PDA

View Full Version : Sub $500 laptop

Mr.Klean
10-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Alright boys and girls. I haven't been around the computer scene for a year or two now. Kinda surprised that I'm so far behind already.

Looking for a $500 or less laptop. I've looked through Newegg and some other sites and all the laptops have meh reviews. There seems to be no leader in this price range searching by reviews.

Brand specific, Asus used to be a solid brand but with their increase in the lower end market I've heard that there build quality has substantially fallen leading to a lower end product.

Heard positives about Sony Vaio laptops but outside of my budget.

Looking a laptop with an actually GFX card and some decent processing power. Not going to be used for anything too specifically resource intensive, but I'd like it to run with the pack and run almost any application I throw at it well.

Any brand recommendations?

[XoL]
10-08-2013, 11:56 PM
If you can find enough coupons etc. Lenovo sells some pretty solid computers

rj
10-09-2013, 01:40 AM
Try to buy ta display at best buy you can get them real cheap that way (and good ones too, got this laptop $300, 8 GB of RAM i7 Quad core)

Ian
10-09-2013, 02:02 AM
;1268553']If you can find enough coupons etc. Lenovo sells some pretty solid computers

2nd'd. My brother got a very good Lenovo laptop last year on a clearance sale from the Lenovo website.

Maybe check this out: http://outlet.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/outlet_us/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:expandcategory?current-catalog-id=A4A41B4CA13D4754AE2FBF7721EBF357&current-category-id=908B184AED4F29502E6EB3E1E76AFC13&menu-id=products&ref-id=products#/?page-index=1

Silentcore
10-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Sorry if this might seem like a hijacked thread post..My question for everyone is, what do i need to check to avoid buying a laptop which might get hot easily or heat up too much?

Edit: I'm also looking for a laptop to buy soon....

cause
10-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I just find a laptop I think looks good and search up specific reviews for that model. Also I don't know if you are getting dedicated graphics at that price point...