Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use Xp lamps for which skill?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Default Use Xp lamps for which skill?

Just wondering which skill u guys use ur xp lamps/jack of trades/other xp rewards on?
    Since every skills other than slayer/dg is bottable, i find it a waste to put on any other skills, even if its costly (u can bot for gold for buyable skills), so the choice is only down with slayer and dungeoneering.

Slayer:
    Pros
    The slowest skill, maxing at about 60k/hr even if u use the fastest possible method. Even legits use lamp on this.

Cons
    It makes money usually,trains combat skill, and it is very likely that a slayer bot will be made in the future (just need to exhaustively code walking and every slayer monster assigned by kuradal).

Dungeoneering:
    Pros
    The only skill that I wont expect to be bottable even in another 6 months. Extremely slow too if u have to solo.

Cons
    Gets no token by using lamps.
    Extremely fast xp (up to ~300-400k/hr) if u get a gd party).

So im stuck with the dilemma of using on slayer/dg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Summoning. Screw collecting charms.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Farming, but only because I'm going for 200m. Otherwise it would be runecrafting for efficiency's sake.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

60k/h Slayer? Thats probably only possible if you use cannon in multi zone area and that cannot be a constant 60k/h since tasks and their difficulty constantly change.

I use mine on runecrafting.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Summoning. Screw collecting charms.
    why is it screwed if u can bot wf/black demon and get over 100 charms/hr easily? (along with combat xp,effigies, valuable drops etc) Or use a Soulwars bot for no random

Quote Originally Posted by neznam View Post
    60k/h Slayer? Thats probably only possible if you use cannon in multi zone area and that cannot be a constant 60k/h since tasks and their difficulty constantly change.

I use mine on runecrafting.
    its possible at max cb and spamming steel titan scroll&cannon, and cancel/block all slow tasks. That was the rate suomi was getting. I dont find rc slow when i can bot it (along with some profit)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'd go for dung
    Slayer makes money & is pretty fast still.

Dungeon has to be paid if you want to leech mostly, its very slow solo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I'd use for slayer since you can slay better monsters with better levels and you can still get money after 99. On dung is better to get the tokkens the level is not really important.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Slayer all the way.

There is no bot for slayer, and I don't see a slayer bot with full kuradal support for at least a year. Avg xp rate is bellow 35k xp / hour, around 45k if you powerslay.
    There is a bot for runecrafting. Xp/hour is 50k if you do ZMI.
    There is no bot for dungeoneering, and I don't see one for the next year, but the XP rate is much much better than slayer. Well over 100k xp/hour
    There is bots for summoning, collecting and pouch infusing.. I don't know the xp/hour but it shouldn't be that bad.

The only logical choice is slayer.
    My scripts:
    Advanced Barb Agility Course(outdated), MonkeyThieverV0.11, MahoganyTableV0.4(outdated)
    Questions? I bet that for 98% of those, you'll find answer HERE

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexes View Post
    I'd use for slayer since you can slay better monsters with better levels and you can still get money after 99. On dung is better to get the tokkens the level is not really important.
    Higher dg lvl gives access to higher floors, and easier to find a good pt (eg. join 3bo). And lvl is important if u are aiming for completionist cape.

Quote Originally Posted by sir eska eau View Post
    Slayer all the way.

There is no bot for slayer, and I don't see a slayer bot with full kuradal support for at least a year. Avg xp rate is bellow 35k xp / hour, around 45k if you powerslay.
    There is a bot for runecrafting. Xp/hour is 50k if you do ZMI.
    There is no bot for dungeoneering, and I don't see one for the next year, but the XP rate is much much better than slayer. Well over 100k xp/hour
    There is bots for summoning, collecting and pouch infusing.. I don't know the xp/hour but it shouldn't be that bad.

The only logical choice is slayer.
    I have yet to attempt any combat bots but i guess full kuradal support shouldnt be too hard? Kuradal only assigns 36 possible npc (or 35 if u dont unlock aquanites), with block list and task skipping u may only have to choose ~20 easier npc to code? And all that would be needed is banking,walking, fighting and looting procedures (and getting new tasks using contact npc--would be extremely easy), unlike dg is wayyyy much more complex.

And yeah using lamps on any skill other than dg/slay is simply a waste of manhour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    I have yet to attempt any combat bots but i guess full kuradal support shouldnt be too hard? Kuradal only assigns 36 possible npc (or 35 if u dont unlock aquanites), with block list and task skipping u may only have to choose ~20 easier npc to code? And all that would be needed is banking,walking, fighting and looting procedures (and getting new tasks using contact npc--would be extremely easy), unlike dg is wayyyy much more complex.
    There is a reason it hasn't been done yet. I think you are underestimating that size of that project.
    Fighting isn't too bad, but looting is harder than you think. Also walking around the map like this an not messing up anywhere? Very unlikely.
    You'd have to use as many teleport as you can to reduce the size of the project, and that would mean that not everyone could use the script.

It would take months of work to make such a script. Plus with the bot nuke right around the corner, I doubt someone would want to start a script knowing that what he has done might be destroyed before he even release it.

Anyway I've been using all my lamp in slayer, since I know I will have to legit slayer and dungeoneering. I got most of my skill to 99 already, only got a few remaining, should take around a few months to be done with bottable skill.

I've got very bad memories from dung, but that was in w117 with dumbass leechers and rage quitter in all of my team. I won't make the same mistake this time and I'll use a good dung clan.
    My scripts:
    Advanced Barb Agility Course(outdated), MonkeyThieverV0.11, MahoganyTableV0.4(outdated)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I put all of my lamps into slayer, at the moment. It's going to take the longest to get to 99 and is one of the few that I can't use a script on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

It's true to an extent that rcing is more exp/hr than slayer, but that depends on if you need/want combat exp. For a overall exp whore like me its smarter to use lamps on rcing with a max of 50k/hr, and while doing slayer you get the slayer exp + the combat exp so its much more than 50k/hr overall exp. I legit everything so doesn't matter to me if theres a script for it or not.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    why is it screwed if u can bot wf/black demon and get over 100 charms/hr easily? (along with combat xp,effigies, valuable drops etc) Or use a Soulwars bot for no random
    A lot more of a risk of dying to earn the charms. And a lot of legits train at those spots and will get mad + report you.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

well when the wheel thingy came out, i used all the xp lamps on farming since that was the only i wasnt going to train. I managed to get 30 farming just by using the xp lamps. other than that, i'll say slayer since it benefits even more than dungeoneering.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ucantseemebot View Post
    well when the wheel thingy came out, i used all the xp lamps on farming since that was the only i wasnt going to train. I managed to get 30 farming just by using the xp lamps. other than that, i'll say slayer since it benefits even more than dungeoneering.
    hmm how does slayer benefit more than dg lol? i'd consider rewards/abilities earn from slayer not even 1/10 as good as dg rewards..

Farming is easy xp, just bot livid farm or incorporate a tree patch running procedure into ur bank standing scripts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use mine on prayer, just because I don't want to spend all my money on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Farming is propably the easiest skill if you have money.

All you have to do is do a tree run once or twice a day, which takes like 10 minutes.

Then, like magic, you are 99 by the end of the month. That's like, 10 hours of work for a 99. Fastest 99 ever.
    My scripts:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sir eska eau View Post
    Farming is propably the easiest skill if you have money.

All you have to do is do a tree run once or twice a day, which takes like 10 minutes.

Then, like magic, you are 99 by the end of the month. That's like, 10 hours of work for a 99. Fastest 99 ever.
    nah cooking/fm is faster, leave ur com on for few days and u get a 99
    I cant stand legitting anything when i can bot instead, even if its 10min/day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Then why do you play runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I normally use mine on dung because its a boring skill and up until now unbottable but epicbot have released a dung bot so i might try that out and then just use lamps on farming because thats another skill i cba to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I honestly use all mine on dung. I don't know why, but that skill makes me want to throw my computer off a 7 story building. It bores the shit out of me, even leeching I can barely stand. I have no interest (at the moment) in getting chaotics and tokens are much faster at higher level so for now, I go dung all the way.
    I actually enjoy slayer (for some odd reason) far more than dung, I enjoy almost any skill more than dung. I cannot fathom a reason for my hatred, I just.... hate it.

~Caotom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caotom View Post
    I honestly use all mine on dung. I don't know why, but that skill makes me want to throw my computer off a 7 story building. It bores the shit out of me, even leeching I can barely stand. I have no interest (at the moment) in getting chaotics and tokens are much faster at higher level so for now, I go dung all the way.
    I actually enjoy slayer (for some odd reason) far more than dung, I enjoy almost any skill more than dung. I cannot fathom a reason for my hatred, I just.... hate it.

~Caotom
    Tbh i think most people feel the same way, mostly because its not a real skill - it would make more sense being a minigame or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerylin View Post
    Tbh i think most people feel the same way, mostly because its not a real skill - it would make more sense being a minigame or something.
    I think that the contrary is true. Dungeoneering is one of the few skills that actually requires skill. Watch a team do an 11 minute 5:5 large and you'll see what I mean.

That being said, it's an absolute waste of time to dung at all below level 50. Xp lamps should be used on it until 50-60 or more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

i only use my exp lamps for slayer. im trying to legit a chaotic or i would be using it on dung (i dont want to mess up my exp counter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    I think that the contrary is true. Dungeoneering is one of the few skills that actually requires skill. Watch a team do an 11 minute 5:5 large and you'll see what I mean.

That being said, it's an absolute waste of time to dung at all below level 50. Xp lamps should be used on it until 50-60 or more.
    I didn't mean it doesn't take skill to do i just meant that it would be more suited as a minigame as there isn't a specific thing your doing rather than using a combination of different skills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information