Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1956

Thread: How to install/setup Simba for RS3

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robsworld6 View Post
    Hmmm, I will try and walk you through the problems as best as I can.

So I downloaded the file (was I supposed to just right-click and save it from the website?). I tried to use Rafiki again, but had the exact same error. So opened up the playermanager.sei file and noticed that it said "<!-- saved from url=(0062)https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...yerManager.sei -->"

Is that a problem at all? I'm also a little confused on how to differentiate between a text and a SEI file. If this is a TortoiseSVN problem I can fix it, but I really am not sure where to start.

Last problem is that I opened Simba back up and the SLR menu is not there, even after I checked it in extensions again, so thus I cannot open Rafiki to even try it. I also re-downloaded Simba and reset everything and the same exact thing happened. Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to be as clear as possible.

Thank you for being so helpful so far!
    Oh, sorry that was my mistake. I thought that link prompted you to download the file, not show all the text, so yes, the "<!-- .." is the problem. This link will work. Just extract the PlayerManager.sei file into Simba/Extensions.

The menu error is a bug in Simba and happens when you open Simba by right clicking a script. If you open Simba, THEN open the script via File > Open (or the Open file button), your menus won't disappear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

That seemed to work!

Thanks man!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robsworld6 View Post
    That seemed to work!

Thanks man!
    No problem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

NOTIFICATION: Current script version: 2.42 | Online version: 2.42
    NOTIFICATION: You have the latest version.
    -- TPlayerArray.setup()
    ---- Loaded player: player1
    -- TPlayerArray.setup(): Success
    -- setupSRL()
    ---- Setting up SRL...
    ---- initSmart():
    ------ Attempting to pair to a previously spawned client
    ------ smartPairToExistingClient():
    -------- Found 1 free client(s), attempting to pair to one...
    ---------- smartSetAsTarget(): Succesfully set SMART[4284] as Simba's target
    -------- Succesfully paired to a existing client, SMART[4284]
    ------ smartPairToExistingClient(): result = true
    ------ Succesfully initialized via pairing to a previously spawned client
    ---- initSmart()
    ------ smartSetupDrawing(): Succesfully setup SMART drawing
    ---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...
    ------ TRSActionBar.__findButton(): Found the actionbar button @ {X = 566, Y = 396}
    ------ TRSActionBar.__find(): result = true (height = 37)
    ------ Dynamic interfaces have been set.
    ---- Client is ready.
    ---- Setup SRL in 188ms.
    -- setupSRL(): True
    -- sps.init()
    ---- Path exists (C:\Simba\Includes\SPS\img\runescape_other\TMPB_01 .png)
    ---- Setup area "TMPB_01" in 47ms
    -- sps.init()
    Exception in Script: Runtime error: "Error while reading stream: Wrong image format" at line 1145, column 30
    The following DTMs were not freed: [0, 1]
    The following bitmaps were not freed: [Minimap Mask, SMART Debug Image]
    File[C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6/logs/SRL log (26-03-14 at 12.15.05 AM).txt] has not been freed in the script, freeing it now.

All of my settings are correct, if it's any help, I'm using the plankbanker by the mayor. Im using the most recent Java 7 update 51. Simba is up to date. any ideas please?
    Like A Boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

How do I set this up to code bots for RSPS's. I had noticed a great guide on creating the bot itself, but how do i take the appropriate steps in order to get simba set up? I'm fairly new to coding. Wanted to do it in highschool went to technical school for it, then quit because I had a kid. Want to get back into it, and this looks like a nice place to start. I figured I would start by learning something that I enjoy doing, such as things regarding private servers. Feel free to shoot me a PM or reply here. I'm still looking over the entire forums and everything. Never used an SRL, only practiced in xhtml, html, javascript, css, etc. . . Thanks, Chrispy

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyme View Post
    How do I set this up to code bots for RSPS's. I had noticed a great guide on creating the bot itself, but how do i take the appropriate steps in order to get simba set up? I'm fairly new to coding. Wanted to do it in highschool went to technical school for it, then quit because I had a kid. Want to get back into it, and this looks like a nice place to start. I figured I would start by learning something that I enjoy doing, such as things regarding private servers. Feel free to shoot me a PM or reply here. I'm still looking over the entire forums and everything. Never used an SRL, only practiced in xhtml, html, javascript, css, etc. . . Thanks, Chrispy
    To start coding, I recommend this guide. It introduces you to the concepts needed to script for any version of RS. Since you have some previous programming knowledge it should be easy for you grasp.

If you have any questions about it don't be afraid to ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hey there,
    First of all, great guide! It's really helpful.
    When I tried switching to opengl, the entire client just crashes. I'm not sure if that counts as RS giving you an error or not, but I tried the solution provided and it wouldn't work for me. I tried clearing all the RS caches, as well us updating my graphics drivers, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
    Any advice?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Whenever I open up a script from the folder (such as AIODiv by footballjds) I get the following error(s):

Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\associate.sex): File Extensions\associate.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\CRov.sex): File Extensions\CRov.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\dtm_editor.sex): File Extensions\dtm_editor.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\extension.sex): File Extensions\extension.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\formatter.sex): File Extensions\formatter.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\paster.sex): File Extensions\paster.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\security.sex): File Extensions\security.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\srl.sex): File Extensions\srl.sex could not be read

Any ideas why this is/ how to fix it?
    Create a POH Alter script

6 99's to go before maxing a mainly botted account

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDBORED View Post
    Whenever I open up a script from the folder (such as AIODiv by footballjds) I get the following error(s):

Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\associate.sex): File Extensions\associate.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\CRov.sex): File Extensions\CRov.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\dtm_editor.sex): File Extensions\dtm_editor.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\extension.sex): File Extensions\extension.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\formatter.sex): File Extensions\formatter.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\paster.sex): File Extensions\paster.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\security.sex): File Extensions\security.sex could not be read
    Error in LoadPSExtension(Extensions\srl.sex): File Extensions\srl.sex could not be read

Try starting Simba as administrator.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    To start coding, I recommend this guide. It introduces you to the concepts needed to script for any version of RS. Since you have some previous programming knowledge it should be easy for you grasp.

If you have any questions about it don't be afraid to ask.
    Thank you very much will read over it for sure

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kzhang View Post
    Hey there,
    First of all, great guide! It's really helpful.
    When I tried switching to opengl, the entire client just crashes. I'm not sure if that counts as RS giving you an error or not, but I tried the solution provided and it wouldn't work for me. I tried clearing all the RS caches, as well us updating my graphics drivers, so I'm not sure what's wrong.
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    Can you load OGL normally (in the browser)? If so, make sure you have the OpenGL.dll plugin in your Simba/Plugins/ folder.

Make sure you're interpreter is set to Lape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    Try starting Simba as administrator.
    I can't run as an administrator as whenever you open the script within the folder it opens Simba itself

Can you load OGL normally (in the browser)? If so, make sure you have the OpenGL.dll plugin in your Simba/Plugins/ folder.

Make sure you're interpreter is set to Lape.
    My interpreter's been set to Lape since install

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

I can't run as an administrator as whenever you open the script within the folder it opens Simba itself
    Navigate to your Simba installation folder, right click and select Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and tick the box at the bottom:
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    Navigate to your Simba installation folder, right click and select Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and tick the box at the bottom:
    Thanks for the help, it stopped the error messages but the extensions still aren't turned on and when I go to View > Extensions the box is blank

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Thanks for the help, it stopped the error messages but the extensions still aren't turned on and when I go to View > Extensions the box is blank
    You have to open Simba separately from the script. Open Simba, enable extensions then open the script from within Simba. Don't double click a script to open Simba. This is a bug and still hasn't been found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default OpenGl

Thanks for the response.

When I tried switching to OpenGl on the official runescape client, it closes immediately as well. On the browser, the screen just turns white.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kzhang View Post
    Thanks for the response.

When I tried switching to OpenGl on the official runescape client, it closes immediately as well. On the browser, the screen just turns white.
    You might want to try updating your graphics card drivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

You have to open Simba separately from the script. Open Simba, enable extensions then open the script from within Simba. Don't double click a script to open Simba. This is a bug and still hasn't been found.
    Thank you for all yours and Frements help so far, but some scripts such as AIODiv and Ashamans Livid Farmer have errors which are fixed by opening the scripts from the folder as opposed to doing so from within Simba

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Thank you for all yours and Frements help so far, but some scripts such as AIODiv and Ashamans Livid Farmer have errors which are fixed by opening the scripts from the folder as opposed to doing so from within Simba
    What kind of errors are these? I've never heard of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

What kind of errors are these? I've never heard of this.
    With AIODiv it fails to find area maps for the rifts and so on and the only way i've encountered that fixes it is to open the script from within the script folder, and with Ashamans Livid Farm there's an error that either occurs incredibly frequently or relatively rarely with Bitmaps (can't remember the exact wording but i'm pretty sure it's mentioned on the topic) that i've been told is fixable by opening the script from within the folder (not used the script in a while so i've not had chance to test this one yet)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

With AIODiv it fails to find area maps for the rifts and so on and the only way i've encountered that fixes it is to open the script from within the script folder, and with Ashamans Livid Farm there's an error that either occurs incredibly frequently or relatively rarely with Bitmaps (can't remember the exact wording but i'm pretty sure it's mentioned on the topic) that i've been told is fixable by opening the script from within the folder (not used the script in a while so i've not had chance to test this one yet)
    I'm not sure how that can be true, but whoever has some evidence (maybe a way to reproduce the bug), they should report it in the Simba bugs section.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

No that makes no shense for livid farm - send me what your error is though. But opening from the script location has no effect on the script at all (at least for my script idk about divination one)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    No that makes no shense for livid farm - send me what your error is though. But opening from the script location has no effect on the script at all (at least for my script idk about divination one)
    To be honest, I don't know how that can make a difference for any script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

As far as the livid farmer goes, this is the advice given for the issue I have with the script:
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorjulio View Post
    This means your bitmaps are stuck in your memory. I've seen this one a few times and it happened to me once. Try opening up livid farm directly from your scripts folder rather than from simba.
    And with AIODiv if you run it after opening it from within simba you get the following error message just with different wisp names depending on which you're training on: FATAL ERROR: .setup(): Unable to find map, searched path maps\incandescent_wisps.png
    I.e. if you were siphoning brilliant wisps you'd get the error FATAL ERROR: .setup(): Unable to find map, searched path maps\brilliant_wisps.png

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

As far as the livid farmer goes, this is the advice given for the issue I have with the script:
    That still doesn't make sense. Bitmaps are NEVER stuck in memory. If the script doesn't free bitmaps, Simba does it for you when the script stops. I think there's another explanation for this; I just don't know what it is.

And with AIODiv if you run it after opening it from within simba you get the following error message just with different wisp names depending on which you're training on: FATAL ERROR: .setup(): Unable to find map, searched path maps\incandescent_wisps.png
    I.e. if you were siphoning brilliant wisps you'd get the error FATAL ERROR: .setup(): Unable to find map, searched path maps\brilliant_wisps.png
    If that's for SPS, that's not even right path. There's no maps\ path in SPS.

Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread Information