PDA

View Full Version : Ban Testing (First ban)

exo89
04-04-2013, 03:19 AM
K guys so I have been questioning whether jagex has actually been banning accounts or not and I finally got my answer. Now I'm not saying this is ANY way shape or form due to simba because it is simply not.... however I do have a good feeling that my ban was a result of a few things: lvl 3 combat, an incredibly obvious bot name, only worked on 1 skill (75 wc), and botted in places where bots are notorious for being found (seers yews).

On top of that, I had prior infractions on this account for botting back on runescape 2, so I feel like my account had already been flagged long before. I did suicide wbot for around 2 days, until they underwent extreme downtime and DDoS. I didn't use simba a whole lot due to the chopper script having issues so I would have to blame wbot for this one.

But just a heads up guys, they are starting to crack down.

ban logs:
04-Apr-2013 Macroing Goldfarmer (ban) Appealable View
04-Apr-2013 Macroing Goldfarmer (ban) Appealable View
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/exocutioner/ban_zps33dab1b3.png

Justin
04-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up, a few people over at TRiBot have also reported bans at Yews. I assume Jagex are hitting them hard

Ian
04-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up, a few people over at TRiBot have also reported bans at Yews. I assume Jagex are hitting them hard

Yeah, I guess yews are a highly requested area in the bot busting event thing. I really don't get why people would bot then :p

Itankbots
04-04-2013, 03:57 AM
Nothing to do with what bot your using, if any. Its the fact you were cutting yews during the bot busting event that J mods did a shit ton of manual bans during it. Like half of tribot/pb forums are people complaining of bans at flax/yews.

Neznam
04-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Wooo botting rs2 soon rs3 or whatever. Jmods keeping busy by banning 07bots. GO ME almost max.

kingsattack
04-04-2013, 06:38 AM
i would agree from 9 years of lineage private server banning knowledge that it was due to manual banning because that is what they had to do for reports, detections, and in hot spots. the auto-ban detection system would only detect suspicious activity for manual inspection or auto-ban for things like speed and stat hacks.

what i've always wondered perhaps one of you know. is if Botany Bay is only for auto-banned bots for things like hacks or of it was also part of the manual banning process and has some kind of random to get out of it while on trial and logout is blocked?

has anyone ever been or heard of someone that was watching the screen when a bot went to Botany Bay?

thank you for your time

AIex
04-04-2013, 06:48 AM
My wcer also got banned today at catherby yews, solely using simba (though botting it as much as possible). Watch out guys, I'd recommend taking a 5 day break till the bot hunts are over.

runb4udie
04-04-2013, 05:53 PM
goldfarmers will get banned as usual. botting for the skill itself wont