PDA

View Full Version : Z3x Box

Enslaved
11-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Looking to buy a z3x box(about $170), any views comments or alternative suggestions?

cause
11-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Never used them before...just bought an unlocked phone lol. Are you hoping to start a business with it?

Enslaved
11-20-2013, 09:26 PM
well I thought of something, I have a screwed up efs on my phone that I want to update, it would cost me $50 going to a guy to get it fixed ... ... if I buy one, it means free unlocking for future samsung phones for me...

Flight
11-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Could someone please elaborate a little on what a Z3x Box is? I read their site and it seems like it's just a developer environment for some phones. Is there more to it than that?

cause
11-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Could someone please elaborate a little on what a Z3x Box is? I read their site and it seems like it's just a developer environment for some phones. Is there more to it than that?

Unlocks phones from specific carriers to use any carrier (I believe).

Enslaved
11-22-2013, 08:27 PM
I think it is UART flashing, allows you to edit a lot of things without JTAG flashing the device like imei repair it also decrypts the block data so you can read the unlock code straight out of the phone, it also allows you to unbrick phones to a certain extent as long as it is not hardware related i.e. recover from corrupt bootloader .etc

There are more features that I cant name off the top of my head. Basically acts as an interface to phones which can usually only be done through JTag soldering methods.

Update :
Bought it, would anyone want unboxing pictures?