PDA

View Full Version : colemak or dvorak

grats
04-10-2013, 03:48 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

anyone a non qwerty keyboard user? I know dvorak (Kind of) I'm OK at typing on it, I'm not very used to it.

I was thinking of switching to colemak because the dvorak layout of all hotkeys is horrid... which is why I'm not very used to it - I don't use it

got one you prefer?

Runehack123
04-10-2013, 04:05 AM
I really like QWERTY but if you are a gamer you can always change your hotkeys if that is your problem

if you like Runescape then all you need is a mouse because it takes so little skill to play the game sadly

grats
04-10-2013, 07:42 AM
I really like QWERTY but if you are a gamer you can always change your hotkeys if that is your problem

if you like Runescape then all you need is a mouse because it takes so little skill to play the game sadly

doesn't really have anything to do with anything.. lol

gaming hotkeys = 1% of hotkeys

Sjoe
04-10-2013, 07:44 AM
He's full of sh*it :)

Wetish
04-10-2013, 10:51 AM
The QWERTY layout does not make much sense considering no one uses a typewriter anymore. I would consider switching but it would be a pain to switch between typing styles if someone does not have a specific keyboard.

grats
04-11-2013, 02:19 AM
The QWERTY layout does not make much sense considering no one uses a typewriter anymore. I would consider switching but it would be a pain to switch between typing styles if someone does not have a specific keyboard.

I 10000000000000000% agree with this. It's kind of sad that it is the "standard layout" when it was designed for something that pretty much doesn't exist anymore.

I'm going to learn the colemak and just carry my keyboard around with me. My board is programmable so I can switch keys etc

I want a little imac one that has the buttons in colemak style so I can put it in my pocket (cargo pants)