Thread: Custom world entry does nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Custom world entry does nothing.

You see the scripts that have the custom world feature, but if you enter the world you want to be in, it doesn't use the select world page on runescape. Infact, half of the scripts I use can't even use the world select screen to choose a world anymore. It has to timeout and click "play now" to enter a random world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Try removing any favorite worlds you have selected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    Try removing any favorite worlds you have selected.
    is that what it is??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike408 View Post
    You see the scripts that have the custom world feature, but if you enter the world you want to be in, it doesn't use the select world page on runescape. Infact, half of the scripts I use can't even use the world select screen to choose a world anymore. It has to timeout and click "play now" to enter a random world.
    when the script usually asks for a world its the server that actually loaded into smart, so server 80 or whatever, i dont think (havent looked) there is one to choose a specific world.

its the server that its getting all the data from.

this is only what i think it is, dont quote me on it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

I think Bob is mostly right.. The point is that if you choose world 6, it won't go to world 6 (unless world six is somehow the best world for you, which I don't see how it ever would be).

And it's not random, it's Jagex's doing. They point you to the 'best' world for your location, amount of players, etc.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

I'm assuming most scripts will ask for the SMART server, in which case, no, it won't log in to the world you set it to. You have to set world info. for each player if you want them to log in to specific worlds:
    Simba Code:
    // from TUser (SRL's players.scar)
    WorldInfo: TVariantArray;       // * [Members {Boolean}, World {Integer}, PVP {Boolean}]          

// used like
    Players[0].WorldInfo := [Players[0].Member, 152, False];
    PVP should probably be removed since there are no PVP worlds, but it doesn't really matter right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes just to confirm what everyone is saying, it loads the server not the world. The reason for this is if you have multiple SMART's running, you use different servers. This allows the multi-logins (there are other ways but this is easiest).
    Extinct.

Formally known as Drags111.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    PVP should probably be removed since there are no PVP worlds, but it doesn't really matter right now.
    can it be changed to high risk wildy worlds? i like to go on those because high number of players and less people at some bot spots

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bolshak25 View Post
    can it be changed to high risk wildy worlds? i like to go on those because high number of players and less people at some bot spots
    I'm sure it could. I would have to look into it though as I'm not sure how the world switching works. I don't have time right now, but I'm sure it's not a difficult change.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

I'm sure it could. I would have to look into it though as I'm not sure how the world switching works. I don't have time right now, but I'm sure it's not a difficult change.
    Right now it detects the window that pops up as a warning for high risk worlds and switches worlds if it's found. Should be a fairly small alteration.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

ive updated the worlds info and uploaded it, the high - risk wilderness worlds have pvp set to true because im hoping we can change them to the new pvp worlds if you do the detection. also a few worlds were removed/added by jagex and many worlds are switched from f2p/mem to the other.

i updated it today so right now its accurate maybe we should put the most recent date it was updated in the file itself so we know how up to date/outdated it really is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If you have custom worlds, it will cause it to time out and click play now.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bolshak25 View Post
    ive updated the worlds info and uploaded it, the high - risk wilderness worlds have pvp set to true because im hoping we can change them to the new pvp worlds if you do the detection. also a few worlds were removed/added by jagex and many worlds are switched from f2p/mem to the other.

i updated it today so right now its accurate maybe we should put the most recent date it was updated in the file itself so we know how up to date/outdated it really is.
    Thanks I'll get to it when I get time if no one else does.

If you have custom worlds, it will cause it to time out and click play now.
    You mean favourite worlds? I'm not sure why that is, so I'd have to take a look a that as well. Feel free to look yourself if you have the knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks I'll get to it when I get time if no one else does.

You mean favourite worlds? I'm not sure why that is, so I'd have to take a look a that as well. Feel free to look yourself if you have the knowledge.
    My guess is it works by having a picture of the world selection page without the favorite worlds used to guide the script. Having favorite worlds would make it look different than what is used. I don't know how the thing works though, Im just guessing.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

My guess is it works by having a picture of the world selection page without the favorite worlds used to guide the script. Having favorite worlds would make it look different than what is used. I don't know how the thing works though, Im just guessing.
    It won't be a picture as that would be a HUGE bitmap, but you're on the right track. It probably just does some kind of color check in a certain area and that area changes when there are favourite worlds selected.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    I think Bob is mostly right.. The point is that if you choose world 6, it won't go to world 6 (unless world six is somehow the best world for you, which I don't see how it ever would be).

And it's not random, it's Jagex's doing. They point you to the 'best' world for your location, amount of players, etc.
    When I log on to rs right after a system update it puts me on world 6 because the world 6 server is here in southern california.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomTuff View Post
    When I log on to rs right after a system update it puts me on world 6 because the world 6 server is here in southern california.
    Well. The rest of my post was mostly right, so whatever.

Thread Information