was pretty young. Maybe 13 or 14 yrs old.
    Lol, it was a joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

sorry i forgot i had a sense of humor

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

sorry i forgot i had a sense of humor
    Lol. I love you.

So on topic, I have still been unable to do this. I am a very musical person, and songs are always stuck in my head. I try to focus on things, such as my breathing (thinking "in" "out" for every breath) and on white noise (a fan) but my mind always wanders and soon enough I find myself thinking about songs, and what I did. I just can't lay in bed until I start dreaming without moving and without thinking.

Does anyone have any tips for me? It's almost time for bed, and I really want to try this tonight

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Lol. I love you.

So on topic, I have still been unable to do this. I am a very musical person, and songs are always stuck in my head. I try to focus on things, such as my breathing (thinking "in" "out" for every breath) and on white noise (a fan) but my mind always wanders and soon enough I find myself thinking about songs, and what I did. I just can't lay in bed until I start dreaming without moving and without thinking.

Does anyone have any tips for me? It's almost time for bed, and I really want to try this tonight
    I can only do it on the verge of sleep. When I am really tired, I just lay there relaxed and counting my breaths, for it is too much effort to think of something else and for my mind to wander

Then suddenly after counting every breath, followed by a thought of "I'm dreaming", you will get these flashes with each more vivid than the last. Then you just have to delve deeper and try and hold a particular scene for as long as possible, do this with each sight. Eventually, you'll find yourself able to reach out and dive straight into one. (Note: I'm recounting from my own experiences) You'd probably find yourself in bed in your somewhat familiar bedroom. You may notice strange oddities that will further convince you that you are in a dream. For example, my clocks' LED screen was several times larger in width and had the digits but cut in half.

I suggest you do more than one reality check. These work for me (I do them in the following order):
    • Holding my nose and trying to breathe. If I draw breath, then I know I am most certainly dreaming.
    • Looking at my clock and reading the time. If it is messed up (as described above), then I am most certainly dreaming. However, if it isn't, then I'll turn my head and look back at it and see if the time is altogether different.
    • Getting out of bed and jumping. If I jump quite high, then I know I am dreaming. If I float back down, then I know I am dreaming.

Hope that helps you
    Last edited by Daniel; 05-02-2010 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

I can only do it on the verge of sleep. When I am really tired, I just lay there relaxed and counting my breaths, for it is too much effort to think of something else and for my mind to wander

Then suddenly after counting every breath, followed by a thought of "I'm dreaming", you will get these flashes with each more vivid than the last. Then you just have to delve deeper and try and hold a particular scene for as long as possible, do this with each sight. Eventually, you'll find yourself able to reach out and dive straight into one. (Note: I'm recounting from my own experiences) You'd probably find yourself in bed in your somewhat familiar bedroom. You may notice strange oddities that will further convince you that you are in a dream. For example, my clocks' LED screen was several times larger in width and had the digits but cut in half.

I suggest you do more than one reality check. These work for me (I do them in the following order):
    • Holding my nose and trying to breathe. If I draw breath, then I know I am most certainly dreaming.
    • Looking at my clock and reading the time. If it is messed up (as described above), then I am most certainly dreaming. However, if it isn't, then I'll turn my head and look back at it and see if the time is altogether different.
    • Getting out of bed and jumping. If I just quit high, then I know I am dreaming. If I float back down, then I know I am dreaming.

Hope that helps you
    Those were the types of tricks I was hoping for. From the posts here, I don't know if I'll be able to control anything in my dreams, but i hope that I will be able to recognize that I am dreaming, and to remember it.

So basically, what you do when falling asleep is count each breath and repeat "I'm dreaming" in your head?

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Those were the types of tricks I was hoping for. From the posts here, I don't know if I'll be able to control anything in my dreams, but i hope that I will be able to recognize that I am dreaming, and to remember it.

So basically, what you do when falling asleep is count each breath and repeat "I'm dreaming" in your head?
    That's basically what I do. For example: "2, I'm dreaming", "3, I'm dreaming", "54, I'm dreaming", and so on. I've sometimes reached over one hundred, but that was because I was still mildly awake and not tired enough

Also, I keep my breaths slow and steady at a constant pace and concentrate only on the counting. After a while, I've found myself able to count without really concentrating on the last number whilst still being consecutive.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

That's basically what I do. For example: "2, I'm dreaming", "3, I'm dreaming", "54, I'm dreaming", and so on. I've sometimes reached over one hundred, but that was because I was still mildly awake and not tired enough

Also, I keep my breaths slow and steady at a constant pace and concentrate only on the counting. After a while, I've found myself able to count without really concentrating on the last number whilst still being consecutive.
    Thanks for the advice.

I really tried last night, but I was too tired to focus on the counting, and soon I found that I had stopped counting, and I just couldn't get in the rhythm of counting and saying "I'm dreaming" without losing focus due to how tired I was, so I just let myself drift to sleep. Before I went to sleep though, I reminded myself that I was going to have dreams, and I was going to remember what they were. I don't know if it was because I was forcefully waken up, rather than naturally waking up, or that I told myself that remembering them was important, but I remember 3 distinct dreams last night. Usually, I can't recall them at all, or I can only remember a mangled mess of what I might have dreamed.

I consider that progress, and tonight I will try to focus harder on the counting breaths and telling myself I'm dreaming.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the advice.

I really tried last night, but I was too tired to focus on the counting, and soon I found that I had stopped counting, and I just couldn't get in the rhythm of counting and saying "I'm dreaming" without losing focus due to how tired I was, so I just let myself drift to sleep. Before I went to sleep though, I reminded myself that I was going to have dreams, and I was going to remember what they were. I don't know if it was because I was forcefully waken up, rather than naturally waking up, or that I told myself that remembering them was important, but I remember 3 distinct dreams last night. Usually, I can't recall them at all, or I can only remember a mangled mess of what I might have dreamed.

I consider that progress, and tonight I will try to focus harder on the counting breaths and telling myself I'm dreaming.
    Just keep on doing those reality checks, they worked for me and I got my first LD without even trying

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Just keep on doing those reality checks, they worked for me and I got my first LD without even trying
    I keep doing them while I'm awake so that it becomes a habit, which hopefully carries through to my dreams. What I remember from my dreams was me just going through my daily life, although I didn't have any control over what happened, like most dreams. I'm just working on trying to recognize my dreams, and then hopefully if I recognize that I'm dreaming, I will be able to control them

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow I might try this out, sounds really awesome.

Oops, didn't realise this was a bit of a gravedig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Too lazy to read the whole guide, but I taught myself how to lucidly dream without actually knowing the meaning to it or being told how to do it, kinda like Inception how they would have their idol to show them if dreaming or not, I would always pinch my cheek when i'm dreaming. I wouldnt do it 30min-1hr all the time but i'd do it instinctively while i'm dreaming. Also I had SP once with a demonic dream 2 years ago and i used all my will to grab the remote to my tv beside me on the bed and press power on to jolt my body awake =D

Edit:
    Side note, I had a lucid dream last night
    but woke myself up,
    since i've had so many nightmares aswell I also developed a defense mechanism
    for when I am having bad dreams. I have learnt how to wake myself up
    by choice, and whenever I am panicked in a dream.
    Last edited by vashanddou; 01-13-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    If I see you autoing with level 3/default clothes/crap name I WILL report you. Auto Correctly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information