PDA

View Full Version : Police seize $1M worth of Marajuana

Sin
04-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Police in York Region say they have seized over $1 million worth of marijuana from a grow-op operating in Vaughan.
According to police, a homeowner that was renting the property located on Spring Arbour Road became suspicious after numerous attempts to contact the tenants proved unsuccessful.
On April 9, police say they were contacted by the homeowner.
During the subsequent execution of a search warrant, police say they discovered a fully-functioning marijuana grow-op operating inside the house.
A total of 1,439 plants with a street value of more than $1 million were seized, police say.
There is no word on any charges in connection with the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 866-876-5423 ext. 7817 or Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477).

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/police-seize-1m-worth-of-marijuana-in-vaughan-1.1235893#ixzz2QIvAlMoy

DAYUM

Neznam
04-13-2013, 02:07 AM
NO NOT MY POT!
Jk, daymn 1m, that's too bad.

A friend of a my dads friend had his grow op busted. Luckly for him, the police entered the place without a warrant when they confiscated all of the plants/equipment so he can't get charged for nothing. Sadly he lost 15k worth of equipment.

Nebula
04-13-2013, 02:19 AM
They always exaggerate the values of drugs confinscated. It's likely only worth $200,000

It's worth a million dollars after it goes through the hands of every person between the grower and end user. A pound of marijuana might cost the person buying it directly from the grower $1000. But after it is sold in smaller quantities to smaller and smaller dealers, the end user pays $10-20/gram, which is what they say value of the drug is (4-8x the initial cost).

Runehack123
04-13-2013, 02:23 AM
I bet the American police smoke so much confiscated weed every year so the real value of all the confiscated weed would be even higher! This is a really scary value to be honest - so much crime!

Wu-Tang Clan
04-13-2013, 02:48 AM
You could definitely smoke your own bodyweight in a grow op- first death from weed here we go :)

Richard
04-13-2013, 03:07 AM
Do authorities just destroy any drugs that they seize?

Rincewind
04-13-2013, 03:21 AM

They usually keep them for a couple months for evidence or just cause.

Then they burn them.

Ian
04-13-2013, 03:22 AM

They do, but first they keep it for evidence in case they need it in a trial.

E: Ninja'd

Itankbots
04-13-2013, 03:53 AM

Yeah they Have too Destroy any "illegal" material. Incinerated. Any types of drugs, illegal goods..Clothes..Anything. Unless its needed in a court case. Alot of times they have to get rid of good stuff that could be re-used, like clothes and guns and stuff.. even like counter-fit high end shoes and/or Football jerseys...anything that can be made fake for a profit . Kinda a waste if you ask me, but safety issues Obviously

(family member works in that field, thats how i know :P

But $1million isnt to bad, couple times a year you see busts of $50million+, usually near the boarder or in a drug sub or ship. Pretty crazy. But yes it is also normally valued at street dollars. Cheap street dollars, like if you were gonna get a great deal buying it. But its not bulk prices.