PDA

View Full Version : So, I stopped botting

rebeltjeh
06-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I'd just like to say this.

So recently I stopped botting (my goal was to get all skills up to the level so I could do all the quests)

And I have to say, I enjoy playing runescape again. OK the boring skills I just bot untill I don't have to anymore.

But I suggest you give it a try.

The only thing that's bothering me (is not the average botter from simba)
But the ones botting on several accounts are.
I myself botted max on 2 accounts (most of the time playing 1 legit while collecting something on the other)

But I shit you not, if this won't be dealt with, rs will just die again.
And you (ppl who bot xx accounts) are responsible for this.

Blame all the goldfarmers you want, but you are just as bad as a goldfarmer.
Bringing too much items and money in the game, for the amount of players who actually play it.

So next time you reboot your vpn, think about this: 'Will I help ruin runescape today?'

Greetings

Inb4rs07ruined.

PS: When I say 'you' I mean the people running several bots for the purpose of beeing rich (ether on rs or irl it comes down to the same thing)

Flight
06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
I gotta say most of this I agree with. There's perks to botting in EoC as well as OSRS and many of us do it for personal, single account building or for the hobby of creating scripts and such. But the majority of bots you see running around are precisely those gold-farmer who are indeed ruining the game, for legit players and private botters alike.

Sorry you decided to quit but keep your account on standby incase something actually is done about the current bot flood. Don't give any times or passwords away just have it all ready for later.

rebeltjeh
06-06-2013, 10:59 AM
It's the thing I love about simba thou, the lack of moneymaking scripts discouraging goldfarmers to come here.

Everybody has those skills like woodcutting or mining whatever, powerleveling I never thought was fun.
And having to do it over was like OK, untill you see that 5K people are ranked above you just because they botted it.

That just demotivated me and so I just botted the questing skills, and decided to enjoy the game again.

I ended up with a (near) maxed account combatwise on EOC and have to say .. I barely played on it.

I would just love to encourage people (like me) who can still do slayer etc legit, to actually do so, and you might end up having more fun than just botting ;)

I will be keeping an eye on the website thou, it became a habbit to check on forums every day just like I look at my facebook :)

Maybe a tip to anybody who would consider to stop with botting, try out slayer, it's really a lot of fun again, since the loot you get is actually worth something, and not alch-price like on EOC ;)

samerdl
06-06-2013, 11:38 AM
tbh i dont even bot skills, i bot combat and make money doing barrows

EngageTheRage
06-06-2013, 12:20 PM
same as samerdl, i did the first bit legit because i hadnt played rs in years, but then realised how long it takes to get anywhere so botted combat until i can actually do something.

the only problem is i have now realised that im not overly interested in actually playing games anymore, and prefer coding/learning :/

rebeltjeh
06-06-2013, 12:37 PM
After a while I just looked up against doing the 'annoying' afk skills again.

Don't get me wrong, at day One all I did was fish and cook legit, because everybody was doing it.
It was fun, talking to people instead of afking & watching movies.

But when time went forth, more & more bots came and less people were talking and so .. That's what I miss while skilling :P

Also why I'd like Jagex to get rid of idk 20-30 worlds, so areas become more populated again. That would make things more fun, atm I play in world 1 and 2 most of the time to solve this :)

Peanuts
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
After a while I just looked up against doing the 'annoying' afk skills again.

Don't get me wrong, at day One all I did was fish and cook legit, because everybody was doing it.
It was fun, talking to people instead of afking & watching movies.

But when time went forth, more & more bots came and less people were talking and so .. That's what I miss while skilling :P

Also why I'd like Jagex to get rid of idk 20-30 worlds, so areas become more populated again. That would make things more fun, atm I play in world 1 and 2 most of the time to solve this :)

That would be kind of cool.... Would love to see fishing spots filled with life..

Although other resources like runite ore would suffer..

I have played over 10 years... I still play a lil here n there.. but i sually just bot..
I still want to reach the goal i had as a 12 year old.. 99s! EVERYWHERE! lols..

at the moment im going for 70 in everything, thn 99 in my fav stats i woulda leveled had i played / had no life.

Any money i make from scripts goes back into the expensive skills.. .. Like prayer!

rebeltjeh
06-06-2013, 02:01 PM
mm well I just idk never bot for about almost a month now and I got to say, I'm quite happy.

Ye well, you obviously don't play as much as you bot, so things would go slower, but it's all about fun imo so ye :p
Didn't really get ANY statisfaction from seeing my botted skills, I was like .. meh

Making money killing green dragons is nostalgic (and not too bad of a profit since it's not really beeing botted yet (I think)

happy hippo
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Yeah The People running Multiple Accounts are the ones responsible for ruining runescape, Although all i do is mine Coal here And There.

rebeltjeh
06-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah The People running Multiple Accounts are the ones responsible for ruining runescape, Although all i do is mine Coal here And There.

Well some people don't realise that, they just think 'imma be rich if I run many accounts'.

I was one of the people who hated Jagex for not making oldschool F2P but now ..

I see that they didn't do it, probably for the sole purpose of F2P bots crashing the economy.

Because somebody is faster going to make 20 F2P accounts than to pay for 20 accounts, and now I love them for not releasing f2p :)