PDA

View Full Version : *important please read!!!!!!!!!!*

heyaiam
04-18-2013, 08:01 AM
rightio I go on simba forums and I get a PM.
Please download your update at:

*LINK* (NOT LINKING AS PER REQUEST AND SO NO ONE CAN CLICK ON IT)

From this guy.

http://villavu.com/forum/member.php?u=129857

And I should have known better as there is no way something other than the client would know there is an update so without thinking I downloaded.
I extracted and double clicked it.
And malware bytes blocked it as it was a trojan.
SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL GUYS PLEASE RAISE AWARENESS!!!!!!!!

Chris
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Go to the message and below it you can

http://i.imgur.com/9sPpKQ1.png

To report it :)

Runehack123
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
just send it to other members and friends so more people are aware

good job on posting straight away!

Rich
04-18-2013, 12:27 PM
This is the second time in a short while. Maybe there could be an announcement warning users, as people who have only just joined us may easily be misled by the PMs.

godsword123
04-18-2013, 04:03 PM
i downloaded it and i looked at this thread before logging in,, then i scanned my computer.. then bam 4 trojans! :P

Kevin
04-18-2013, 04:11 PM
As a note to everyone:
Look at who sends you links, and try not to click links without checking them out first.
Even links posted on threads may not be safe! Look at the trustworthiness of the poster: is he at post 5, or at post 300?

If you ever doubt anything, ask a member/mod/admin to verify it for you!

If you ever see a "script" that is an executable or requires additional installs (except for ObjectDTM) - then doubt it until it has been verified! There is no reason you can't be safe instead of sorry! :)

The Claw
04-19-2013, 03:12 AM
Simba / SRL will never be distributed by a PM to users. It always comes through official announcements or the software itself.

samerdl
04-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Got a pm From SRL_simba or something with the same bs, surprisingly if you clicked the link it automatically would download and insert a keylogger

nice website.... No confirmation or messages. Deleted it right away and reported it on irc