PDA

View Full Version : Creating SRL Official Client, Help me with name

Avaphi
05-08-2006, 05:17 PM
WHOA WE HAVE 2 ADMINS !!! Wizzup, will you support this???

Wizzup?
05-08-2006, 05:55 PM
SRL Client or SRL Scape sound good, I like the names.

Though, I tought client where forbidden, I don't know exactly, Fakawi will point it out, I hope..

torrent
05-08-2006, 06:18 PM
SRL SCAPE sounds a little to common lol.. everything ends with scape.. srl client sounds better for some reason.. also you guys shud do sumthign about it which will make it work better with SRL scripts :)

HISTORY
05-08-2006, 06:49 PM
they wont let you cause scar is legaland we dont wanna mkae srl ilegall now..do we?

Avaphi
05-09-2006, 01:10 AM
I am going to make it for the Srl Members only, maybe a even higher rank will be required to have acess to it, so it doesnt get discovered and leaked my leechs/noobs. I dont think I could modify it like scarscape was, even though thats amazing the way it worked. Anyways, srl client sounds good.

-chaos-
05-09-2006, 01:19 AM
ya and it should have modification a little like scar so the colors dont change :D that would be great

Keen
05-09-2006, 01:24 AM
I could make a quick client in visual basic, which would steal the actual applet.

This way you wouldn't lag because there wouldn't be any adverts or other crap so it would run faster, and I could get the applet in the exact coords as on the site.

Then people could just pm me if they wanted it or something. :confused:
Would that be illegal? Because they would have no proof I have made one.

devils elbow
05-09-2006, 01:28 AM
ya and it should have modification a little like scar so the colors dont change :D that would be great
That's not legal.

BenLand100
05-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Wizzup?: If he writes it in delphi all you have to do is say its a browser since all it will really be doing is loading the page ;) Jagex has no rules aganist using web browsers ;)

if (Delphi <> Java) then All'sGood;
if (Java != Dephi) All'sGood;
Both of those give me an always evaluate to true warning for some reason :rolleyes:

Avaphi
05-09-2006, 02:35 AM
I could make a quick client in visual basic, which would steal the actual applet.

This way you wouldn't lag because there wouldn't be any adverts or other crap so it would run faster, and I could get the applet in the exact coords as on the site.

Then people could just pm me if they wanted it or something. :confused:
Would that be illegal? Because they would have no proof I have made one.

Uhh dude... Mine is same basic way, I get the applet but with delphi. The thing is delphi is better for this thing because of RAD and the fact that delphi, takes a bigger amount of space, but runs faster. Also...it was my idea :mad:

Pyro
05-09-2006, 05:51 AM
if (Delphi <> Java) then All'sGood;
if (Java != Dephi) All'sGood;
Both of those give me an always evaluate to true warning for some reason :rolleyes:

Ben i think its time to get outside a bit more :p

Jagex_Fagex
05-09-2006, 05:56 AM
clients = gay... you get banned for using modified client, i'm living proof, anyway, what is wrong with runescape.com?

Hackor
05-09-2006, 06:33 AM
i like autoscape, its pretty pimptastic:)

Keen
05-09-2006, 09:01 AM
clients = gay... you get banned for using modified client, i'm living proof, anyway, what is wrong with runescape.com?

They can’t tell if you use a client that only steals the java applet. :)
It's things like scarscape that get you banned.

@db_cheater, delphi isn't actually that much faster than visual basic, although I admit its faster. But you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if it only stole the applet, they would both run the same speed really. ;)

And cheater, you said something about extra features, extra features suck, just steel the applet so it's a fast running client, and I won't make you as long as you do that. :p

Jagex_Fagex
05-09-2006, 09:13 AM
no.... any other thing that you log into runescape on sends different headers to runescape... You get banned if you send them any other then the downloadable client, or known browsers (i.e. ie, firefox, opera...)

Keen
05-09-2006, 09:57 AM
no.... any other thing that you log into runescape on sends different headers to runescape... You get banned if you send them any other then the downloadable client, or known browsers (i.e. ie, firefox, opera...)

Oh, never knew that. :p
Oh well, I vote no client then.

driger1592
05-09-2006, 11:54 AM
The ones used in Delphi are similar to an IE applet. I've never been banned with my private client ;)

Keen
05-09-2006, 12:05 PM
The ones used in Delphi are similar to an IE applet. I've never been banned with my private client ;)

well i've never been banned because of it either.

@driger, why do you mean the ones used in delphi?
I don't quite understand.

And jag fag, if theres a header on the rs page you could just get the source and then put it in your client... I think, if thats what you mean.

ReFLeX
05-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Just use the runescape client. It's probaly going to just be another runescape client that has a world switcher. People make tons of the things now days, and odie made a vid showing how to make one even.

BenLand100
05-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Me thinks you made that up :rolleyes:
@Pyro: I go outside a lot :p

Brown
05-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I agree with Ben. How would you know if they send a header? Is it a hunch, or did you actually find proof that they do?

tarajunky
05-09-2006, 09:16 PM
There was a post on Fagex, I believe, that suggested people could use a modified client along with SCAR to make the perfect autoing system.

The example they used was to have the client display things differently than normal, so that you could have party hat icons in place of all the iron rocks in a mine, making the color selection infinitely easier and more reliable. You could make an empty rock a white party hat, and a full rock a purple one. No more messing around with the cryptic graphics updates that the developers keep throwing at us.

Of course, the data stream to and from the server would not be any different. It would just be displayed differently by the client, and detected differently by SCAR.

And by the way, I use Scarscape with all my characters, and I rarely get banned. On some characters I have autoed more than 100+ total hours using the same scripts (in <3 hour chunks of course) using scarscape and they are still not banned.

Avaphi
05-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Sorry I am not going to do this atm...sorry, but If fawaki does not support it, I do not. I am fully against whats fawakis against, the reason is because he created this awesome community and I do not want to go against anything he says. Thanks and sorry... db_cheater

Jagex_Fagex
05-10-2006, 01:35 AM
well ben, me thinks i did not.. they told me in a pm thing, i got banned for using modified client, i asked how they know:cool:

Brown
05-10-2006, 01:45 AM
They do not need to rely on a simple header detection thing, it would cause a ton of misbans on innocent people. Modified clients are detectable because of a few reasons:
1. Direct commands
2. Unupdated client, its extreemly easy to tell your using a modified client if you dont have a new update that all of the players who arent using modified clients have.
3. Traps, or an area of the code that damages a part of the game (Ex, many errors are made in walking functions).

There are many other ways that they can detect them too.

driger1592
05-10-2006, 01:57 AM
By the way, what I meant by "the ones in Delphi" or whatever, was the TWebBrowser component. It basically is Internet Explorer :p

Jagex_Fagex
05-10-2006, 02:05 AM
it is internet explorer in delphi aint it?

EDIT: Driger are you n msn?? becoz your signed in..

Avaphi
05-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Drigers msn account is always on, so you cant expect him to reply all the time.

Bam Bam
05-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah drigger never seems to turn off his computer... :/

ub3r |<1||3r*1337*
05-13-2006, 10:45 PM
if he replies ALL the time then he doesnt sleep :p