Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 91

Thread: Epicbot*has virus.(how to correctly uninstall)*****

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokester View Post
    Yes because the extra installation crap has anything to do with wanting rsgp? That's some crappy toolbar makers goal? I think not. Who wants to hack your account and take your gold? The person that added a virus to epic/rs/anythingelse bot if they aren't open source they are a virus. Plain and simple. Why would someone want to hide their source from their users? Because it has a virus in it!!!

    "Oh I've been using it on accounts with 1b+ and maxed stats and I haven't been hacked ftw!" Noo!!! THEY JUST HAVENT GOTTEN TO YOUR ACCOUNT YET! Come on! Quit saying your antivirus didn't find anything so its clean. There are SOOO many viruses that can't be detected. Quit being ignorant little brats and accept the fact that they are all viruses.
    Your name is fitting, because what you say is a joke. Lolz "all closed source software is a virus". Dumbass. You need a tinfoil suit to match your tinfoil hat; the government might not be able to read your mind but they might be able to control your body otherwise...............

    Seriously, though. I can't believe I'm actually posting this, but...:
    Reasons to be closed source:
    • Prevent upstarts from taking your code, modifying it, and redistributing it with malware inside.
    • Prevent the game owners from reading your code, finding a telltale heuristic (a.k.a. 'signature' move) that your bot will do every time something occurs, and bot nuking all your users.
    • Prevent people from downloading your source, fucking something up, and getting themselves banned.
    • Prevent competitors from stealing your source, adding stuff, and selling it.
    • Protect paid script makers. Open source = much harder to secure...imagine that.
    • The list goes on...

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ohh...I almost forgot...
    Use wireshark to monitor the packets epicbot sends to their servers. All it sends is GET requests for needed information, some POST with version data, etc. It sends EXACTLY the same data with different account data in the list.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokester View Post
    Yes because the extra installation crap has anything to do with wanting rsgp? That's some crappy toolbar makers goal? I think not. Who wants to hack your account and take your gold? The person that added a virus to epic/rs/anythingelse bot if they aren't open source they are a virus. Plain and simple. Why would someone want to hide their source from their users? Because it has a virus in it!!!

    "Oh I've been using it on accounts with 1b+ and maxed stats and I haven't been hacked ftw!" Noo!!! THEY JUST HAVENT GOTTEN TO YOUR ACCOUNT YET! Come on! Quit saying your antivirus didn't find anything so its clean. There are SOOO many viruses that can't be detected. Quit being ignorant little brats and accept the fact that they are all viruses.
    lol. its closed source because they have paid scripts the reason srl is open source is because they only take donations and sell nothing. if epic bot was open source jagex could mess with them and put their website to an end and even possible sew them. power bot even has proof of a ddos attack from Cambridge, its suspected jagex is behind it.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Anywhere that has WIFI
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superbuster4 View Post
    lol. its closed source because they have paid scripts the reason srl is open source is because they only take donations and sell nothing. if epic bot was open source jagex could mess with them and put their website to an end and even possible sew them. power bot even has proof of a ddos attack from Cambridge, its suspected jagex is behind it.
    Paid scripts have nothing to do with it... pbot used to be opensource and had paid scripts. So did rsbuddy... Us being open source has nothing to do with only taking donations. We have nothing to hide.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokester View Post
    Paid scripts have nothing to do with it... pbot used to be opensource and had paid scripts. So did rsbuddy... Us being open source has nothing to do with only taking donations. We have nothing to hide.
    do you still not get it? powerbot is going to be a closed source. its no because they have anything to hide, well maybe they do, but they main reason of closing your sources is because you do not want anyone to temper with it, do you realy think jagex cares about those little questions that ask if they are related to jagex? no they don't they do what they want.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They cannot even program malware properly. They should of wrote a kernel based rootkit - it would of helped them hide their malware better. But, I am not surprised. Which is why I didn't get fooled and run.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Anywhere that has WIFI
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superbuster4 View Post
    do you still not get it? powerbot is going to be a closed source. its no because they have anything to hide, well maybe they do, but they main reason of closing your sources is because you do not want anyone to temper with it, do you realy think jagex cares about those little questions that ask if they are related to jagex? no they don't they do what they want.
    Do you still not get it? It's a virus. Many bots were open source and had no problems with doing it. And if they aren't infecting it then they shouldn't have any problem with showing the source. And check out Sin's thread.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokester View Post
    Do you still not get it? It's a virus. Many bots were open source and had no problems with doing it. And if they aren't infecting it then they shouldn't have any problem with showing the source. And check out Sin's thread.
    You. Are. An. Idiot.

    If closed source software was bad...ugh, I don't even know where to begin.

    As to the negative rep you gave me on my post about open source: "all of those can be done with closed source programs. stop talking out your ass."

    Let me restate those items that this dipshit says can be done with open as well as closed source programs:
    • Prevent upstarts from taking your code, modifying it, and redistributing it with malware inside.
    • Prevent the game owners from reading your code, finding a telltale heuristic (a.k.a. 'signature' move) that your bot will do every time something occurs, and bot nuking all your users.
    • Prevent people from downloading your source, fucking something up, and getting themselves banned.
    • Prevent competitors from stealing your source, adding stuff, and selling it.
    • Protect paid script makers. Open source = much harder to secure...imagine that.
    • The list goes on...

    You may now feel like a retard.

    PS:
    http://blog.grumpycoder.net/index.ph...-source-is-bad

    And a final parting shot:
    Did it ever occur to you that the writers of EpicBot OWN it? That it's THEIRS, by copyright? That maybe, just maybe, they don't share their sauce with you because they're a company, and they have a profit margin?
    Last edited by CrysisMK2; 03-23-2012 at 02:39 PM.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Anywhere that has WIFI
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrysisMK2 View Post
    You. Are. An. Idiot.

    If closed source software was bad...ugh, I don't even know where to begin.

    As to the negative rep you gave me on my post about open source: "all of those can be done with closed source programs. stop talking out your ass."

    Let me restate those items that this dipshit says can be done with open as well as closed source programs:
    • Prevent upstarts from taking your code, modifying it, and redistributing it with malware inside.
    • Prevent the game owners from reading your code, finding a telltale heuristic (a.k.a. 'signature' move) that your bot will do every time something occurs, and bot nuking all your users.
    • Prevent people from downloading your source, fucking something up, and getting themselves banned.
    • Prevent competitors from stealing your source, adding stuff, and selling it.
    • Protect paid script makers. Open source = much harder to secure...imagine that.
    • The list goes on...

    You may now feel like a retard.

    PS:
    http://blog.grumpycoder.net/index.ph...-source-is-bad

    And a final parting shot:
    Did it ever occur to you that the writers of EpicBot OWN it? That it's THEIRS, by copyright? That maybe, just maybe, they don't share their sauce with you because they're a company, and they have a profit margin?
    First I didn't de-rep you. Second it doesn't matter if someone else takes their source. If someone takes their source and can't just create their own bot then the bot will be crap and no one will use it in the first place. Pbot was open-source for a very long time and the only thing to happen was the recent bot nuke if im not mistaken.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Does extremely high bandwidth/uploads/downloads( 2gb per day on a private server) count as the signs? I almost got hacked, and for the past months, my new comPuter has been overheating, as i thought i have deleted the epicbot files completely. I have macafee antivirus.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

    Default

    Epicbot has been out for more than a year, if they were going to mass hack people then their users wouldn't but anymore scripts and they'd lose a lot of money. Think of it this way they could make 15k from one person or 45 dollars from them buying scripts. I know which one I would prefer.
    Presides I've decompiled the client after every update, there has been no malware i have discovered so far and i run it on a vm with 4 accounts. All of them valuable accounts and nothing.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoF View Post
    I haven't paid much attention to any of this at all, but from what I've gathered the supporters stance is mainly "hey, it doesn't install this known malware/adware to your computer unless you accept it hurr durr". The bot trying to install anything like that at all instantly makes me suspicious as fudge about it. Not to mention hearing about lots of Epicbot/Rarebot users suddenly starting to get hacked (apparently mostly by chinese people) all the time.

    Now of course there's tons of people saying "well, i havent been hacked! (yet)", but if I was some greedy butthole stealing the info of tons of accounts, I would probably empty them at a slow pace at first, so the majority of users will just assume it's the individuals fault, and they will say things like "Hey, I haven't had any trouble! This is legit! (for now at least)".

    I heard Jagex is releasing another nuke "soon" (scheduled this month or next?), too. Whenever that happens I highly suggest getting rid of anything related to EB and any bots like it and instantly changing all passes. If Jagex does a good job the admins might just think "fudge this poopoo, lets just clean as many accs as we can and kill this project, so we can run with the money.". Wouldn't even be surprising in todays RS.
    I think they are paid sponsor apps that contain viruses, not that it makes it any more acceptable

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy Help

    i have noticed that my computer has becoming more slower and running not as smoothly. i believe it is my epicbot. I have done what you said but when ever i go check if the file is deleted it is still there and still can not uninstall the program. please help!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern Finland
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I have used epicbot since before it came out on 2011, i have scanned it numerous times before, and after the bot nuke with professional security programs, never found anything.

    My account has had +100m on money pouch for over a year, and i have used epicbot nearly the whole time. Never been hacked.

    The positive virus result is from third party software, when you spamclick "continue" on your installation program, and decide to install toolbars or something like that. If you would have been patient, you would have unchecked the boxes, and tada, no virus alarm for you.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Well there account stealing over @ Epicbot que must be a god damn year long cause I've never got a account hacked... I've used them over a year ago... I've used Powerbot and as of late nothing but Simba... None of these 3 have viruses in the minimal installation process...

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incarceron View Post
    Epicbot itself has no virus. When you install Epicbot the installer also installs other Third-party applications unless you uncheck the boxes.
    some1 with some common sense finally, i have no problem with simba or epicbot but if u install epicbot it works fine and is clean. first 5 windows or so of its instalation are not even epicbot if u slow down unlike a fool with 12 toolbars on top of there IE or firefox or whatever when u install you would notice.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    dont use epic bot, i was insanely lucky. I installed it along with all the third party shit, the third party shit had viruses, I tried using epicbot and it didn't even work. I logged onto runescape from chrome and banked all my shit and went to bed. When I logged on the next day it said my bank pin was pending to be deleted, changed my pass and everything luckily I banked everything.
    ^Question of the day^

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    I used epicbot 4months before they hacked me. When I started using eb i had 270m money and when they hacked me only 110m was left because i trained herblore. that malware sometimes closed my computer and moved my mouse. DONT USE EPICBOT!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayiyi View Post
    I used epicbot 4months before they hacked me. When I started using eb i had 270m money and when they hacked me only 110m was left because i trained herblore. that malware sometimes closed my computer and moved my mouse. DONT USE EPICBOT!
    Sounds like a RAT, dude. Let me guess, you downloaded a cracked epicbot pro version from youtube?
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,347
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gala View Post
    Sounds like a RAT, dude. Let me guess, you downloaded a cracked epicbot pro version from youtube?
    is there really such a big market for that?
    Woodcutting Script: Benny's Teak Pro [Working]
    Need RS membership, cheap and fast? Look no further than here!
    Want to Donate to SRL but don't have the PP funds? Send me a PM or go to the link above if you wish to donate via RSGP.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Benny View Post
    is there really such a big market for that?
    Yea, it is sad but true. There are big communities selling all you need to get slaves. But most of them are kiddies with basic c/c++/vb knowledge, so nothing professional.
    I never used EpicBot but computer shutdown/mouse control are typical commands of a kid who wants to clean his victims bank as fast as possible. So definitely a RAT.
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kapolei
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    HA! This thread was hilarious. This botting site is just as safe if not worse then epicbot... Lul. Sites make stuff up and edit pictures all the time. Both sites do this to attack other users.
    Dont have a signature guys. Mods threaten to ban you.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Turlock/LA, California
    Posts
    1,485
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneshadow View Post
    This botting site is just as safe if not worse then epicbot...
    that statement will NEVER be true for these reasons:

    1. srl/simba/smart is all open source software. you can view every single line of code and compile it yourself. if there were a virus/rat in either simba or smart, everyone would know by now, simply because everyone can see it for themselves. ALL other bot are closed source. this means that they can put whatever they want in the program, and you will never be able to view it. if they had a rat in there, you will never know.

    2. the srl community is not a "omg lets bot on rs for the gps" type of community. srl has always made learning a pinnacle for the community. here, we make u go through the code and learn how to input ur name/pass. we dont just say, click run and it will run (all other bots do this). we force ppl to look at at-least a little bit of the code. the atmosphere here is about learning how to program and script, not scripting itself. one great example is found in the great program Simba. this program was never designed for runescape. it was designed for any possible script, with any possible application or game. we are not limited to rs, we do not limit our learning experience. you can never say that for any other botting site. they are all centered around rs, thus more likely to give u a rs-specific rat/virus.

    3. the average IQ of people on this site is far higher than those on other botting sites. I understand that there are many smart people associated with each bot! But this community isnt a leech-centric community. Powerbot,Epicbot, iWannaGetHackedBot, etc, all are centered around their leechers, because their leechers pay them the money. After the first bot nuke, many dumb leechers came here sadly, and i dont believe our community has been quite the same since. but it still has far less leechers than other communities. where there are smarter people, there are fewer opportunities to trick those people. getting a virus is simply tricking the victim. leechers dont even know how to go to file - open - bla.simba ... do u know how many threads have been made about "adding a bot". ...the ignorance and stupidity oozes out of them. if there were to be a virus, it would be targeted towards the mass of the mindless.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    epicbot can steal my accounts with that virus?
    Making Money Guide 15-20m hour (no requirements):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0


  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Future.
    Posts
    4,330
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)

    Default

    K lets get this settled.

    1. That open source argument that a ton of SRL members seem to use is ridiculous. Any project can be open source and still have a virus and I will bet all my money on it. Know why? Think about this. How many users of Simba really compile it themselves? Do you compile Smart yourself? No.. Not very many even know how to write hello world but they argue open source cuz others say that. It's like the Windows vs. Linux. Half the kids that say Linux are just copy cats or the wannabe haxors and cool kids. Linux is only good if you know how to use it. The open source argument is only valid if you compile everything yourself.

    2. Epic bot doesn't have a virus. Decompile it with OllyDbg. Decompile it with IDAPro and tell me where the virus is.. I don't use epicbot. I used to years ago. I recently decompiled it while helping someone to see if there was a way to get it to run on Java 6 along with swift kit and smart all at the same time. It has no virus.

    3. You don't trust the exe? Then fine. Run the jar from command line. Or just double clickt he jar.

    4. You don't trust the jar? Deobb it and look it over with CJBE and you'll see.

    5. Monitor it with backtrack, wireshark, or some packet sniffer and you'll see it doesn't send out malicious requests. Infact you can even break down each packet sent out and see the info sent with it. Everything is bytes. 4 bytes = 1 letter UTF-32.. Usually 1-4 bytes per character depending on the encoding. Print the bytes of each packet to a console or file and you'll see that no packet contains your password or username. If you just sniff it alone, you can see it just sents update requests to epicbot and all other info goes to runescape.

    6. The extra crap you install with epicbot doesn't have viruses but rather it has spyware/adware. Thus the solution is to decline everything and just install epicbot alone. That's it.

    So please stop arguing this b.s. open source stuff if you're not compiling it yourself. Stop hating on other bots as well. It doesn't make these forums any better. Someone asks for help setting up a bot from another site, just help them if you can. I've seen guys on powerbot saying email them and they'd help setup Simba for you. I've seen people bash RID guys here who are trying to learn scripting. This kinda stuff is non-sense.


    That should clear up everything. Just remember.. pb was opensource at one time yet like 50k guys got hacked. Opensource isn't an argument guys.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-23-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    I am Ggzz..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •