PDA

View Full Version : SAT tips?

Foundry
10-31-2013, 02:41 AM
This Saturday I'm going to go take the SAT for the second time. I've been studying for the past week and was wondering if anyone had any tips like what to do the night before, what to eat, etc. Would really appreciate it :)

Ian
10-31-2013, 02:45 AM
This isn't a SAT specific thing, but eat all your meals. Eating breakfast will wake you up.

Good luck :)

Nebula
10-31-2013, 03:43 AM
If you don't know the answer to a question, don't guess. The point system works in a way such that guessing is bad and it's best to leave an answer blank.

If you don't for sure know how to answer a question, leave it blank and don't spend any time working on it until after you're done with the rest of the questions because it's really easy to fall behind and not complete all the questions. Happened to me

Foundry
11-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Took it this morning and I'm pretty confident I did better than last time :).

If you don't know the answer to a question, don't guess. The point system works in a way such that guessing is bad and it's best to leave an answer blank.

If you don't for sure know how to answer a question, leave it blank and don't spend any time working on it until after you're done with the rest of the questions because it's really easy to fall behind and not complete all the questions. Happened to me

Thanks for this tip, I didn't know it worked that way. This time I left 'em blank and only guessed on the ones I could eliminate.

Sin
11-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Took it this morning and I'm pretty confident I did better than last time :).

Thanks for this tip, I didn't know it worked that way. This time I left 'em blank and only guessed on the ones I could eliminate.

Double deduction sucks man...

Enslaved
11-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Double deduction sucks man...
who needs revision :p, 2390 when I did it a while back :) would be 2400 if I "piece" together my scores.

[XoL]
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Ah the SAT I wish I took it, lol I took the ACT though; ever need tips with that one hmu!

intradaydude
09-13-2014, 05:31 PM
lotsa sleep, fruits before you start so you have energy and no crash

Gunner
09-13-2014, 06:54 PM
o and black coffee if you like it lol

Why are you going around gravedigging all these threads? Post count isn't going to help you here.

Wetish
09-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Why are you going around gravedigging all these threads? Post count isn't going to help you here.

Doesn't junior members require a certain post count?

Gunner
09-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Doesn't junior members require a certain post count?

Yes, plus a certain amount of time. Just going around digging up old posts isnt going to help. If he just posts like a normal person, he'll have his posts by the time the time limit is up.

Hoodz
09-13-2014, 08:49 PM
lotsa sleep, fruits before you start so you have energy and no crash

o and black coffee if you like it lol
^ double post

didnt see the date, wasnt grave digging if its one of the top posts lmao
^ no it wasnt (last post on 11-11-2013)

yes 30
^another double post

Ian
09-13-2014, 09:13 PM
goodwork bud, I'll pick up a gold star for you next time I go to the store

Why can't you leechers just do it quietly anymore? I get that you have nothing to contribute but can't you at least have the decency to keep out of the way?

intradaydude
09-13-2014, 09:27 PM
actually I am a decent programmer, have my bachelors in financial engineering. I script HFT algos fo a living, but I'm really not liking the community here so far. so yeah Ill be quite, don't feel I should contribute. Keep your site bud ;D I dont want to join a group of self entitled elitists. Was planning to start working on a looting script to add to one of the combat scripts, but forget it, Ill work in private :D cheers

The Mayor
09-13-2014, 09:35 PM
actually I am a decent programmer, have my bachelors in financial engineering. I script HFT algos fo a living, but I'm really not liking the community here so far. so yeah Ill be quite, don't feel I should contribute. Keep your site bud ;D I dont want to join a group of self entitled elitists. Was planning to start working on a looting script to add to one of the combat scripts, but forget it, Ill work in private :D cheers

So you're the culprit for all of this useless spam today :p If you want to contribute then I'm sure you can do so in a more productive manner :)

intradaydude
09-13-2014, 09:41 PM
For such a quiet forums the 30 post limit should probably be changed :P

TylerT
09-14-2014, 12:12 AM

^ you might be the reason it hasn't been changed.

Ian
09-14-2014, 12:34 AM

What do you need 30 posts for?

Hazzah
09-14-2014, 01:09 AM
What do you need 30 posts for?

Jr. Membs+, but no access to black market until the 300 post mark.

I dont understand why it was changed, should have just stayed 300 posts to prevent spamming like this.

Incurable
09-14-2014, 04:39 AM
Jr. Membs+, but no access to black market until the 300 post mark.

I dont understand why it was changed, should have just stayed 300 posts to prevent spamming like this.

300 posts and 6 months, isn't it? Either way I do agree, 30 posts is pretty small, but if you don't make it something that can't just be spammed in a week then people will spam to reach any number.

Enslaved
09-16-2014, 11:40 PM

go ahead, Give me some pro tips, Lets see how much you really are bsing :p. Bachelors in financial engineering, Im laughing because that is a joke degree (Skype group people know my background and know my justification for this rudeness). HFT algos are bs once you hit larger numbers and are easily manipulated, algos are much higher risk, enjoy either not making the big bucks or being broke in a few years time :p

also, back to the point stop spamming for post count, doesnt support your case for being a decent programmer.

Note to mod Justin please clear this junk up. Ty

Justin
09-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Way off-topic. Post is from 2013 and it's a gravedig + spam thread.

If you wish to keep this thread going, feel free to start a new one. (Please keep it on-topic)
Closed.