Hello and welcome to the tutorial:
How to use the SRL Forums
In this tutorial I will shortly explain how things on these forums work.
- Post tips
Before you even may post here, you need to read the rules and the new rules!!
Make sure you don't break them or you will get banned!
The second thing you need to learn is: The search button!
Every time before you post: Search away! If you are sure that your question hasn't been post before, you are safe to post!
The Search can be found at the left side of the Index.
- This is what you see before a subforum if there aren't any new posts since your last visit.
- This is what you see before a subforum if there are new posts. DoubleClick on it to mark it as unread.
- When you see this before a thread it means that you can vote on something (a poll).
- If you see this before a thread it means that there are new posts. Click it to go to the first new post.
- This is what you see in the right corner of a post. It's for the reputation of the writer. If you think his/her post is usefull, click it and give him/her some reputation *hint* .
- This button stands next to the reputation button and can be used to report a post. If you think the post contains harmfull text (porn, warez) please report the post.
- This button can be found at the bottem of a post and if you click on it, you can quote the person and reply.
- Use this button the mark all the posts you want to reply, if you are done with marking: hit a normal quote button.
- This button can be found at the bottem of a subforum and can be used to create a new thread.
- This button can be found through the whole forum and can be used to go the last post in the thread/forum.
- This is a verry important button! If you click on it, you can edit you post. This button can be found at the bottem of your post.
There are several kinds of members - you can reconize them by the color of the name:
Administrator - Moderators - SRL Developer - SRL Member - Registered Users
If you see this next to someones name, it means that the person isn't online.
This means someone is online.
You can also see the date beneath the name of the person. If the post is pretty old: don't bump it (unless it's very important).
If you want to know more about the Ranks and Cups (found beneath the name of the person - For example the cat (scripters cup) beneath my name) read this.
- Don't double post - Use the edit button!
- Make helpfull posts with lots of information
- Follow the rules
- Search, search, search!!
- Use Scar tags -
- Read over your post. If you can't read it, no-one can!
Thanks for reading,
PS. If you've more Post Tips, post them and I'll add them