PDA

View Full Version : Americans!!! this retarded?

rkroxpunk
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HCkYfYa8ePI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VdljzbHELmM

Ok seriously the people on here can't get any more stupid!
This is an Australian show that likes to bag the crap out of everyone and seeing as the majority of Australian's think the majority of American's are dumbasses they decided to test it out :D
btw the country that they labelled Iran and France and North Korea/South Korea is Australia :D Just in case.
Also John Howard is our Prime Minister and that wasnt him :P

Lol "how many sides does a triangle have? There's no sides"

"What religion are Bhuddist monks? err i dunno, Islamic?" lawl

And the second one is even more funny :D

3Garrett3
05-22-2007, 12:01 AM
i didnt think the second one was that funny :p im canadian. i thought it was funny because they were retarded

Edit: the first one was funnier for me, because i know more than all of those people on my grade 9 education.

venomhead
05-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Haha lets bomb kurzakstan or whatever it was:stirthepot:

stupedspam
05-22-2007, 02:16 AM
I don't think Those game shows are all Corect... They will edit out all the questions that people got wrong and if someone came up to you with a TV camera in you face and asked you a question do you think you could answer it corectly? This is a good example of bad media, media that will only pick and chose the stupid people to show, leving out the one who answered corectly :D

Just what I think...
~Stupedspam

Dunceiam
05-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Hehe, I'm not trying to be mean. But I enjoy when people are like this...I agree with you Stuped though, cameras can be scary. Like I was in a Spelling Bee on stage, and was asked to spell, "syringe" I spelled it, "sirinj" (That was embarrassing...):D

Still..it was funny. :p

-Dunceiam

rkroxpunk
05-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't think Those game shows are all Corect... They will edit out all the questions that people got wrong and if someone came up to you with a TV camera in you face and asked you a question do you think you could answer it corectly? This is a good example of bad media, media that will only pick and chose the stupid people to show, leving out the one who answered corectly :D

Just what I think...
~Stupedspam

Err well of course they'd only pick the ones that people answered incorrectly....It doesn't matter regardless whether u have a camera in ur face or not those questions were like 1+1 = questions......Also they're not gameshow hosts :P they're hosts of a comedy show that does the funniest thing that always end up bagging people :D

omgh4x0rz
05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
:P they're hosts of a comedy show that does the funniest thing that always end up bagging people :D

Yea... exactly. They are doing this for a joke, and you are just as ignorant as the show's victims if you think this is actually what most Americans are like.

You could do the exact same thing in any country. It is despicable that people actually find this funny, and it is worse that some people believe this is a true representation of the US.

rkroxpunk
05-23-2007, 07:36 AM
:p I'm not stupid enough to think all american's are like that it's just everyone loves to say that they are because it's probably the country with the most materialistic people in it. I know hardly anyone is like that but it's still funny :D

shaunthasheep
05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
"How many sides does a triangle have?"
"uh... lemme think.. 4!?"
---------------
"John Howard is my mate"

*next clip, with same guy*

"Wha'ts your name again?"
"John Howard"
----------------
HOLY SHIT DUDE ROFL

THE FAKE MAP ON THE FIRST ONE... where they thought the country to the bottom right was france.. wow... im so sad but laughing my ass of at the same time lol..

alach11
05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Lol remember, this doesn't represent the majority of america.

~alex~
05-23-2007, 09:25 PM
That was fucking hallarious

rkroxpunk
05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Lol remember, this doesn't represent the majority of america.

I'm not stupid enough to think all american's are like that it's just everyone loves to say that they are because it's probably the country with the most materialistic people in it. I know hardly anyone is like that but it's still funny

Yes I know the majority of Americans aren't like this! Actually I know hardly any are.......I'm not an ignorant lil 12 year old who believes everything he see's.......

evilwalrus
05-28-2007, 01:28 PM
thats messed up

rkroxpunk
05-29-2007, 12:48 PM
lol walrus ur sig is so so true :D

sheetomg
07-09-2007, 02:53 AM
lol abc tv sucks

crossback7
07-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Gotta love stupid people. . .

ThePrince
07-09-2007, 04:10 AM
I think those people are generally just retarded didn't even know what the UK was or there currency?? wtf?!

Just Kidding
07-09-2007, 06:41 AM
List of key american inventions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_inventions
Lets see. Ill put a few notable important ones here.

1843 Mechanical Refrigerator American John Gorrie produced the first mechanical refrigeration unit in 1842

1837 Power Tools Thomas Davenport of Brandon, Vermont, is one of the first to find a practical application for the electric motor. He uses a motor he built to power shop machinery and also builds the first electric model railroad car.

1846 Cylinder Printing Press Richard M. Hoe creates a revolution in printing by rolling a cylinder over stationary plates of inked type and using the cylinder to make an impression on paper. This eliminated the need for making impressions directly from the type plates themselves, which were heavy and difficult to maneuver.

1859 Oil Well Drilling at Titusville, Pennsylvania, "Colonel" Edwin Drake strikes oil at a depth of 69.5 feet. Prior to that, oil, which had been used mostly as a lubricant and lamp fuel, had been obtained only at places where it seeped from the ground. Western Pennsylvania witnesses the world's first oil boom.

1860 Repeating Rifle B. Tyler Henry, chief designer for Oliver Fisher Winchester's arms company, adapts a breech-loading rifle invented by Walter B. Hunt and creates a new lever action repeating rifle. First known as the Henry, the rifle will soon be famous as simply the Winchester.

1876 Telephone Alexander Graham Bell and Elisha Gray, amongst others, have all been credited with the invention. The very early history of the telephone is a confusing morass of claim and counterclaim, which was not clarified by the huge mass of lawsuits which hoped to resolve the patent claims of individuals. The Thomas Edison patents, however were forensically victorious and commercially decisive

1879 Light Bulb Thomas Edison's created the first practical incandescent lamp in 1879.

1891 Motion Picture Camera In 1891 Thomas Alva Edison and William K.L. Dickson invented the world's first motion picture camera.

1902 Air Conditioner Willis Carrier manufactured the world's first mechanical air conditioning unit in 1902.

1903 Powered Aeroplane The Wright brothers are generally credited with building the world's first successful human flight in a powered aeroplane and making the first controlled, powered and heavier-than-air human flight on December 17, 1903.

1906 Assembly Line Henry Ford perfected the assembly line concept by 1906, and Ford was the first to build entire factories around the concept, which was also referred to as the armory system. The increased efficiency allowed Ford to cut prices in half, and in half again, selling the car for $850 in 1909, and $290 by 1924.

1983 Internet The first TCP/IP-wide area network was operational by January 1, 1983, when the United States' National Science Foundation (NSF) constructed a university network backbone that would later become the NSFNet.

DO I need to put more Im really just wasting my time now?

List of australia key inventions. http://www.questacon.edu.au/html/100_years_of_innovations.html

1928: Speedo Swimwear
This swimwear originated in Sydney when the MacRae Knitting Mills manufactured the company's first swimsuit, the razorback, made from silk and joined in the middle of the back. Speedo introduced the world's first nylon swimsuit in 1957.

1947: Cloud Seeding
Scientists at CSIRO conducted the first successful cloud seeding experiments, making rain fall near Bathurst, NSW.

1952: Victa Lawnmower
The Victa version of the petrol lawnmower with rotary blades was developed by Mervyn Victor Richardson, and became an Aussie icon.

1956: Redback Spider Antivenom
An antivenom for the bite of the redback spider developed by Dr Saul Weiner was released for use.

1964: Latex Gloves
The Ansell company had made household gloves since 1925. In 1964 they introduced the disposable latex gloves for use in surgery.

1965: Wine Cask
Thomas Angove introduced the wine cask.

1973: Pop Top Can
Sir Ian McLennan of BHP came up with the idea of press-buttons where the button is hinged to the can and does not cause a litter problem.

1974: Super Sopper
Sydney inventor Gordon Withnall invented this device which soaks up water from wet sportsgrounds.

1983: Footrot Vaccine
CSIRO produced a vaccine against footrot using genetic engineering techniques

1998: Hybrid Toilet
A lightweight, fully-enclosed toilet system which requires no water and minimal maintenance was released for sale.

So pratically before australia had invented speedo swimwear the United States had invented everything that makes the world what it is today.

Hmm not hard to make one group of people look less inteligent than the other is it. I don't know what I would do withouth my australian inventions of the speedo, footrot vaccine, and cloud seeding. Im much rather have all those than electricity, power tools, telephones, modern printing presses and the internet. Not to mention the most powerfull democracy in the world that practically diminshed dictatorship, communism and oppresion worldwide.

Its not that hard to stick a camera in someones face and get them choked up on simple questions. Liken it to being put in front of class and solving a math problem or giving a speech in front of a class. Changes things quite a bit. Your talking about a heavily edited piece of film that only shows people answering wrong. Why does it not show anyone getting the question right? Because then it would not be funny or interesting then would it. The media is all about getting you interested in watching so it can charge more for ads. It could care less the image it sets forth.

Santa_Clause
07-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Yes I know the majority of Americans aren't like this! Actually I know hardly any are.......I'm not an ignorant lil 12 year old who believes everything he see's.......

Was that supposed to be offensive to me? I'm 12 years old...

crossback7
07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
I doubt he meant it for anyone to take it personally.

jhildy
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Dang just kidding told it like it is. whats up.

Edfrommars
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
And then everyone tries to prove that the videos are stupid and wrong...

Guys, we Americans are stupid. Just look at our president :cartman: That should be proof enough right there.

crossback7
07-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't know a single person who is as ignorant and moronic as the people in that video.

JohnnyR
07-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Game shows know were to find the brightest of us all eeh?

ZephyrsFury
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM
So pratically before australia had invented speedo swimwear the United States had invented everything that makes the world what it is today.

Hmm not hard to make one group of people look less inteligent than the other is it. I don't know what I would do withouth my australian inventions of the speedo, footrot vaccine, and cloud seeding. Im much rather have all those than electricity, power tools, telephones, modern printing presses and the internet. Not to mention the most powerfull democracy in the world that practically diminshed dictatorship, communism and oppresion worldwide.

Its not that hard to stick a camera in someones face and get them choked up on simple questions. Liken it to being put in front of class and solving a math problem or giving a speech in front of a class. Changes things quite a bit. Your talking about a heavily edited piece of film that only shows people answering wrong. Why does it not show anyone getting the question right? Because then it would not be funny or interesting then would it. The media is all about getting you interested in watching so it can charge more for ads. It could care less the image it sets forth.

Lol, I think you missed out the a couple....

1850's: Refrigeration
1902: The notepad
1926: Electronic heart pacemaker
Before 1945: Medical use of penicillin
1953: The flight data recorder
1963: Insect repellant
1978: Bionic ear (hearing aid)
2002: Spray-on-skin to help burns victims

Theres also others that I don't know the year of such as the child safety seat, the polymer bank notes, the electric drill and who can forgot Vegemite (even though I don't really like it).

And also, when you say they 'choked' on simple questions... how can you NOT know where the Berlin Wall was? How can you NOT know what religion a Buddhist is? How can you NOT know what the United Kingdom is and think that the US dollar is used in the UK? How can you NOT how many sides a triangle has?

rkroxpunk
07-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Zephy summed it up for me tyvm :D also you forgot that we aussies invented the cork hat!!!!!! no ones more genious than us.
also Santa lil 12 year olds is just what everyone says when they're trying to make the point across about being immature. I dont think the majority of 12 year olds are actually too immature but for some reason they were unluckily picked as the immature age. also you don't count as 12. you're a 15 year old trapped inside a 12 year olds body. kinda like the whole transexual thing

sherlockmeister
07-15-2007, 07:07 PM
i'm sure the results would have been the same if this thing had been filmed in austrailia and edited the same. the only reason u.s.a has more stupid people than most countries is because there is more people overall. oh, and most people think that americans are stupid because george bush is. did you know that he is the first mentally retarded president of the united states? no, really...

Ownt?
07-19-2007, 08:23 AM
lmao at the ladies that had seen "John Howard" on tv :P

bullzeye95
07-19-2007, 10:30 AM
1983 Internet The first TCP/IP-wide area network was operational by January 1, 1983, when the United States' National Science Foundation (NSF) constructed a university network backbone that would later become the NSFNet.

Gotta love Al Gore for making our internets...

:p

ZephyrsFury
07-19-2007, 12:27 PM

Guys, we Americans are stupid. Just look at our president :cartman: That should be proof enough right there.

Lol... You're insulting yourself??? :rolleyes:

bullzeye95
07-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I think he's another that hates bush because it's popular to hate him.

aspolokmon
07-25-2007, 10:54 PM
i saw that episode on Tv. the chasers is a great show that makes fun of anything and everything, but i guess some Americans are VERY gullable

Bourdou!
08-02-2007, 02:23 AM
List of key american inventions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_inventions
Lets see. Ill put a few notable important ones here.

1843 Mechanical Refrigerator American John Gorrie produced the first mechanical refrigeration unit in 1842

1837 Power Tools Thomas Davenport of Brandon, Vermont, is one of the first to find a practical application for the electric motor. He uses a motor he built to power shop machinery and also builds the first electric model railroad car.

1846 Cylinder Printing Press Richard M. Hoe creates a revolution in printing by rolling a cylinder over stationary plates of inked type and using the cylinder to make an impression on paper. This eliminated the need for making impressions directly from the type plates themselves, which were heavy and difficult to maneuver.

1859 Oil Well Drilling at Titusville, Pennsylvania, "Colonel" Edwin Drake strikes oil at a depth of 69.5 feet. Prior to that, oil, which had been used mostly as a lubricant and lamp fuel, had been obtained only at places where it seeped from the ground. Western Pennsylvania witnesses the world's first oil boom.

1860 Repeating Rifle B. Tyler Henry, chief designer for Oliver Fisher Winchester's arms company, adapts a breech-loading rifle invented by Walter B. Hunt and creates a new lever action repeating rifle. First known as the Henry, the rifle will soon be famous as simply the Winchester.

1876 Telephone Alexander Graham Bell and Elisha Gray, amongst others, have all been credited with the invention. The very early history of the telephone is a confusing morass of claim and counterclaim, which was not clarified by the huge mass of lawsuits which hoped to resolve the patent claims of individuals. The Thomas Edison patents, however were forensically victorious and commercially decisive

1879 Light Bulb Thomas Edison's created the first practical incandescent lamp in 1879.

1891 Motion Picture Camera In 1891 Thomas Alva Edison and William K.L. Dickson invented the world's first motion picture camera.

1902 Air Conditioner Willis Carrier manufactured the world's first mechanical air conditioning unit in 1902.

1903 Powered Aeroplane The Wright brothers are generally credited with building the world's first successful human flight in a powered aeroplane and making the first controlled, powered and heavier-than-air human flight on December 17, 1903.

1906 Assembly Line Henry Ford perfected the assembly line concept by 1906, and Ford was the first to build entire factories around the concept, which was also referred to as the armory system. The increased efficiency allowed Ford to cut prices in half, and in half again, selling the car for $850 in 1909, and $290 by 1924.

DO I need to put more Im really just wasting my time now?

List of australia key inventions. http://www.questacon.edu.au/html/100_years_of_innovations.html

1928: Speedo Swimwear
This swimwear originated in Sydney when the MacRae Knitting Mills manufactured the company's first swimsuit, the razorback, made from silk and joined in the middle of the back. Speedo introduced the world's first nylon swimsuit in 1957.

1947: Cloud Seeding
Scientists at CSIRO conducted the first successful cloud seeding experiments, making rain fall near Bathurst, NSW.

1952: Victa Lawnmower
The Victa version of the petrol lawnmower with rotary blades was developed by Mervyn Victor Richardson, and became an Aussie icon.

1956: Redback Spider Antivenom
An antivenom for the bite of the redback spider developed by Dr Saul Weiner was released for use.

1964: Latex Gloves
The Ansell company had made household gloves since 1925. In 1964 they introduced the disposable latex gloves for use in surgery.

1965: Wine Cask
Thomas Angove introduced the wine cask.

1973: Pop Top Can
Sir Ian McLennan of BHP came up with the idea of press-buttons where the button is hinged to the can and does not cause a litter problem.

1974: Super Sopper
Sydney inventor Gordon Withnall invented this device which soaks up water from wet sportsgrounds.

1983: Footrot Vaccine
CSIRO produced a vaccine against footrot using genetic engineering techniques

1998: Hybrid Toilet
A lightweight, fully-enclosed toilet system which requires no water and minimal maintenance was released for sale.

Thank you. This is unfair, biased, and stereotypical.

Your wrong. George Bush may not make decisions that please you, but that doesn't make him an idiot. And to people who think he is stupid for grammatical errors, he has admitted himself that he isn't the best public speaker. If someone is truly stupid, your not going to be president of the US. I am not saying I support him, but jeez, stop nitpicking.