PDA

View Full Version : Are most/all bans now chain bans?

YoHoJo
07-18-2013, 01:14 PM
I've been noticing a lot of 'chain bans' recently.

As is one you get banned for RWT or botting on one account, Jagex seems to closely monitor all accounts on your IP, and if any are doing something suspicious, they also get banned.

I know in the past getting banned on an account was no huge deal, and you could easily continue doing rule breaking activities on other accounts on the same IP with no problem at all.

Has anyone else experienced bans like this or heard of similar occurrences?

weequ
07-18-2013, 01:20 PM
I think so but i havent been really active lately. I just know that jagex banned all accounts of my rs friend for rwt.

Rich
07-18-2013, 03:38 PM
It was a couple of year back when I actually played, but a couple of my accounts all got banned roughly around the same time, but the only offence was botting, no RWT.

Ian
07-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I haven't really done RWT, and never been banned for it. Although I think they do track IP's and scrutinize accounts on the same IP as another one that has been banned on. For example, my main was given a 48h ban after chopping willows for 41 hours without breaks about a month ago, and that seems almost expected now. Although recently a different account was banned after only a few hours of botting. So I do think they were linked.

Stayon
07-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I believe they do.

Main & second "main". -> 24h bans.
2 days later botting only Simba. Main->48h ban
About a week after the first 2 24h bans, two of my grot accounts botting only 6-12 hours a day with 12-18 hour breaks in between both get slapped with 48h bans for first strike.

No prior offenses on any accounts.

All botting from same ip, so I'm sure they're linking them and upping offenses based on your activity.

Wu-Tang Clan
07-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Back when bottany bay had just came out and I was mega leech I did draynor willows on a low level account and got 1 slap, then I did it a few days ago and got a perm ban... so the 3 hits rule must be done.
But it seems like no other accounts have been touched, no rollback on main or second main, no items or cash gone. Just that low level.

Silentcore
07-18-2013, 06:18 PM
well just becareful cause you never know how jagex might act. i only had 1 acc banned and all other accounts were running the same script and i still have them. ive recently done alot of rwt but soo far nothing.

[XoL]
07-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Yes I had 5 accounts, all 5 got banned within the same day (3 of which haven't botted in over two weeks) (This happened during the ban wave)

There is a link.

count to potato
07-18-2013, 07:30 PM
I lost 3 accounts while villavu was down due to bans from PB. My other accounts haven't been touched yet, but they've never used PB hopefully they'll stay that way. :pinch:

Wu-Tang Clan
07-18-2013, 07:35 PM
I lost 3 accounts while villavu was down due to bans from PB. My other accounts haven't been touched yet, but they've never used PB hopefully they'll stay that way. :pinch:

I got a rollback from using powerbot for a half an hour, so I'll never use it again.

count to potato
07-18-2013, 07:38 PM
I got a rollback from using powerbot for a half an hour, so I'll never use it again.
Jeez, that's fast response time on Jagex's end. I had been running these accounts for 3-4 days and had used PB on them for months awhile ago.

I've heard that Jagex detects the PB client and that's where a lot of the bans are coming from. So I'm with ya on that one. :)

Wu-Tang Clan
07-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Jeez, that's fast response time on Jagex's end. I had been running these accounts for 3-4 days and had used PB on them for months awhile ago.

I've heard that Jagex detects the PB client and that's where a lot of the bans are coming from. So I'm with ya on that one. :)

I had been botting coal on my noob account in barbarian village by the crater since it was empty.

nugget1556
07-19-2013, 01:45 AM
I think they do my mule account got banned then i logged in runescape with the Rsbot client and i got banned the next day.

angelaelikutty
07-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Do not think so.

I played with 4 accounts.
One of them got a 48hr ban, luckily not the main. But i still played with all 4. The same account was later permanently banned but other 3 accounts including main is safe, though i only play with my main now. The ban was at the beginning of july.

djborec
07-27-2013, 03:52 PM
All 4 accounts banned within 1 hour. One account has been purely new made (as replacement for old banned) and was also banned. I have been botting on it for roughly 1 hour.

Thief
07-28-2013, 05:28 AM
Out of interest, can they tell whether you're playing characters on the same computer (in general, not necessarily multi-logged) as opposed to using multiple computers on the same network?

Foundry
07-28-2013, 09:04 PM
All 4 accounts banned within 1 hour. One account has been purely new made (as replacement for old banned) and was also banned. I have been botting on it for roughly 1 hour.

Yeah, I had 4 accounts banned within 3 hours last week. One was my main and three were mules.

weequ
07-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Out of interest, can they tell whether you're playing characters on the same computer (in general, not necessarily multi-logged) as opposed to using multiple computers on the same network?Yes they save files on your computer that they use to identify it. The file is believed to be "random.dat". You can use virtual machines to get around it.