Thread: A brief question in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default A brief question in time.

Would it be fine if I created a script in another language and posted it under the RS scripts on this site, or is it strictly SIMBA related codes?

E: Sorry if this was asked/answered somewhere else. I'm rather tired and albeit sluggish/oafish at the current moment in time.
    Last edited by L00PH0LE; 07-14-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Well both scar and simba scripts can fit in their. But this is mainly a srl forum, if you wrote a script in another language, that will probably mean you used another bot. We do not support the use of commercial java bots or closed source codes. As long as it is open source I can guess you could post it in here but not in runescape scripts.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    Well both scar and simba scripts can fit in their. But this is mainly a srl forum, if you wrote a script in another language, that will probably mean you used another bot. We do not support the use of commercial java bots or closed source codes. As long as it is open source I can guess you could post it in here but not in runescape scripts.
    Well, anyone with Visual Studio Express http://www.microsoft.com/express/windows/ would be able to run it. I'm not too sure what you mean by "commercial java bots" though, C# is close to java but it'd be a step-relative to the language at most. I'd post the source codes, not the executable's, those can hardly be trusted these days.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L00PH0LE View Post
    Well, anyone with Visual Studio Express http://www.microsoft.com/express/windows/ would be able to run it. I'm not too sure what you mean by "commercial java bots" though, C# is close to java but it'd be a step-relative to the language at most. I'd post the source codes, not the executable's, those can hardly be trusted these days.
    C# source codes are trust able. Just post them in this part of the forum since we don't got an sub forum for that. Maybe a mod can shed more light on this ^^.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

I think it would be excellent for you to post the code. I too work with c# a bit, as well as others here, and I think it could be fun to discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright then, it's a plan. Once I get a script up and running I'll be sure to post it! But for now, I'm still in the learning process. It would be nice if villavu had a section or two dedicated to different languages, just for people to show off their knowledge and such.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L00PH0LE View Post
    Alright then, it's a plan. Once I get a script up and running I'll be sure to post it! But for now, I'm still in the learning process. It would be nice if villavu had a section or two dedicated to different languages, just for people to show off their knowledge and such.
    http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=344

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not too sure how I missed that. hahaha Observant one I am.

Thread Information