PDA

View Full Version : Mass stabbin in Houston

Sin
04-09-2013, 10:31 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/09/lone-star-college-stabbing/2067449/

Authorities say a student armed with sharp object ran from building to building on campus near Houston.

(Photo: Johnny Hanson, Houston Chronicle, via AP)
A Houston-area community college student ran from building to building and stabbed at least 14 people Tuesday, critically wounding two, authorities said.

Unidentified suspect in Lone Star Community College stabbings in custody Tuesday.(Photo: KHOU-TV)
The unidentified suspect was arrested after a student tackled him on the Lone Star College-CyFair campus, Harris County Deputy Thomas Gilliland said.

Although initial reports suggested there was more than on attacker, Sheriff Adrian Garcia said a review of surveillance tapes showed "one and only one suspect."

KTRK-TV posted cellphone video of the arrest.

Garcia said the first calls to emergency responders about 11:20 a.m. CT reported a "male on the loose stabbing people." The attacks occurred in the Health and Science Center and possibly other buildings.

He did not identify the type of weapon use. One student said it was similar to an Exacto knife.

The precise number of victims remained unclear. Garcia said 14 people were injured, with two refusing treatment.

Robert Rasa, of the CyFair Volunter Fire Department, put the number at 15, saying there were three people with minor injuries. He described all injuries as "consistent with lacerations."

Four of the most severely injured were taken by helicopter to Memorial Hermann Texas Trauma Institute, and two others with moderate injuries arrived there by ambulance. Two were in critical condition and four were in fair condition Tuesday afternoon, hospital spokeswoman Alex Rodriguez said.

The others were transported by ambulance or personal vehicles.

Silentcore
04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Oh boy, Idk if my cousins go to that college but I hope they are good..I also hope all victims are good.

Nebula
04-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Let's ban knifes now! Amercians should not be able to possess any knife sharper than the standard plastic knife in order to prevent things like this from happeneing in the future.
http://seemingly-unrelated-things.nvsounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Plastic-Knife1.jpg

rj
04-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Let's ban knifes now! Amercians should not be able to possess any knife sharper than the standard plastic knife in order to prevent things like this from happeneing in the future.
http://seemingly-unrelated-things.nvsounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Plastic-Knife1.jpg

I would advise not pursuing this argument I learned my lesson last time.

Op:surprised he stabbed that many people

ringgold101
04-10-2013, 03:31 AM
I saw this on the news, very sad story. :(

l6bustank
04-10-2013, 07:16 AM
I wonder why do these ppl always choose education facilities for their shooting/stabbing/arson etc. sprees? Wtf have they got against kindergardens/shools 0_o

rj
04-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I wonder why do these ppl always choose education facilities for their shooting/stabbing/arson etc. sprees? Wtf have they got against kindergardens/shools 0_o

Easy targets, these areas are usually weapon free therefor kind of a hotspot. Also what masterBB said below

Would you rather try to stab 14 people at a school or a gun club meeting? Lol

masterBB
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM

Usually students which are mental unstable. They somehow didn't fit in and got bullied. They break, they get on a rampage. Sad on both sides if you ask me.

The kindergarten slaughters have more in common with someone who wants maximum damage and shock. What would shock you more, stabbing 10 children age 6 at a kindergarten or stabbing 10 middle aged men in an office.

slushpuppy
04-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Usually students which are mental unstable. They somehow didn't fit in and got bullied. They break, they get on a rampage. Sad on both sides if you ask me.

The kindergarten slaughters have more in common with someone who wants maximum damage and shock. What would shock you more, stabbing 10 children age 6 at a kindergarten or stabbing 10 middle aged men in an office.
Or stabbing 10 politicians.. i bet people would be like "meh, lets get some replacements"