PDA

View Full Version : The pains of Volleyball

StickToTheScript
10-20-2013, 03:36 AM
This weekend, my school volleyball team was at a tournament which had a unique little turn to it.

WARNING: Those of you who get sick from explanations about blood or broken body parts or pictures of the like, I would advise avoiding the following...

We played 3 games last night (in which we won all of them) as well as this morning (also wins) but on the last round robin game, the best hitter on our team went up to block their power hitter and the ball drilled the tip of his index finger.

He stood there for a second and looked at it. He didn't know what to do, so for some reason he decided to start flapping his hand because he was amused by the tip of the finger bobbing up and down. He then decided to run to the coach and he yelled at him to run to the hospital.

Turns out, the ball hit his finger so hard that it dislocated his finger so badly that the tendon in his finger split his skin and began to show.

The following is a link to the pictures (THERE IS BLOOD!):
http://imgur.com/a/Y77lu

Turns out that even without our best hitter (Though he was on the bench for the Semis and the Finals), we managed to win the tournament anyways, so I am happy! :D

Just thought I should share my little interesting story...

(I will admit... When I saw it, I nearly passed out. It happened right in front of me...)

Edit: He was loaded with Tylenol 3's when he came back, so i think it did hurt a bit... :P

cause
10-21-2013, 01:14 AM
woowoahhhh that would hurt...

Wu-Tang Clan
10-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Just a question: was that his bone? Like was it severed and hanging by a thread?
I'm not squeamish, but that is tough man. The only thing is the blood... I recently cut myself with an razor blade and needed stitches, and it bled more than that seems to have bled.

StickToTheScript
10-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Just a question: was that his bone? Like was it severed and hanging by a thread?
I'm not squeamish, but that is tough man. The only thing is the blood... I recently cut myself with an razor blade and needed stitches, and it bled more than that seems to have bled.

It was surprisingly not bloody. We don't know why but it just was. And the white thing was his tendon. It popped out and cut through the skin.

Hazzah
10-21-2013, 07:07 PM
When I was younger I crushed my pinkie finger to the point of the bone popping out of the skin (luckily I didn't actually crush the bone because reconstructive surgery would have sucked) but yea, that didn't bleed a lot and it really didn't hurt very much because of my endorphins. But after getting out of the hospital it sure as hell hurt and I still have slight webbing on my pinkie from the stitches.

grats
10-31-2013, 01:51 AM
damn that's badass