PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 or iPad Air?

Jake
12-04-2013, 01:54 AM
I've been debating on which one to get

the Air (16 gb) is going for about $459 (Before taxes) in my area
The Kindle fire HDX 8.9 (16 gb) is going for about $379 (before taxes) on amazon

Does anyone have either of these/want to give some sight on which would be better?

Ian
12-04-2013, 02:17 AM
I have neither, but I can give you a comparison of their technical specifications.

Mass: Kindle is 90g less

Display: Ipad has 0.8" larger screen

Pixel Density: Kindle has 75 more ppi

Camera: Kindle has 3 more MP, and has LED flash

Processor: Kindle is quad core 2200 MHz, Ipad is dual core 1400 MHz

RAM: Kindle has twice the RAM that the Ipad has

Battery: Kindle has and estimated 2 hours more battery life (in use) than the Ipad.

Conclusion: Kindle is objectively better and less expensive.

Final thoughts: I'd recommend trying each device in person if possible so that you can decide if you're comfortable with the UI. You'll get used to whichever you chose, but one might be faster to get used to then the other.

Silentcore
12-04-2013, 03:34 AM
Thanks to BMWxi, I can totally agree that the Kindle will be your best choice.

Jake
12-11-2013, 08:46 PM
But the apps suck on Kindle, Apple app store has at least 10x the amount and quality of those on kindle.

I have neither, but I can give you a comparison of their technical specifications.

Mass: Kindle is 90g less

Display: Ipad has 0.8" larger screen

Pixel Density: Kindle has 75 more ppi

Camera: Kindle has 3 more MP, and has LED flash

Processor: Kindle is quad core 2200 MHz, Ipad is dual core 1400 MHz

RAM: Kindle has twice the RAM that the Ipad has

Battery: Kindle has and estimated 2 hours more battery life (in use) than the Ipad.

Conclusion: Kindle is objectively better and less expensive.

Final thoughts: I'd recommend trying each device in person if possible so that you can decide if you're comfortable with the UI. You'll get used to whichever you chose, but one might be faster to get used to then the other.

Ian
12-11-2013, 09:44 PM
But the apps suck on Kindle, Apple app store has at least 10x the amount and quality of those on kindle.

What do you want to use the tablet for primarily?

cause
12-11-2013, 09:52 PM
You can probably root the tablet and run stock android and get android apps on the kindle.