Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ Hidden Update ] G.E. Resell Limit

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Default [ Hidden Update ] G.E. Resell Limit

Before today, we were able to buy an items from he grand exchange, and sell it back on the ge instantly.

As of today, April 11 2012, you now have to wait 4 Hours to sell an item back on the ge if you just bought it from the ge. This is a hidden update. Go try it for yourself.

What does this mean?
    This means you can no longer flip items more than once in a 4 hour period.

This basically kills flipping certain items like Bandos and Dragon claws, which were fast moving items that had low margins. You made up for the low margins because of the quantity traded. However now you can no longer buy more than 10 every 4 hours, so the profit from them will be minimal.

Video proof of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_XBqtyW89o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zv-kjGaGt8

Looks like Jagex keeps ruining this game by each week, rather than each month.
    Last edited by Jake; 04-12-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Oh my! This is horrible!

Screw Jagex

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omglawlzyougotpw View Post
    Before today, we were able to buy an items from he grand exchange, and sell it back on the ge instantly.

As of today, April 11 2012, you now have to wait 4 Hours to sell an item back on the ge if you just bought it from the ge. This is a hidden update. Go try it for yourself.

What does this mean?
    This means you can no longer flip items more than once in a 4 hour period.

This basically kills flipping certain items like Bandos and Dragon claws, which were fast moving items that had low margins. You made up for the low margins because of the quantity traded. However now you can no longer buy more than 10 every 4 hours, so the profit from them will be minimal.

Looks like Jagex keeps ruining this game by each week, rather than each month.
    Has anyone else confirmed this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hell yea! I hated how you could make large amounts of money just by buying and reselling items. The more cash you had, the more you earned (rich get richer...). I like the update since it encourages people to go earn their money "legit" by skilling or killing monsters

Thanks for sharing
    ~T2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tico2 View Post
    Hell yea! I hated how you could make large amounts of money just by buying and reselling items. The more cash you had, the more you earned (rich get richer...). I like the update since it encourages people to go earn their money "legit" by skilling or killing monsters

Thanks for sharing
    As injection is blowing up(Powerbot) legit skilling + farming is going to be almost pointless, everything is going to get super cheap fairy soon in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Seriously, fagex is crashing their own game with those retard updates. I hate that runescape getting worser with every single update.

I will try to answer all Runescape related questions!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

I like the update since it encourages people to go earn their money "legit" by skilling or killing monsters
    You're saying this on a forum which makes scripts for Runescape cheating.

Seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why would they even do that? It wasn't harming anything, the rich people would pay more and the lower people would get some extra gps, nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abu_jwka View Post

Seriously?
    Lol some people just say things to post. Is this confirmed though? That would be really disappointing to me because flipping is a good part of my income.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abu_jwka View Post

Seriously?
    I didn't say legit in terms of actually playing. It just seems stupid to me that you can make more money/h by flipping some items than actually doing something the game is about...
    ~T2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

I didn't say legit in terms of actually playing. It just seems stupid to me that you can make more money/h by flipping some items than actually doing something the game is about...
    Now that's tru - I hate flipping

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

I'm being told it is only 10 minutes. Anyone actually try this yet? Hope its not 4 hrs cuz my phat flips will take forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you had 1b you can easily make hundreds of mills within mere hours...BUT..if this update actually did happen..it'd suck for everyone. ): I'm the kind of person who buys and decides that I don't like it anymore after an hour.

EDIT: Okay maybe not hundreds of mills...but still very good money for little effort. :P
    Last edited by b_lone; 04-11-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

What with the hate on flipping? It can be done in any game with an economy really.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b_lone View Post
    If you had 1b you can easily make hundreds of mills within mere hours...BUT..if this update actually did happen..it'd suck for everyone. ): I'm the kind of person who buys and decides that I don't like it anymore after an hour.
    Uhhh....no you couln't. >.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope this encourages non-G.E. flipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b_lone View Post
    I hope this encourages non-G.E. flipping.
    non-GE flipping is worse than GE flipping. Takes way too much time and the only people that would take part in it is people trying to flip seeing as how those are the only people this update hurts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Wow, there goes my source of income...kinda. Luckily I buy huge amounts of items
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Undefined View Post
    Wow, there goes my source of income...kinda. Luckily I buy huge amounts of items
    Do you focus on investing? I might have to look more into that, but it definitely requires more knowledge of trends and such.

BTW your post count is 5555. Thought it was interesting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

The OP is a little misleading... It's obviously not just any item that has the limit. Does anybody know exactly what items this effects?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blother View Post
    Do you focus on investing? I might have to look more into that, but it definitely requires more knowledge of trends and such.

BTW your post count is 5555. Thought it was interesting
    I invest and do month long flips, cause it takes forever to buy the items

And aww, not any more
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wonderful, I think I'm finished with this game now. Flipping was the only thing that kept me playing.

For the people saying you hate flipping. you're pathetic. You only hate flipping because you don't actually know how to flip or don't know how to find good items. - Should've never said that, sorry.

People play the game differently. Just because you don't like the way some people make money doesn't mean you should call it stupid.

If you found a bug and made billions off it I wouldn't despise you. I'd applaud you for actually pushing the game to it's limits.
    Last edited by Geo; 04-11-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Varrock gTanner
    Previously known as England155.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    For the people saying you hate flipping. you're pathetic. You only hate flipping because you don't actually know how to flip or don't know how to find good items.
    It's not really pathetic to dislike a moneymaking method that messes so hard with the economy. Legit users have to pay a lot more for different items because people who don't need the items they need are buying them out. Flipping only causes harm to item prices for legit players, and helps add more inflation to the game which isn't a good thing.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    it's not really pathetic to dislike a moneymaking method that messes so hard with the economy. Legit users have to pay a lot more for different items because people who don't need the items they need are buying them out. Flipping only causes harm to item prices for legit players, and helps add more inflation to the game which isn't a good thing.
    this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What a silly update.. :/
    There goes merchanting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information