PDA

View Full Version : Kalphite King Guide

[XoL]
04-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Sorry for the week break on guides guys, have been rather under the weather! This guide is from RSC, I simply re-worded a few things (Please actually check out the real guide linked at the bottom of thread).
---

Kalphite King Guide
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130225203936/runescape/images/thumb/9/90/Kalphite_King_Head_Detail.png/120px-Kalphite_King_Head_Detail.png

Introduction
This is a VERY strong monster, please be careful. Chances are you will die if you are careless, also this guide is meant for high leveled players as this is pretty difficult without one and most teams only accept maxed players anyway.

The jobs of team
Usually, teams consist of 4-5 people.
Teams have come up with several roles:

Attacker
DPS Tank
Provoker

Attacker
Well, you attack! Your job is SIMPLE stay alive and attack, one of the most preferable jobs!

The gear, inventory and action bar you want to be using (with a unicorn summoned):
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/489/130206164638.png

Gear downgrade list:

Main Hand: Drygore Rapier > Longsword > Mace > Chaotic Rapier
Off-Hand: Drygore Off-hand Rapier > Longsword > Mace > Off-hand Chaotic Rapier
Helm: Void Melee helm/Torva full helm > Bandos Helm
Body: Void (Elite) top/Torva Platebody > Bandos Chestplate
Legs: Void (Elite) Bottom/Torva Platelegs > Bandos Tassets
Boots: Torva Boots > Glacor Boots > Ganodermic Boots
Gloves: Void Gloves/Torva Gloves > RFD Gloves (the best you can get)
Cape: Completionist Cape > Max Cape > Skill Cape (t)/Tokhaar-Kal
Amulet: Saradomin's whisper > Amulet of Fury (Amulet of Glory
Ring: Warrior ring (i) > Onyx Ring (i) > Berserker Ring (i) > Berserker Ring/Warrior Ring
Aura: Penance > Your best Revenance > Vampyrism

Melee phase (Prayers: Turmoil + Soul Split)
This phase is pretty straightfoward. Don't stand on the same side of the tank to prevent damage. Focus on doing abilities to maximize damage; any damage that you receive will be healed by Soul Split anyway. Move if the KK charges for a running attack. If you have too much bleeding damage on you, you can use freedom to get rid of it. Avoid unnecessary moving; slaughter damage will triple and will add up.

Range phase (Prayers: Turmoil + Protect from Range)
Not that hard either, but you'll take more damage this phase. The KK is weak so stab during this phase, so you can dish out some serious damage. Binding Shot is annoying as crap, so use freedom if you can't get to the KK. Fragmentation shot can deal some damage if you move, so try to avoid that. Other than that, it's a pretty easy phase if you keep your freedom available as much as possible and keep your HP reasonably high (3k+).

Mage phase (Prayers: Turmoil + Protect from Magic)
By far the most annoying and most dangerous phase. AVOID THE YELLOW BALLS AT ALL COST. Keep your freedom available so you can use it when you get stunned near a bunch of balls. Be smart with your walking; if you're attacking the Kalphite King and it spawns balls around you, run away and keep your distance. Wait for it to fire balls again, then move back to attack. This way, you can deal some damage while the other balls explode, making the phase and overall kills faster. Blue balls are annoying but unavoidable. They'll deal some damage (around 2k usually) and stun you, so be aware of that. Escape is very useful on this phase, because it will instantly get your out of the balls' reach. Make sure you aren't standing next to a wall though.

DPS Tank
Pretty much the same as above, but you take the melee hits as well. Not really recommended but if this is the only job left, go for it.

The gear, inventory and action bar you want to be using (with a unicorn summoned):

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/223/130206164909.png

Gear downgrade list:

Off-Hand: Drygore Off-hand Rapier > Longsword > Mace > Off-hand Chaotic Rapier
Helm: Torva full helm > Bandos Helm
Body: Torva Platebody > Bandos Chestplate
Legs: Torva Platelegs > Bandos Tassets
Gloves: Torva Gloves > Barrows Gloves
Cape: Completionist Cape > Max Cape > Skill Cape (t)
Ring: Warrior ring (i) > Onyx Ring (i) > Berserker Ring (i) > Berserker Ring/Warrior Ring

Melee phase (Prayers: Turmoil + Protect from Melee)
Slightly difference from the attacker role. You'll be the one taking the hits for the team, so the rest can focus on their roles. Focus on doing damage, while keeping an eye on your own health. When the fight starts, use Provoke so the KK targets you. Avoid unnecessary movement to minimaze the damage taken. If you get greened (when the KK charges its 1-hit attack), use the time to heal up with Healing Aura scrolls. You can't do anything elseanyway (the provoker will save you, more on that later), so you might aswell use your time. Immediately use Provoke after it has done its 1-hit attack! It can do this two times in a row and you don't want your provoker to die. If the KK spawns too many minions, move it to one of the edges of the dungeon, so everyone can see what attacks it is using.

Same as for attacker, but with the added advantage of having good armour. Straightfoward phase; deal as much damage as possible.

Not different from attacker either. Use the same tricks and pattern of attacks to maximize damage. Avoid the yellow balls and make sure you don't die.

Provoker
This role is different from the others and requires some timing skills (and a lagg-free connection). You only have one job; tanking the 1-hit attacks with your abilities. This requires some knowledge of the KK's attacks, but it's probably the role that satiesfies most, if done well. You'll be the key member on the team; without you, everyone will die one by one. This role is arguably the hardest to do with the highest chance of death. It is not recommened to start with this role. Get familiar with the Kalphite King first before attempting this.

Your gear, inventory and action bar (with a unicorn summoned):

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4325/130206165054.png

Gear downgrade list:

Off-Hand: Chaotic Kiteshield > Divine Spirit Shield > Bandos Warshield
Helm: Void Melee Helm/Torva full helm > Bandos Helm
Body: Void (Elite) Top/Torva Platebody > Bandos Chestplate
Legs: Void (Elite) Bottom/Torva Platelegs > Bandos Tassets
Gloves: Void Gloves/Torva Gloves > RFD Gloves (the best you can get)
Cape: Completionist Cape > Max Cape > Skill Cape (t)

Melee phase (Prayers: Turmoil + Soul Split)
Same as the other two roles. Use your basic abilities to get to 100% adrenaline as fast as possible. This is useful for the provoking, which will be explained after the Range phase. Same tricks apply here. If the KK is on you, tell your team mates to provoke it so you can do your work.

Same as for attacker and DPS tank, but now you even have a shield to help you more. If you've read the rest of the guide, you should know what to do by now on this phase ^^

Tanking the 1-hits
During the Melee and Range phase, the KK will occasionally do its 1-hit attack. It will start to glow and fire a green ball at a player (the tank if he's doing his job well). To keep everyone alive, you have to do the following:

Use Provoke immediately. This will cause the KK to attack you instead of the tank.
If there are no minions; use Resonance right after you used provoke. Timing is not important here, as nothing can break your Resonance. Wait till it hits you and get some health back. The tank should then provoke the KK back on them to go on with the kill
If there are minions attacking you; use Barricade (or Immortality) after you used provoke. Barricade is better, since it will prevent all damage, but Immortality can be used if Barricade is on cooldown. This is why you want to keep your adrenaline at 100%, so you can use a defence ultimate to stay alive. If you don't have 100% adrenaline, things get more tricky. Completely focus on the KK (don't use any other abilities that might distract you) and keep your Resonance ready. When it moves backwards to strike, use Resonance immediately and pray that a minion won't break it split second before the attack lands.

You'll get more skilled with timing after a while, so it might be worth it to use resonance more often during the fight. However, you are most likely to mess up a kill if you fail the timing, so be careful with it.

Similar story, but with a nice advantage of having a shield. The KK won't use its 1-hit ability on this phase, which means you can use your resonance to absorb the blue balls. You'll need to have a distance between you and the KK, as you'll be stunned when it fires it. Just spam click your resonance and with some luck, you'll be able to have it up before it hits you, giving you a nice 2k hp health boost.
===

SOURCE:
http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1571285-kalphite-king-gear-setup-fight-high-level/
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Kalphite_King

Like always if you are the original owner of said material please ask, and this will be taken down.

King
04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Even if it is not completely yours, I like it(: Thanks for taking my suggestion!

StickToTheScript
04-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Man... I am always scared to fight high level monsters. I always think i will lose. I remember i got my cousin to do desert treasure for me. XP

I always have my heart pounding because i am scared that i will die...

How do you people do this?!

[XoL]
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Man... I am always scared to fight high level monsters. I always think i will lose. I remember i got my cousin to do desert treasure for me. XP

Honestly, do it a couple times you will get over the fear of dieing as it really does get minimized once you know what you are doing.

Also because killing this specific monster can net you 100-300m profits.

t4q
04-23-2013, 08:27 PM

That exactly what I feel :D
Very nice guide too

StickToTheScript
04-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Yes.. will agree that it is a good guide tho!

Neznam
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I would looove to try fighting KK, too bad I can afford the gear to try.
I need to get 99 construction, and that's going to eat up half my bank :[. Oh well must max.

Great guide, for one day when I do attempt.

Btw. is it possible to solo KK? I've heard no, but you never know.

Sin
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I need to get 99 construction, and that's going to eat up half my bank :[. Oh well must max.

I remember when Woox spazzed at me saying he soloed KK, the whole Teamspeak I was in exploded when I told them lol.
A few months later, another one of my friends named Koen O_o soloed KK (after the patch), so it's only been soloed twice.

Neznam
04-23-2013, 11:40 PM
I remember when Woox spazzed at me saying he soloed KK, the whole Teamspeak I was in exploded when I told them lol.
A few months later, another one of my friends named Koen O_o soloed KK (after the patch), so it's only been soloed twice.

Is there a youtube vid of any of them? I thought it was impossible seeing as they can 1hit k0 if the other person doesn't do provoke? or whatever.

Sawyer
04-24-2013, 03:13 AM
I have all combat stats at 99, except for summoning, prayer, and herblore. I'm not sure if I'd make it :\

King
04-24-2013, 03:15 AM
I dont think it is possible to solo anymore, before it was due to a glitch as Sin said, I think it has been made impossible now. Now a duo should be fine :D

[XoL]
04-24-2013, 06:09 PM
I figure it could be soloed but you will need some tetsu and be very very skilled at knowing when a 1 hitter is coming.

Kazimx
04-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Nice guide some things you might wish to add if you have Kalphites as your task you can take advantage of the FSH %12.6 damage boost coupled with Torva for a ~%20 increase in dps.
Don't Stand on/near the tank as this can make it harder for provokers.
Do use dreadnips if you have them they help.
Take Super Weapon Poison ++ they do around 192 poison damage and last 7 minutes whole minutes.
Take Adrenalin potions and try to keep it high in between kills so you can activate berserker early on and get them 5ks in.
Cramulet can also be used to get to KK and is around 25 seconds faster don't forget to fill bank with camel shit.
If you have Champions Tackle Box use that with bunyips for food as raw food doesn't drain adrenalin but champions tackle box takes 2 months to get :s.
If you are going to use a scrimshaw I'd just go with scrimshaw of Vampyrism.

This is just my preference but for damage abilities that I use: Slice, Havoc, Assault, Destroy, Berserker.
Than: Dreadnips, Anticipate, Freedom,
Defense: CKS (in action bar), Provoke, Resonance, Immortality.
Also I use fury in place of whisper as I don't find the %0.2 crit bonus over furys +1 prayer bonus appealing but that's just me because prayer bonus has already been nerfed pretty hard.

One thing I must admit I hate DPS-Provoking in Void it usually doesn't end well because of the bad defense so I usually just do it in Torva but requires a lot of skill and a bit of luck to master it but is really great.

As far as solo is concerned it can be done but requires a lot of luck. I know someone who has done it in just under 1:15 solo but didn't record at the time >.<, no pic no proof right.

Finally: boots, gloves, headgear is multi class so if you can't afford torva boots/gloves you could use Static gloves/Glavien boots which are the cheapest level 85 tier items and it will work the exact same as the melee variants as far as pneumatic gloves tests of shown their damage boosting ability is like non existent or negligible AND if you're feeling really cheap go for Ganodermic gloves/boots.

Hope this helped.

goon mike
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Great guide thanks alot

Austin
04-27-2013, 04:19 PM

You don't need to pay for PoP gear/void. Bandos is cheap as well. And chaotics suffice if you do it with 3-4 other people.

Neznam
04-27-2013, 08:13 PM
You don't need to pay for PoP gear/void. Bandos is cheap as well. And chaotics suffice if you do it with 3-4 other people.

I don't have chaotics :[. Bandos is cheap, yes, but is it effective?