PDA

View Full Version : Dont log in with epicbot client

l6bustank
06-19-2013, 08:03 PM
...and perhaps powerbot too, but epicbot is certain.

made a thread on powerbot but thought i'll give you guys a heads-up too. No Simba bans yet btw :D .

my thread:
http://www.powerbot.org/community/topic/1040290-banned-for-logging-in-with-a-bot-client/

Note that this was not for botting. the acc has not been botted over a year.

rj
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I think there has been a couple simba bans actually

EDIT: You can't be too certain, they link accounts and it just looks like a normal ban

Kevin
06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I think there has been a couple simba bans actually

He's saying that they're doing client detection bans - simba bans have happened but not simba client detection bans.

l6bustank
06-19-2013, 08:22 PM
EDIT: You can't be too certain, they link accounts and it just looks like a normal ban

I considered that too, but when I looked from my gp transfer logs then this account was last used for gp 34 days ago. I logged in with it more often though to do spins 1-2 times a week and make things look like a slow xp gain. used epicbot client for it occasionally.

Sawyer
06-23-2013, 01:29 AM
He's saying that they're doing client detection bans - simba bans have happened but not simba client detection bans.

I was banned within 2 seconds of logging into SMART. I don't use any other clients. This was like 2 days ago.

Kevin
06-23-2013, 05:06 PM
I was banned within 2 seconds of logging into SMART. I don't use any other clients. This was like 2 days ago.

Sometimes bans wait until you login - or you've been IP flagged.

If there really was a client detection of SMART going on, literally everyone here would be instantly banned on login.

[XoL]
06-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Literally everyone who uses firefox would be banned instantly if it was SMART correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: Someone corrected me (whoever did it, thanks!) So no bot client is undetectable but I would say SMART is the least detectable of the bunch as Jagex would specifically need to check for the programs running

StickToTheScript
06-23-2013, 05:59 PM
I use the original client that Jagex gave out... Dont think i will get banned. :P

Mind you... I have logged in on PB with my main......

count to potato
06-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Mind you... I have logged in on PB with my main......

This is the only thing I'm worried about. I just had the client on my desktop and used it to log-in the day these bans were happening. :eek:

grats
06-23-2013, 06:59 PM
;1250985']Literally everyone who uses firefox would be banned instantly if it was SMART correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: Someone corrected me (whoever did it, thanks!) So no bot client is undetectable but I would say SMART is the least detectable of the bunch as Jagex would specifically need to check for the programs running

Yea benland has said it before.. (too bad the person who corrected you didn't post publicly)
smart sends stuff like it is firefox, and pretends to be.. but it is still very easy to see it is SMART running and not firefox

StickToTheScript
06-23-2013, 07:01 PM
This is the only thing I'm worried about. I just had the client on my desktop and used it to log-in the day these bans were happening. :eek:

Yeah. Me too. I was botting it earlier today as well.. I wonder if I should be scared.... :unsure:

But I did bot on the days the bans were happening.. :ninja:

happy hippo
06-23-2013, 07:11 PM
I thought epicbot was shut down? what the fudge!

StickToTheScript
06-23-2013, 07:20 PM
I thought epicbot was shut down? what the fudge!

I thought they log your username and pass.

I once tried it out and they took my GPs.... :(

But that was 2 years ago.

happy hippo
06-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I thought they log your username and pass.

I once tried it out and they took my GPs.... :(

But that was 2 years ago.
They never did that to me, Although They were doing that awhile back, since they had nothing to lose since there site was faceing legal issues.
Looks like you were one of the unlucky ones who got your Gp'z stolen. :(

StickToTheScript
06-23-2013, 07:56 PM
They never did that to me, Although They were doing that awhile back, since they had nothing to lose since there site was faceing legal issues.
Looks like you were one of the unlucky ones who got your Gp'z stolen. :(

Are they worth it now?

Cuz i hear the some people use them, but i dont know about their scripts....

happy hippo
06-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Are they worth it now?

Cuz i hear the some people use them, but i dont know about their scripts....
I think simba is way more worth it, RLY i dident even think epicbot was still around i think they went underground and sided with the goldfarmers hence a private client. anyway i wouldent use them if i was paid to :D

StickToTheScript
06-23-2013, 08:11 PM
I think simba is way more worth it, RLY i dident even think epicbot was still around i think they went underground and sided with the goldfarmers hence a private client. anyway i wouldent use them if i was paid to :D

Thought so.. Never trusted epicbot...