PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get ready to give up?

NKN
05-22-2013, 01:09 AM
I dunno man.

Sometimes I just want to request a ban on SRL and move on with my life.
e.e

I spend all my time on the internet, it's pathetic.

What're your guys's insights on it? Have you ever wanted to give up Scripting/SRL and just move on?

Ian
05-22-2013, 01:15 AM
You received something bad from your $10 something purchase?

Really though, I haven't yet. For me this is something I do in my free time, so I guess it may as well be this rather than playing Blackops or whatever.

NKN
05-22-2013, 01:16 AM
You received something bad from your $10 something purchase?
lawl it's not in yet.

Next monday mang.

Flight
05-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Give up SRL? Not any time soon for me.

Itankbots
05-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Nope, I do Spend Like 12hrs/day on the internet, pretty much every day. But thats due to health issues. Honestly believe if it wasn't for the amazing people i have met online, that i would not still be here today. 6 years sick and they have always been there for me and kept me busy, While most my irl friends have moved on.

So no, i dont plan on going anywhere, Although, when i do get better, i only get online for like 1-2hrs a day max.

Haxz
05-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Sometimes I spend more than 20 hours a day on internet. Sometimes I don't at all. As long as you have enough real life activities, I don't think it is necessary to give up SRL. Unless you're already at an age where you should be having a stable job

NKN
05-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Sometimes I spend more than 20 hours a day on internet. Sometimes I don't at all. As long as you have enough real life activities, I don't think it is necessary to give up SRL. Unless you're already at an age where you should be having a stable job

Only 14, not at that stable job yet.
But yeah. sometimes I'm on the internet for 20+ hours/day

Sjoe
05-22-2013, 01:31 AM

Just lessen your time infront of the tube and find some other activity's u enjoy :)

Ian
05-22-2013, 01:32 AM

For me, 20 hours a day is too much. If I were you I'd try doing some sort of physical activity during the day and sleeping during the night. Even if you don't need the exercise it will make you happier :)

NKN
05-22-2013, 01:33 AM
For me, 20 hours a day is too much. If I were you I'd try doing some sort of physical activity during the day and sleeping during the night. Even if you don't need the exercise it will make you happier :)

Waiting for football to start again next month. :(
Hopefully that'll fix everything, waking up at 6 AM during the summer.

Haxz
05-22-2013, 01:43 AM
You're at an age where you you get to enjoy life the most. I'm now 22, I regret of not doing what I think I should have done during your age. You should get involved in more real life activities, especially sports. Football is good :D

I'm graduating Uni in 2 more months, guess giving up suits me more.

senrath
05-22-2013, 02:52 AM
I like the community too much to quit.

grats
05-22-2013, 02:55 AM
I like the community too much to quit.

Same, not too active anymore I am out of the house working about 14 hours a day, but I enjoy coming here and reading some threads every night

Jake
05-22-2013, 02:59 AM
I dunno man.

e.e

What're your guys's insights on it? Have you ever wanted to give up Scripting/SRL and just move on?
Yeah I know what you mean, I feel that same way sometimes

I enjoy spending some time here, making threads and posting, but I'm planning to leave in a few months or so, I feel as if its going to be time to move on

King
05-22-2013, 03:10 AM
I love the community, talking with people and the Skype chat ;)

Honestly my IRL life comes first, that's why I may go inactive for a day or two at a time, or even a week or so when I am studying for finals, but even then I just hop on the tablet/Skype and say hi and post a bit.

I'm hoping to spend a bit more time this summer scripting for the community, school year has been crazy.

As for leaving, anytime soon? No. Even when I'm not actively scripting anymore I will stop stop by and talk to people, post some stupid stuff, help newbies, shoot the sh** on Skype.

It's like BMW said, it is in my free time(:

Ashaman88
05-22-2013, 03:17 AM
If you think you are spending too much time on the Internet to do something else :)

grats
05-22-2013, 03:24 AM
If you think you are spending too much time on the Internet to do something else :)

I try to spend at least 6 hours a day on the internet, down from my average of like 16 hours a day back last year & the decade before that

I now know I didn't spend enough time on the internet, cuz I still see new stuff.... oh wait

once summer dies I'll be back on the internets more, YOU GUYS WAIT AND SEE

Brandon
05-22-2013, 03:24 AM
I dunno man.

e.e

I personally only visit SRL when I have something to give or show or if I somehow come across a question that needs an answer where none others seem to help or even if I'm plain bored and have "absolutely nothing" else to do. Other than that, just go out and have fun.. During winter I'd be ice-skating or in school doing some random crap like breakdancing and stuff. During summer I'd take a walk on the beach or go for a run. I know its not fun but meh.. Walking on the beach frees my mind lol.

Just pick up a hobby. You don't have to program or script all day every day or even look at a computer. You can also do what I do. Just plug the laptop into the TV and relax and enjoy a movie streaming through the HDMI.

noidea
05-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Go after chicks

StickToTheScript
05-22-2013, 07:29 PM
I originally joined this forum because I was wanting to be one of those hard-core botters. But i reaalized that I was the only one who I knew that played RS. I then noticed that there was an opportunity to learn a new language here and I was the only one who I knew who wanted to learn a new scripting language. So, I thought that it would be a great idea to learn and play at the same time.

I took the plunge and tried it out and decided to join. I have originally stayed for a month or two to get the hang of things, but I never met a single person IRL who wanted to join me. I find that it is a much more fun and entertaining experience when you can do these things with friends.

But I then thought to come back and give it another shot. I have decided to stay even though I still have no IRL friends open to such a things as this.

Its nice to be here and I plan on staying. I just find that I am on here a lot. During my school hours, I usually just sit on my tablet in my free time usually browsing this site.

Its funny how some people think i am a loner, but I get over it.

I do not plan on leaving and plan on staying and building new friendships and making existing ones stronger.

I love the community and enjoy every moment that I am here.

:D

Gala
05-22-2013, 07:46 PM
14 ->

Go after chicks

Wu-Tang Clan
05-22-2013, 08:21 PM
How to move on with life

1 Get that Kidswatch stuff and turn your network settings to shut off at 8:30 PM
2 Buy a longboard
3 Use longboard
4 If not already, smile

repeat steps 3 and 4 until you die.
I only check SRL about 3 times a day and then I longboard/hang out with friends.

NKN
05-22-2013, 08:37 PM
14 ->
I dunno. I'm not the greatest looking guy if you know wut i mean.

How to move on with life

1 Get that Kidswatch stuff and turn your network settings to shut off at 8:30 PM
2 Buy a longboard
3 Use longboard
4 If not already, smile

repeat steps 3 and 4 until you die.
I only check SRL about 3 times a day and then I longboard/hang out with friends.
I used to skateboard all the time, then I realized I was trash at it. gf $250

Austin
05-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Take a break for a bit or something. Just find something else to do for a bit, even if just for a few days. I know that for me, sitting down at the computer is much more rewarding/enjoyable after I did some good old manual labor or exercised. Maybe something like that a bit each day.

When I was 14, I also spent a lot more time on the computer than I do now. I'm (almost) 17 now, and with high school/senior year coming up/getting a job, I have a lot less free time. It's just one of those things that straightens itself out once you get older :p

The Mayor
05-22-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm quitting when I comp. I can't leave this silly game unfinished.

Silentcore
05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
I love this community too much that It wont be for me any time soon. If you are planning to get banned, don't do it by taking others people's pixels.

NKN
05-22-2013, 09:16 PM
I love this community too much that It wont be for me any time soon. If you are planning to get banned, don't do it by taking others people's pixels.

I'm not like that mang. dw