Thread: OSI - The Official SCAR Include

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default OSI - The Official SCAR Include

OSI (O.S.I. Official SCAR Include) is the next generation of library resource for SCAR. This project is primarily a response to the executive SRL decision to discontinue support in SRL after SRL 4 (SRL 5 and onwards) for SCAR. OSI is for SCAR 3.26 and onwards.

Our goal is to create a flexible include or library of automation relevant macroing that SCAR users will find helpful in order to create scripts for a multitude of games and other automated tasks. The include is divided into categories and subcategories in order to provide the end user with the ability to use what resources he/she needs while not wasting compilation on irrelevant resources. For now, our primary focus is providing such resources for RuneScape v2 by Jagex L.T.D.. Global standardization, neatness, organization, flexibility, and automative-human-like-simulation are of our highest priorities.

We are currently using private SVN space maintained by Freddy1990, the currently developer of SCAR after its original creator Kaitnieks passed it down to him, with restricted access to those who will be developing the include hands on and a selected few who will contribute in other ways such as feedback and testing.

At full public release, OSI will be publicly announced and available on www.github.com where it will be maintained and developed after the current private developmental phases.

-------------------

Now... regarding the implications of this statement....

I have been a SCAR user since 2005. I have been a registered user of SRL since late 2006. I have been a member of SRL since mid 2007. I was rejected in my application to be an SRL Developer in early 2009. I have been a senior member of SRL since late 2009. After my contributions to the SRL Anti-random, or random solving, I was asked to become an SRL developer. I was polled, accepted, and admitted to the SRL team Feb 2010. Since then I have done what I've can to develop and contribute to SRL to the best of my ability.

About a year ago a new replacement for SCAR revealed itself to me, simba. I have supported simba under the condition that I can also support SCAR. I knew then that this condition was not one that would be available forever. At the time of this realization I began planning and developing a separate include from SRL that I will be primary leader of, OSI. It hasn't been until recent months that I have truly stopped most of my contributions towards SRL and focused on my new ideal.

Until now, SRL has always been my home and main priority in my computer coding related life, and it will always be my true origin.. although I discovered this place and SCAR through an old and dead forum now called scar-scripts.com.

I wish SRL, simba, and all of its members well on its journey and goals. But sadly I will not be along for the ride. You may see me come by and make posts or share my knowledge... even ask for help from time to time, but I will no longer be who I've been for these forums all these years.

This is a tough decision to make, and I did everything in my power to try and reason my way into coexisting here with the new SRL, but it has failed and is no longer worth anyone's time nor effort to come to a solution that involves coexistence.

From this point forward, SRL and Simba, OSI and SCAR will exist in two separate communities under two separate leaderships and administrations. Anyone is welcome to be apart of our community just as I hope anyone who is a SCAR/OSI folk is welcome to be a member of Simba/SRL. We will accept everyone on an individual basis not based on your status or history at SRL as we hope you do for us in return.

I hope that we will coexist in separate forums on good terms and share useful advice, common code, goals, and other material for our mutual benefit, just make separate decisions now without holding back any longer.. for the greater good.

Consider this my final post as an SRL user, from now on I'd like to be considered an inter-community representative from SCAR. I would also like any other representatives to be treated the same here including Node (aka Timer), as long as he behaves . You can expect the same hospitality from us over at our community.

Cheers

Wanted
    IceFire908
    James
    Last edited by Wanted; 08-29-2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Simple grammatical revisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<3 you icefire. Good luck with the include and let me know if you need anything!
    Extinct.

Formally known as Drags111.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I hope you keep it within the same license so each project can share code from each other (legally).

Good luck with your work.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bye then. Thanks for your contributions over the years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

goodbye. Shame for you to do this, but you will make your own decisions.
    Writing an SRL Member Application | [Updated] Pascal Scripting Statements
    My GitHub

Progress Report:
    13:46 <@BenLand100> <SourceCode> @BenLand100: what you have just said shows you 
                        have serious physchological problems
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE GETS IT!
    13:46 <@BenLand100> HE FINALLY GETS IT!!!!1

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Eventually, I figured this would be the only solution. Let's just make sure that we'll never have these awful include wars as we had 8 years ago, ok?
    I'm sure we're more mature than our predecessors. (At least older)

Thanks for your contributions and comments. (Even though they were not always welcome, you've been a royal pain as well and you know it)

If you do really well perhaps someday Freddy will give you access to his secret chest of source, although I wouldn't count on it.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your community doesn't seem to have a trace of this so-called include .
    Verrekte Koekwous

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastaraymond View Post
    Your community doesn't seem to have a trace of this so-called include .
    It's still under development, I think a public beta version will be released when it's reached the points it's ready for field testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Wish you all the best IceFire, good luck.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Nice, I guess that you'll probably include the random solving code that's yours Wanted?
    If so then you can use any of mine if you want, although I'd like to contribute to OSI I doubt I'll be able to any time soon; as I am seriously busy .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for all the support.

This is not a goodbye so much as a statement of me stepping down my part here.

My thoughts concerning the reasons or past events on this subject are irrelevant as they do not matter anymore, so there is no need for me to express them any longer.

I will be using any code that I find unable to rewrite any better that is made by those who are glad to put it to a good cause... if that answers your question Naum. Though I doubt much random solving code will involve anything less than rewriting with reference to existing code.

For those asking questions about reflection, or helping out with anything at all, you will find this thread to be useful.

OSI will remain under private SVN during these phases as it's only about a month to 2 months into the actual coding. Read access will be given to a selective group of people who are either extremely helpful and/or potential for OSI developership themselves.
    Last edited by Wanted; 08-30-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I look forward to seeing all of those who consider and possibly contribute to the formation of OSI and its success. Development will be progressing slow and steadily, as most of the current developers are wrapped up in more important things (education, RSBot v3, etc).
    Last edited by Node; 08-30-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

YAY!!!
    Been waiting for this IceFire908!

Thanks! Good luck and if i can contribute in anyway(coding/testing) let me know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Really looking forward to this. Makes me all tingly in my naughty bits.

I'd like to say I'm surprised by this move, but not really. If co-existing with a single include is not an option then so be it.

Is it too early to put in requests for features? Since you're basically starting from scratch now would be a good time to at least take into consideration foreign worlds botting, and maybe we could avoid preloading everything every time even if it's not needed (a la srl's bitmaps).
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    Really looking forward to this. Makes me all tingly in my naughty bits.

I'd like to say I'm surprised by this move, but not really. If co-existing with a single include is not an option then so be it.

Is it too early to put in requests for features? Since you're basically starting from scratch now would be a good time to at least take into consideration foreign worlds botting, and maybe we could avoid preloading everything every time even if it's not needed (a la srl's bitmaps).
    Go to http://forums.scar-divi.com/index.php and suggest =)

-Boom

Thread Information