PDA

View Full Version : No more 07 scripts :/

matty521521
04-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Is it just me or are there like no new scripts coming out. I remember first 2 weeks so many scripts coming in and now nothing. Worst part is I can only flawlessly run 2 scripts because the others are either not updated anymore or I am having problems with the AIO Choppers and Other scripts.

I know I shouldn't be complaining because I don't put any work into creating scripts even though I have tried once (failed sooo hard)

Just a thread from a friend :D

-Matt

Fitted Range
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
just keep practicing and try and learn how to script that is the only answer to your problem. I myself don't know how to script but im trying to learn so I don't have to rely on others. or simply play legit

Ian
04-28-2013, 08:08 PM
I suspect that once the race to have the high stats is over that people will begin releasing their private scripts. I'm estimating that in about a month many more SRL Members will have scripts out. :)

Hoodz
04-28-2013, 08:54 PM
or people dont have time :)

maikel233
04-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I've got plenty of time to make some scripts, but my scripts aren't the best but they definitely Run.

But there are sooo many leachers, they only complain about SRL-OSR is not working etc...

wthomas
04-28-2013, 09:08 PM
I havnt released any scripts recently due to lack of time. I have about 4 that I potentially could release (varrock smither, ak smelter, keldagarim gold miner and guild miner) However the scripts are not in a state to be released atm ie they arnt flawless and a few sections are unnecessary. In a few weeks I should have a bit more time and can get to updating and releasing them :)

EngageTheRage
04-28-2013, 09:34 PM
I suspect that once the race to have the high stats is over that people will begin releasing their private scripts. I'm estimating that in about a month many more SRL Members will have scripts out. :)

im afraid this is probably a major factor! i know that i intend to release a Fighter script with 3 or 4 good locations and a mixture of combat xp and cash in a month or so once i have finished with it (although i may remove for looter for public release im afraid).

Haxz
04-28-2013, 10:48 PM
I think people just don't feel the worth of releasing their scripts. Script users(Leechers) mostly only seek for the outcome of the script, instead of appreciating the hardwork of the scripter. After scripter released their scripts, leechers came in and rage about srl.simba not found error, smart not loading, smartparams error, script sucks cz y u no solve randoms, u no srl mems u script sucks, etc etc etc.

So why bother to learn scripting when I can just wait for people to release scripts and use it? Why you scripters no release or update your scripts!

And why release scripts when people are not appreciating my hard work? Why make my peaceful botting place become flooded with bots? Why share my profit and make it lower?

But, well, however, that's just my opinion on why scripts are kept private.

Sk1nyNerd
04-29-2013, 01:51 AM
I think people just don't feel the worth of releasing their scripts. Script users(Leechers) mostly only seek for the outcome of the script, instead of appreciating the hardwork of the scripter. After scripter released their scripts, leechers came in and rage about srl.simba not found error, smart not loading, smartparams error, script sucks cz y u no solve randoms, u no srl mems u script sucks, etc etc etc.

So why bother to learn scripting when I can just wait for people to release scripts and use it? Why you scripters no release or update your scripts!

And why release scripts when people are not appreciating my hard work? Why make my peaceful botting place become flooded with bots? Why share my profit and make it lower?

amen brotha

Flight
04-29-2013, 02:05 AM
Once we have an accurate and solid walking system along with reliable anti-randoms we'll see a lot more OSR scripts being put out.

acow
04-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Imo, it's best to either buy one a private script now to goldfarm, or wait till goldfarming isn't so profitable and the simba client is fully updated for 07 to train up your account.

randy marsh
04-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Im working on a 07 script this things take time..

RobinurHood
05-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Can you take scripts from rs script forum and make them work for 07? I have been trying to get narcle for 07 and I keep getting smart key problems

Shatterhand
05-01-2013, 04:35 PM
This.

And this.

Kevin
05-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Can you take scripts from rs script forum and make them work for 07? I have been trying to get narcle for 07 and I keep getting smart key problems

You can't run EOC scripts on 07 simply because they are different games. The graphics are different, the styles are different, the colors are different. No EOC script will run on 07.

RobinurHood
05-01-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm talking about stuff like narcles fighter, it was outdated before eoc was even around.

samerdl
05-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Not much script lots of factors: Final exams coming up for most people SRL-OSR include isn't officially out yet, SRL_Members have mostly refrained from releasing their scripts.

I posted one script so far, and i have made several for my self that i can't really release, honestly i haven't had problems with leechers, most people that post on the topic give constructive posts, and at the end it help's me in helping them. Its been a real joy and i hope to release more scripts when i iron out more bugs in my current script.

Lets Get a mage Arena script - it doesn't bother any one/doesnt harm the community, and it could be an exclusive for Simba!

Tell all the good script writers to look at this topic: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99803&p=1233006#post1233006

I'm talking about stuff like narcles fighter, it was outdated before eoc was even around.

You can use the functions in the script to convert it to 07.

Bam
05-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Well it's finals time.

bloodsbros
05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
I noticed that. I would love to learn how to script but I don't have the time...

theachiever
05-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm planning on releasing scripts as soon as I learn a proper way to walk XD! I've already released a Monk Curse bot and have a flax bot that works 80% (you have to watch it, it misclicks...which is why I need to learn new walking methods :P)

Flight
05-16-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm working on a monk-fishing script at the moment and I'll be handing it out pretty soon it seems. I just wanted to make sure the script works as stable as possible before a public release; the testing & tweaking is always the longest procedure of building a script. Furthermore I've been experimenting with the SMART client and the possibility to use reflection (a limited amount) in our scripts, which should give us quite a big advantage. My mind is set on tile-based walking as I believe this is the most difficult part of OSR.

So hit the tutorials section or just be patient; great things are on the way. :)

theachiever
05-16-2013, 02:28 AM
I'm working on a monk-fishing script at the moment and I'll be handing it out pretty soon it seems. I just wanted to make sure the script works as stable as possible before a public release; the testing & tweaking is always the longest procedure of building a script. Furthermore I've been experimenting with the SMART client and the possibility to use reflection (a limited amount) in our scripts, which should give us quite a big advantage. My mind is set on tile-based walking as I believe this is the most difficult part of OSR.

So hit the tutorials section or just be patient; great things are on the way. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself! Give the scripters time and we will give you back quality scripts!

Peanuts
05-16-2013, 03:41 AM
i suspect that once the race to have the high stats is over that people will begin releasing their private scripts. I'm estimating that in about a month many more srl members will have scripts out. :)

agreeeeeed.

Goatchees
05-30-2013, 01:17 AM
I want to join the scripting team but i want to leave bots running on my account while i do so are there any 100% reliable bots that can do randoms and level up a skill? I have een recieving tons of randoms so am i on the watclist?

Flight
05-30-2013, 02:30 AM
I want to join the scripting team but i want to leave bots running on my account while i do so are there any 100% reliable bots that can do randoms and level up a skill? I have een recieving tons of randoms so am i on the watclist?

The number of randoms your player receives is based on many things. This could be how many randoms you successfully complete, what task you're doing and your location. It's also based on how much XP you get per hour. A comparison between my previous fire-crafting script which triggered next to no randoms at all verses my current monk-fishing script that gives me a handful of randoms per hour, but again, this varies quite a bit.

There's probably many triggers about random events that we don't even know of so no one can be 100% certain, but after all our own observation we can come to a pretty solid theory of what triggers random events.

You're more than welcome to become a scripter, you don't need an application or anything, just start reading up a few tutorials and away you go! Of course if you run into trouble and need help feel free to post a thread and we'll be happy to lend some help.