PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a banned Friend

tounsi
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Hey guys

My good friend recently got banned on 07scape, and the reason was macroing goldfarmer!

Thing is, this guy was 95% legit! The only time he botted was 50 to 60 mining, and he did iron

Somehow he was banned for being a farmer, I really don't understand that
Just 1 piece of information, he lives in the UK
and his friend who lives in the US botted 50-60 mining for him.

Anyways, do you guys have any advice for him? How should he appeal? etc

I've never gotten banned before, so I really don't know

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
04-02-2013, 05:37 PM
To clarify, he gave his account to someone on another continent so they could bot for him?

That marks you off as an extremely suspicious activity. Do you even know what bot was being used? Some bots are naturally more easily detectable than others.

[XoL]
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
He could say his account was taken, but it is kinda hard to prove this

tounsi
04-02-2013, 05:52 PM
To clarify, he gave his account to someone on another continent so they could bot for him?

That marks you off as an extremely suspicious activity. Do you even know what bot was being used? Some bots are naturally more easily detectable than others.

Yea he did, he said he couldn't set it up himself. He a Wbot script was used on his account.
I still would think he would at least be banned for macroing, but not gold farmer

;1214010']He could say his account was taken, but it is kinda hard to prove this

Yea that's true, but its hard to prove.

Any idea to say that he wasn't a gold farmer?
I think his account was apart of an ip ban from the looks of it
Anyway to appeal that? Since he is after all, been using his account from a UK ip
Thanks for the comments guys :)

rj
04-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm being 100% honest here, and I don't know how far you want to go to get your account back, but people have sent reports claiming if they are not un-banned then they will kill themselves or massacre a school.

It's messed up I know but they got their accounts back.

Neznam
04-02-2013, 10:14 PM
;1214010']He could say his account was taken, but it is kinda hard to prove this

How would it be hard to prove? Tell them to do IP checks and it will show that the person who botted has a different IP than him. Would that not work?

I'm being 100% honest here, and I don't know how far you want to go to get your account back, but people have sent reports claiming if they are not un-banned then they will kill themselves or massacre a school.

It wont work. They will say "seek professional help", or something along those lines. Trust me.

P.s maybe it all depends on which mod u get, some just don't care?

rj
04-02-2013, 10:15 PM
It wont work. They will see "seek professional help", or something along those lines. Trust me.

Must have caught on

[XoL]
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
How would it be hard to prove? Tell them to do IP checks and it will show that the person who botted has a different IP than him. Would that not work?

Nope, youd think it would be easy but imagine especially if there was no "password struggle"

Neznam
04-02-2013, 10:27 PM
;1214244']Nope, youd think it would be easy but imagine especially if there was no "password struggle"

That's true I suppose. I do remember when I was hacked way back, when I recovered my account, the other person got muted for saying something I can't remember anymore and when I appealed saying to check IPs as it wasn't me who said that, the appeal was granted. Then again there was a recovery process evident so I guess it wont work without one.

[XoL]
04-02-2013, 10:39 PM
If I ever pay someone to bot for me, i always recover the account back when it is finished juuusttt incase.. It is just simple good practice.

tounsi
04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the comments guys

@RJJ95 I heard someone did that before, and the cops showed up at his door lol

He might have changed his password, since Wbot has hacking people, I'll ask him, he could be in luck

@[XoL] That's a good point you bring up, maybe whenever you bot on a different ip or something, you should do that!

senrath
04-02-2013, 11:27 PM

At least one SRL Member had the cops called on them in the past for doing this, if I remember correctly.