PDA

View Full Version : dark_sniper ( the other side of me ) + (sad story)

Dark_Sniper
05-08-2006, 04:48 AM
ok lets show the side of me that most of you know first

im 14
I live in indiana , USA

NOW THIS IS A SIDE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE NEVER HEARD ME TALK ABOUT BEFORE!

well thats what most of you know well here ill let you guys in on some stuff about me

i have a skin disease... not a skin cancer just a skin disease.

it all started when i was five we dont know how but they say its because of one of two things, being crop dusted and or drinking some very bad quility water(in other words posiones(SP?)) but after that they started making me take like 50 pills every 12 hours other words 100 pills a day. i did that for a year i became very ill. i about died because they had me on to many diffrent medications. luckyly i stoped taking it just in time.

but i have a skin disease,

it is called

Alopecia... and from what i remeber there are several diffrent kinds.. heres a little bit about it.

Alopecia areata (al-oh-PEE-shah air-ee-AH-tah) is a highly unpredictable, autoimmune skin disease resulting in the loss of hair on the scalp and elsewhere on the body. This common but very challenging and capricious disease affects approximately 1.7 percent of the population overall, including more than 5 million people in the United States alone. Due to the fact that much of the public is still not familiar with alopecia areata, the disease can have a profound impact on one's life and functional status, both at work and at school.

In alopecia areata, the affected hair follicles are mistakenly attacked by a person's own immune system (white blood cells), resulting in the arrest of the hair growth stage. Alopecia areata usually starts with one or more small, round, smooth bald patches on the scalp and can progress to total scalp hair loss (alopecia totalis) or complete body hair loss (alopecia universalis).

Alopecia areata occurs in males and females of all ages and races; however, onset most often begins in childhood and can be psychologically devastating. Although not life-threatening, alopecia areata is most certainly life-altering, and its sudden onset, recurrent episodes, and unpredictable course have a profound psychological impact on the lives of those disrupted by this disease.

but whats weird about mine is i can actully grow hair in some certain places... top of head ... but not on the back of my head or my arms legs its really a pain in the ass to be 14 and already be bald...

and to all the other people who say life sucks... thats just your breath coming back and hitting you in the face... talk to me about life sucking balls.

i may update this post later...

phantombmx
05-08-2006, 05:18 AM
aww darky..

life sucks (JK!!!)

nah its sorry to hear you have that and i hope male pattern baldness doesnt ALSO kick in.. :p if i were you tho, i'd just shave my head.. :rolleyes: i hope there will be a cure for it one day!

no harm meant if you take it that way ;)

Pwnd
05-08-2006, 10:34 AM
I'd just shave my head as well, but that can also be a pain :P

Is is still life threatening? Or, you just can't grow hair?

Dark_Sniper
05-09-2006, 12:56 AM
yes it does suck but you get over it after 9 -10 years...

it still can be life threating because i can over heat my body by running to long playing as hard as i can for long periods of time just because i cant sweat... which helps to cool down your body... even though i foun d a way around it and soak myself with water or somthing cold...

Keen
05-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your illness.

I hope one day a cure will be found to get rid of it.
If not that really dose suck. :(

But look on the bright side you still alive, and you a great scripted/programmer. :)

Btw, Can your illness go away, or are you stuck with it?

Dark_Sniper
05-09-2006, 02:40 AM
i dont know right now its seems to be going away but 9-11 months ago it looked like it was getting bigger... but i think i figured out why.... 9-11 months ago i was never active.. now i run like a mile a day weight lift and have fun with some friends :p. and everything seems to be getting better... i got lots of plansme going bald isnt the worst thing that could have happend to me... but i have less hair on my body than my great grandpa does... and thats sucks a lot :p

Sdcit
05-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Sorry to hear bout your skin disease :(. I also have one, but it isnt as nearly as suvere.

Rofl, now i imagine you as my friend, Purveen :p. He's bald

Dark_Sniper
05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
lol im not all the way bald thats whats diffrent my hair still grows on the left right sides and top of my head just not the back...

WhiteShadow
05-09-2006, 11:53 PM
That sucks Darky. :(

I know someone I think with a disease similar to this, and she's a girl! She has been wearing a bandanna for a year now. Most people can't really tell she's like half bald with small patches everywhere. I bet she would really know how it feels eh, darky? Well I hope it gets better. That's all I can say. =( =/

Dark_Sniper
05-10-2006, 12:55 AM
well i think girls have it off worse cause they are all about there hair lol... but me ... my parents dont care what i do to my hair... mohawk anything i feel like... im growing the top part out (which is the only part that will grow)...

driger1592
05-10-2006, 01:32 AM
You should grow it so long that it actually looks like you have a thin layer of hair on the back of your head ;) Maybe Pwnd could donate hair! He's got a bunch, and since I'm jealous, well... *snip snip*

Dark_Sniper
05-10-2006, 02:44 AM
lol no no donations :p and ya thats what my friends told me to do grow it all oput during the summer... thats what they are doing to so lol i aint alone :p

Ezhang
05-16-2006, 11:42 PM
thers a girl on my swim team like that.. she has severe hair problems and she wears hats....

scaper
05-31-2006, 01:24 AM
That something i never knew. i feel bad for you. wow i never knew of skin dieases.

Cheesehunk
05-31-2006, 01:53 AM
That's to bad man..

I also know a couple people with skin diseases, you can still live a perfectly fine life though, which is good.

The Un-Named
06-08-2006, 12:55 AM
well i think girls have it off worse cause they are all about there hair lol... but me ... my parents dont care what i do to my hair... mohawk anything i feel like... im growing the top part out (which is the only part that will grow)...

I got a mohawk. ;)

Sorry to hear about your disease though.