Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual Wielding for Mage,range,melee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I thought I would just post on this so people don't go spending all their Dungeoneering tokens on another Chaotic Rapier, as you'll need to wait and buy the new Off-hand Chaotic Rapier when it is released."
    This is off the forums posted by Mod Rathe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zockuito View Post
    "I thought I would just post on this so people don't go spending all their Dungeoneering tokens on another Chaotic Rapier, as you'll need to wait and buy the new Off-hand Chaotic Rapier when it is released."
    This is off the forums posted by Mod Rathe.

Oo, that is an important peace of information! Good find, please give me the quickfind code for verification and I'll post this on the OP right away!

edit: I found an official quote from the dual wielding tab of the combat section. Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by Luke L; 06-24-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

After watching that Behind the Scenes video, I actually feel a little better about the combat update. I am really glad that off-hand weapons do less than normal damage and impede defense. Everyone's saying that a lot of this is copying WoW; if Jagex is taking some design choices from Blizzard, hopefully they'll adopt Blizzard's attention to balance* as well.

*That is, unless you like playing Terran in Starcraft. Seems like they get hit with the nerfbat in every patch, and it doesn't look like they'll be getting any better in HotS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

so all that time getting dragon defenders just seems stupid now......
    "The holy grail is to spend less time making the picture then it takes poeple to look at it"- Banksy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Wow f2p pking is about to get a lot more interesting...that is if you can do this in f2p...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Rs will no longer be RS :S I hope the changes go for well, but I'm sure these will make the game worse :7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They will be creating new weapons for the secondary slot, so no, according to Jagex, you cannot wield a one-handed weapon currently designed for the primary slot in the secondary slot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxu View Post
    They will be creating new weapons for the secondary slot, so no, according to Jagex, you cannot wield a one-handed weapon currently designed for the primary slot in the secondary slot.
    That was already stated in the original post in big bold letters at the top....

It has all the information you need about offhand weapons.

Please at least READ the OP before posting....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

I don't want to play wow -_-
    Vid Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...otation_754263
    Every MMO has an action bar (action bars).

Honestly anyone who says the new update looks like a World of Warcraft clone, never played World of Warcraft or any other MMO. They all have similar features, but bring a different style. Star Wars the Old Republic, Guild Wars, etc...

also i don't see why people would think less of Runescape for becoming like World of Warcraft.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Every MMO has an action bar (action bars).

Honestly anyone who says the new update looks like a World of Warcraft clone, never played World of Warcraft or any other MMO. They all have similar features, but bring a different style. Star Wars the Old Republic, Guild Wars, etc...

also i don't see why people would think less of Runescape for becoming like World of Warcraft.

I agree with the first part. It's not not action bars are specially just in WOW, they are included in many other games. I think Wow Is just the obvious choice of comparison as its the number 1 mmorpg, and most well known.

But as for your comment on why people would think less, I couldn't disagree more. Although I've said in previous posts, I don't think this update is rubbish, I think it'll be quite neat, BUT having said that.. I see where other people are coming from. The reason why people dont want to see runescape become like wow is obvious isn't it? If they wanted to play a game like wow.... They'd play wow. The reason why they chose RS to play was because how it is.
    Runescape is losing its originality, it's saddening .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Graphically? dude iono thats odd... exuses you can do anything graphically... they just dont want it to be overpowered... the graphics are easy... i cannot beleive they are using that as an exuse... shame

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke L View Post
    I agree with the first part. It's not not action bars are specially just in WOW, they are included in many other games. I think Wow Is just the obvious choice of comparison as its the number 1 mmorpg, and most well known.

But as for your comment on why people would think less, I couldn't disagree more. Although I've said in previous posts, I don't think this update is rubbish, I think it'll be quite neat, BUT having said that.. I see where other people are coming from. The reason why people dont want to see runescape become like wow is obvious isn't it? If they wanted to play a game like wow.... They'd play wow. The reason why they chose RS to play was because how it is.
    Runescape is losing its originality, it's saddening .
    Doesn't feel like World of Warcraft to me at all. One major reason is due to having not to pick between classes. I'm so glad Runescape is kept classless. You can still be a ranger, warrior, mage or a hybrid of some sort. Most MMOs hardly give you that flexibility and limit you to a class per character.

If there is anything to complain about the new combat update, is how the people who mastered many of Runescape's current combat system. This would be the creation of pures, prayer flickering, etc... This was already mentioned in one of the journals written by the mods. Even then, i can imagine players being able to adapt their pures into the new combat system.

I'm not trying to change peoples mind about their response to the new combat system. But please, do not call it a World of Warcraft clone, or say its unoriginal. The combat system was due for an update (It's been 10 years!) and it is extremely difficult for an MMO to stray from unoriginality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I can't wait for this update. Hopefully will make getting that 99 alot easier. Maybe you could bot max attack, str, def, range, and mage in under a month to 99?
    -My Scripts-
    Dude'sFighters
    Dude'sBonfires
    Donations help with scripting Paypal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this update will make me play RS like i used to
    i have been playing WOW with a Glad title and Arena master
    seeing an action bar in RS will make my life easier
    best thing i love in RS which is you lose when you die
    and the hyper ofc which is the classless as other mention

RS have to keep up and develop its graphic due to the competition in games
    still im kinda sure it will keep its graphic modes as it is now so everyone is free to choice

Those action bars i wana keybind them and use them asap!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information