You have came to this thread obviously because SCAR is not working on your system. So, here is how to get it working.
Here are some steps to take into running SCAR on Vista:
- Right Click SCAR's icon shortcut.
- Click on Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Select the compatibility mode to Windows XP.
If that does not work, try this:
- Click on the START menu button.
- Find and click on Control Panel.
- Find and click on Programs.
- Click on Use an older program with this version of Windows.
- Follow the instructions directed by the Wizard.
And if that does not work, try this one (Originally posted by WhoCares357):
- Go to the Control Panel. (Make sure Control Panel Home is bolded on the left)
- Click on User Accounts and Family Safety (top right).
- Click on User Accounts (top).
- Click on Turn User Account Control on or off (bottom).
- Uncheck the box besides "User User Account Control..."
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer if required.
After doing these methods, you might get the Windows Security Alert, just press Continue and you'll be fine.
After doing those, Hopefully SCAR will work on your system.
Also if you have ZoneAlarm on your system as well it might block SCAR. Here is how to unblock it.
- Open ZoneAlarm via the Tray Icon.
- Go to Program Control and select the Programs tab.
- Find "scar.exe" and change it's trust level to Super.
- Have a green tick in each of boxes so SCAR has any right to access the internet.
- Close ZoneAlarm.
If none of those steps above work, check out these threads below:
Solution for VISTA users using Subversion - By Tarajunky.
Another could not move plugins SOLUTION! - By n3ss3s
How to Fix the SRL/SCAR errors with Vista - By Fizzi
If those links above did not provide you any help, then you absolutely cannot run SCAR on your machine.
Also, if you like this tutorial, or this tutorial has worked for you. Please Rep++ Me.