PDA

View Full Version : Best Smartphone

Wetish
10-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Getting new phone soon. Must be compatible with t-mobile (http://www.t-mobile.com/).
I know nothing about smartphones. Price should not be an issue.
I want your opinions. What do you like best?

Kasi
10-22-2013, 07:13 PM
HTC One.

The Killer
10-22-2013, 09:09 PM
"Best" is just a personal opinion, nothing is factually better really. I'd spend time looking at all the current best phones and reading into them. Have a look into the future generation of phones aswell (I'd imagine theres a new nexus coming?)
I think its important to get what you want, not what others like. I wouldn't want a Iphone and would pick an android phone over it any day but other people would disagree. There's also the question of what you want to use the phone for? if you are into multimedia you would go for a bigger screen like the Samsung note? I have the google nexus and think that the size of it is just right, anything bigger would be awkward to carry around (IMO).
But yeah, do your research first (I suppose this counts :P) and then try and actually have a good look at the phone and try it out. Ask for fellow owners opinions etc.
Best of luck.

Tl;dr I like the samsungs but the new lg looks promising.

Hazzah
10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
I have heard great things about the Note 3 but have never used it.

YoHoJo
10-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Go Android.

Note 3, Galaxy S4, HTC One, etc.

Jake
10-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Getting new phone soon. Must be compatible with t-mobile (http://www.t-mobile.com/).
I know nothing about smartphones. Price should not be an issue.
I want your opinions. What do you like best?
Get a Galaxy S4 Mini

Very smooth and fast

cause
10-23-2013, 04:54 AM
I have a nexus 4 and it is great/fine. I prefer it over the S3. My buddy has a brand new HTC (one?) and it is a slick looking phone...I'd get that probably.

The Killer
10-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Go Android.

Note 3, Galaxy S4, HTC One, etc.
^

Get a Galaxy S4 Mini

Very smooth and fast

Don't know why you would downsize if you could afford the full sized version

Griff
10-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I have a Galaxy S4 and really like it, but the Note 3 is pretty awesome if you don't mind the bigger screen. But if you can wait a bit, I'd suggest waiting for the Nexus 5, which is supposed to be out some time in the next month.

Wu-Tang Clan
10-24-2013, 12:11 AM
My nexus is very hot. It was fairly inexpensive and I got it unlocked (on Kijiji). It's one of those phones you didn't pay a fortune for so it needs to be in a case all day- I just toss my phone around...

TronicRS
10-24-2013, 07:04 AM
I'd say Galaxy S4

J J
10-24-2013, 10:27 AM
I would wait a few weeks for the Nexus 5.

[XoL]
10-24-2013, 06:43 PM
I know this will get hate, but honestly it won't break/it will forever be simple to use and you can use it for many years.

Iphone 5S

The Killer
10-24-2013, 06:53 PM
;1270104']I know this will get hate, but honestly it won't break/it will forever be simple to use and you can use it for many years.

Iphone 5S
Yeah its ganna get hate... :/
...from me :p
Iphones aren't exactly long lasting phones. You have it for one or two generations and upgrade and you couldn't keep it if you wanted to because it'll crack.

But ofcourse you get this with other phones but I believe its worse with iphones.

Kasi
10-24-2013, 10:16 PM
;1270104']I know this will get hate, but honestly it won't break/it will forever be simple to use and you can use it for many years.

Iphone 5S

it's a joke when you say it won't break lol, a friend of mine broke her 4s first day she got it, another has "invalid sim" problems. list goes on.

However they do retain value much better than any other smartphones, I heard 2nd generation IPhones are selling for grands.

Wetish
10-24-2013, 10:33 PM
I think I am going to wait and see how the Nexus 5 is, then I will make my decision. Thanks for all the input. ;)

Kasi
10-24-2013, 11:07 PM
I think I am going to wait and see how the Nexus 5 is, then I will make my decision. Thanks for all the input. ;)

Really good choice, Nexus 5 specs look amazing.

[XoL]
10-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Yeah its ganna get hate... :/
...from me :p
Iphones aren't exactly long lasting phones. You have it for one or two generations and upgrade and you couldn't keep it if you wanted to because it'll crack.

But ofcourse you get this with other phones but I believe its worse with iphones.

it's a joke when you say it won't break lol, a friend of mine broke her 4s first day she got it, another has "invalid sim" problems. list goes on.

However they do retain value much better than any other smartphones, I heard 2nd generation IPhones are selling for grands.

Yeah I feel like I just have very good luck with mine, ive dropped it about 50 times on concrete no cracks but I know other people who drop it once and bam the entire screen.

J J
10-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Good choice ;) Rumour is that the Google Event is on 31 October and the shipping might start at 1 November.

Snapdragon 800, Full HD screen, stock Android 4.4... amazing combination.

I wanted to wait originally but the rumours talked about Q4 of 2013 and I wanted a new phone in Q2 so I went with the HTC One. No regrets, but as I develop for Android it would be nice to be on the latest version of Android straight away.

The Nexus 4 it's specs were "outdated" compared to the HTC One and Galaxy S4. And you can't get one on contract. A HTC One on contract turned out to be cheaper for me than buying a Nexus 4 in Germany and getting a seperate contract.

3G prices are rather high here if you want >= 1GB of data.
I'm paying 912€ now over 2 years with a free HTC One. Would've cost me ~600€ otherwise so €312 in contract costs. Normally 1GB of 3G internet is 15€/month already = 360€ in 2 years. And you need some SMS and calling minutes etc. so all in all I'm very satisfied.

Kasi
10-25-2013, 03:27 PM
3G prices are rather high here if you want >= 1GB of data.
I'm paying 912€ now over 2 years with a free HTC One. Would've cost me ~600€ otherwise so €312 in contract costs. Normally 1GB of 3G internet is 15€/month already = 360€ in 2 years. And you need some SMS and calling minutes etc. so all in all I'm very satisfied.

damn thats some expensive pricing, I have a HTC One on contract, paying £36 a month, unlimited internet, unlimited tethering, 5000 sms, 2000 mins, also get 5000 mins to the same carrier. phone is worth it and we should be getting 4.3 soon :D. All agree'd if you want raw android experience, best to stick to the nexus line.

MituArora123
10-11-2014, 06:17 AM
HTC High-Tech Computer Corporation best according to me.

Everyonedies
10-17-2014, 12:36 AM
I dont see a phone as anything more than a camera and calls, texts and whatsapp's.. Nokia Lumia's 1020 my opinion.. Though, I do use a nexus tablet.. Otherwise id might think about getting a nexus :D