PDA

View Full Version : EoC account banned today

count to potato
06-07-2013, 04:08 PM
One of my f2p side accounts just got banned, I was using it to kind of test the "bot watch".
I was using a prem. PB wc script for about 12-15 hours a day for the past couple weeks. I guess today was the final straw :p

What will happen to this account? I had like 15m on it that I forgot to get rid of.. Will that be gone?
Also, does the "bot busting" mean it was a manual ban?

Thanks and stay safe guys!

Sjoe
06-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Seems like a manual ban, how long is the bantime?

count to potato
06-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Seems like a manual ban, how long is the bantime?

Whoops! I knew I was forgetting something! It was a 48 hr ban. I'm just hoping I don't get a wealth rollback :\ Stupid mistake on my part to forget to transfer the gold.

Sjoe
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Whoops! I knew I was forgetting something! It was a 48 hr ban. I'm just hoping I don't get a wealth rollback :\ Stupid mistake on my part to forget to transfer the gold.

There's been a lot of 2day bans over on pbot. There account were unharmed though, no skill levels rollback nor wealth.
So I would assume it applies for you as well.

count to potato
06-07-2013, 04:31 PM
There's been a lot of 2day bans over on pbot. There account were unharmed though, no skill levels rollback nor wealth.
So I would assume it applies for you as well.

Great, thanks for the info! I was doing some googling and it does seem like there are a lot of accounts over several sites who have received bans recently. The majority of them appear to be from goldfarming and or botting 07.. I won't be doing either of those things any time soon! :)

Sjoe
06-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Great, thanks for the info! I was doing some googling and it does seem like there are a lot of accounts over several sites who have received bans recently. The majority of them appear to be from goldfarming and or botting 07.. I won't be doing either of those things any time soon! :)

Be careful, thieving guild got hit too, I heard dg'ing is getting hit(not sure)

Ian
06-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the info, count to potato! Because the evidence says "Macroing evidence" I'd think that it was automated, the manual ones I've seen before have said either "Jmod comment" or just didn't have evidence. Although they might just have just have put "Macroing evidence" because they want to get people to think it was automatic.

count to potato
06-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Be careful, thieving guild got hit too, I heard dg'ing is getting hit(not sure)

Yeah I've completely avoided botting dg because of the ban rates.

Thanks for the info, count to potato! Because the evidence says "Macroing evidence" I'd think that it was automated, the manual ones I've seen before have said either "Jmod comment" or just didn't have evidence. Although they might just have just have put "Macroing evidence" because they want to get people to think it was automatic.

Now that I think about it I also believe this was an automated ban. After the ban happened I logged in on a different account on the same world and checked the spot. Sure enough there were still 2 botters wcing in the area. I don't think a mod would go to Draynor oaks and just manually ban one account.

count to potato
06-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Now I've noticed something strange with my ban.. All of these screenshots were taken within a minute of each other.

What is it Jagex!?! Am I banned for 48 hours? A day? A year? What the heck! Haha!
Has anyone else who recently received a ban for 'bot busting moderate' noticed this?

Ian
06-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Now I've noticed something strange with my ban.. All of these screenshots were taken within a minute of each other.

What is it Jagex!?! Am I banned for 48 hours? A day? A year? What the heck! Haha!
Has anyone else who recently received a ban for 'bot busting moderate' noticed this?

Yes. I explain it with my "Jagex is incompetent" theory.

count to potato
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Yes. I explain it with my "Jagex is incompetent" theory.

Theory? I think we've got enough evidence that it's a fact. :D

Ian
06-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Theory? I think we've got enough evidence that it's a fact. :D

Well at least they're getting better at banning bots :D

Solar
06-07-2013, 08:43 PM

I do agree somewhat, but they aren't really going after the right bots first. If they got rid of the goldfarmers and let enough time pass for the economy to change as a result of that, then I think some people who bot for experience and just personal GP would stop botting and start to play the game again.

count to potato
06-07-2013, 08:46 PM

I guess we'll just have to take things one step at a time when it come to Jagex. :duh:

Rich
06-07-2013, 08:56 PM

Has anyone else who recently received a ban for 'bot busting moderate' noticed this?The expiry date is when the ban meter goes back down, in your case a year.

count to potato
06-07-2013, 09:00 PM
The expiry date is when the ban meter goes back down, in your case a year.

Oh, well that explains that part of it. Thanks for the clarification, Rich!

Haxz
06-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I believe it is that your account will be playable in 2 days. But the offence lasts for one year.

I've had a lot of accounts that has high ban meter before EoC came. After EoC, ban meter was reset lol.

Sawyer
06-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I wish Jagex would just get the gold farmers.. if the gold farmers were gone, then botting would not be a huge problem. Personal botting is just saving time in your life to actually live, not just play a game.

Ian
06-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I believe it is that your account will be playable in 2 days. But the offence lasts for one year.

I've had a lot of accounts that has high ban meter before EoC came. After EoC, ban meter was reset lol.

Well at the top of mine it says that if I commit the offense again I'll be banned permanently. So if I'm caught before a year it's a perm, but after a year it's a temp?

denart5
06-07-2013, 09:29 PM
I wish Jagex would just get the gold farmers.. if the gold farmers were gone, then botting would not be a huge problem. Personal botting is just saving time in your life to actually live, not just play a game.
It would still be unfair though. It would be cool if Jagex added an AFK training thing like Neverwinter has.

Sawyer
06-07-2013, 10:19 PM
It would still be unfair though. It would be cool if Jagex added an AFK training thing like Neverwinter has.
Botting is AFK training :p

Haxz
06-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Well at the top of mine it says that if I commit the offense again I'll be banned permanently. So if I'm caught before a year it's a perm, but after a year it's a temp?

I went to check after I saw your post. Ban meter is up again, offences are expired though. Weird, it was down to nothing when EOC came out :(

denart5
06-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Botting is AFK training :p
Hmm I would say botting is unfair afk training and afk training in NW is legit botting :)

acow
06-15-2013, 04:43 AM

you seem to have derp'd

Itankbots
06-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Jagex banned a TON of people last couple days, and extended some bans

Peanuts
06-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah I've completely avoided botting dg because of the ban rates.

Now that I think about it I also believe this was an automated ban. After the ban happened I logged in on a different account on the same world and checked the spot. Sure enough there were still 2 botters wcing in the area. I don't think a mod would go to Draynor oaks and just manually ban one account.

Maybe they use simba scripts :)

"That relieving moment when you open a ban thread only to discover your amazing client hasn't let you down, once again :) "

count to potato
06-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Jagex banned a TON of people last couple days, and extended some bans

I've been botting straight through it. Nothing too noticeable I hope ^.^

Have you received any bans or have you just heard about them? It helps to know who's getting banned for what so we can avoid it!

Maybe they use simba scripts :)

"That relieving moment when you open a ban thread only to discover your amazing client hasn't let you down, once again :) "

Probably! :D Simba is simply the best, I love it!

Itankbots
06-15-2013, 05:00 PM
I've been botting straight through it. Nothing too noticeable I hope ^.^

Have you received any bans or have you just heard about them? It helps to know who's getting banned for what so we can avoid it!

My accounts are safe still(as of now). All the Bans I have seen are via PB

http://www.powerbot.org/community/forum/77-banned/

Seems like pretty mcuh everything according to the ban section on PB. High areas are grotworms/dragons/Woodcutting/mining/Fishing...Pretty much everything. Im ranked in top 10k on rs and gained over 50k skill rankings last 3 days, while gaining no xp at all. Lotta high ranking people (or atleast high xp) getting banned

count to potato
06-15-2013, 05:04 PM
My accounts are safe still(as of now). All the Bans I have seen are via PB

http://www.powerbot.org/community/forum/77-banned/

Seems like pretty mcuh everything according to the ban section on PB. High areas are grotworms/dragons/Woodcutting/mining/Fishing...Pretty much everything. Im ranked in top 10k on rs and gained over 50k skill rankings last 3 days, while gaining no xp at all. Lotta high ranking people (or atleast high xp) getting banned

Great, thanks for the info. They do seem to be cracking down pretty hard!

I just noticed I moved up on the HS quite a bit also - I'll take free ranks any day! :)