PDA

View Full Version : [Mining] sdf Granite Miner

sdf
12-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Hi everyone. This is my first public release.

It uses M1D1 method, so I haven't added support for urns or familiars.

Requirements:
- Enchanted Water Tiara (wiki this, you'll need a few quests that need to be done) ALTERNATIVELY you can buy a Tomb of Frost.
- Desert Robes (Varrock Armour is optional, but gives an exp boost)
- 45+ Mining (40k-60k exp/hour depending on your mining level and pickaxe type)
- A world with <20 ping (script may be buggy on laggier worlds).

Instructions:
1. Configure the script in lines 6-10. (i.e. Setup your Actionbar like below). Make sure that the item in the Urn Slot is a FULL urn (see actionbar below) or it will fail to teleport.
http://i.imgur.com/Uuh1cTn.png

To make sure urns are teleported properly, set your game messages to 'filtered' and make sure you are using decorated urns. The only other requirement is to have urns in your inventory; I recommend having 22 urns if you are using varrock armour (on the rare chance you strike double-ores three times in a row and the script is too slow to drop all) or 25 if you are not using varrock armour. You may have to carry less for the script to work properly as my recommendations assume perfect functionality.

2. Make sure your graphics settings are set up to the recommended settings for simba.

3. Resize the chatbox to be as small as possible.

4. Make sure you are zoomed all the way in (NOT out).

5. Start the script with your player standing north of the three northern granite rocks at the desert quarry.

Your final setup should look something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/RYHA9Tf.png

If there are any bugs, please let me know. Play around with the colour settings if it's not detecting the rocks properly. Sometimes the depleted and unmined granites looks very similar, so you might want to reload the client if you can't find a good colour setting.

Known Bugs:
- None

Proggies:
http://i.imgur.com/hqW9Yli.png

http://i.imgur.com/lM8AfH9.png

http://i.imgur.com/MDOIemg.png

http://i.imgur.com/6anOPWe.png

Changelogs:
V1.11 - Made on-screen progress look more integrated.
V1.1 - Added decorated urn support. (Please read instructions!!!)
V1.01 - Minor changes to AB trigger% and drop-hovering. Added runFor parameter.
V1.0 - Initial release

Ashaman88
12-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Congrats on the release man!

Praizey
12-28-2013, 01:28 PM
I set it all up but it just seems to sit in the same spot and not click any ore :/

Edit: Sorry, I realized that it wasn't working because I had custom cursors disabled, i enabled it and it worked like a charm. Will let it run and post a proggy later, thanks :D

sdf
12-28-2013, 02:20 PM
I set it all up but it just seems to sit in the same spot and not click any ore :/

Edit: Sorry, I realized that it wasn't working because I had custom cursors disabled, i enabled it and it worked like a charm. Will let it run and post a proggy later, thanks :D

Glad to see some feedback (wasn't sure if it even worked for anyone else). Not sure how custom cursors would affect it?...Unless you mean mouse over text.

I'll probably upload my updated version within the next two weeks; I found some reliability bugs with urn teleporting and XP accuracy (now that ashaman's released a makeshift XP counter.)

Wu-Tang Clan
12-29-2013, 06:22 PM
What was your setup for 60k/hr?
I mean like mining lvl and pickaxe, familiar?

sdf
12-30-2013, 02:04 AM
No familiar, just urns and 80+ mining.

Wu-Tang Clan
12-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Should put up a disclaimer about the load of quests that are required to get that enchanted water tiara...

sdf
12-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Should put up a disclaimer about the load of quests that are required to get that enchanted water tiara...

Done. I forgot to mention that you can use a tomb of frost if you haven't done the quests. A few days of sinkholes should get you it easily.

Wu-Tang Clan
12-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Done. I forgot to mention that you can use a tomb of frost if you haven't done the quests. A few days of sinkholes should get you it easily.

I have TOF, it doesn't do the same thing as the enchanted tiara. TOF only decreases the damage. I ran for about 2.5 hours before I had to go with full desert robs and tome of frost. You need the enchanted tiara to run this script properly.
And a few days of sinkholes isn't going to do it for you, I got it F2P in like a month of straight dung, members should take 3 days of decent dunging.
Great script though.

sdf
01-01-2014, 02:08 AM
I have TOF, it doesn't do the same thing as the enchanted tiara. TOF only decreases the damage. I ran for about 2.5 hours before I had to go with full desert robs and tome of frost. You need the enchanted tiara to run this script properly.
And a few days of sinkholes isn't going to do it for you, I got it F2P in like a month of straight dung, members should take 3 days of decent dunging.
Great script though.

TOF decreases the damage so that it's less than your natural health regen rate; you shouldn't need to use desert robes with ToF...that's odd. Also, I understand what you mean about the tokens but I guess I kinda wrote this script in mind of people who were members and atleast had half decent base stats (70+ dung, I guess).

Wu-Tang Clan
01-03-2014, 03:21 AM
TOF decreases the damage so that it's less than your natural health regen rate; you shouldn't need to use desert robes with ToF...that's odd. Also, I understand what you mean about the tokens but I guess I kinda wrote this script in mind of people who were members and atleast had half decent base stats (70+ dung, I guess).

Yeah I guess that is true.
I find that the waitcount usually goes to it's maximum, then quickly finds a rock. It usually happens after I mine one rock, then waits past the rocks regeneration and depletion, then finds another rock.

sdf
01-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Yeah I guess that is true.
I find that the waitcount usually goes to it's maximum, then quickly finds a rock. It usually happens after I mine one rock, then waits past the rocks regeneration and depletion, then finds another rock.

Sounds like faulty colour detection (it waits until the colour of the unmined rock directly south of the player is not found). I don't think this script uses CTS2, but if you give that a go then it should fix it.

The waitcount was added as a miniture failsafe (in case of idle/misclick etc.) you can play around with the timing if you're still having problems.

Wu-Tang Clan
01-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Sounds like faulty colour detection (it waits until the colour of the unmined rock directly south of the player is not found). I don't think this script uses CTS2, but if you give that a go then it should fix it.

The waitcount was added as a miniture failsafe (in case of idle/misclick etc.) you can play around with the timing if you're still having problems.

What about making it just cut 2 granites in an L-pattern rather than walking around 3? Once you finish mining the first granite, the other will be ready.

sdf
01-04-2014, 02:16 AM
What about making it just cut 2 granites in an L-pattern rather than walking around 3? Once you finish mining the first granite, the other will be ready.

What do you mean by L-pattern? If what you're getting at is to have it only move around in two positions with one of the positions mining two rocks which are orthogonal to one another, then that's only possible at the western spot. The current detection method is too simplistic and it'll want to mine the three rocks PLUS the one that's orthogonal towards the north (unless that's what you want).

If you can fit all four rocks into a zoom level, you can just change the search bounds for the rocks - but the detection for when the rock has been depleted will be need to be worked on (gotta add detection for when mining the northern (L-bit) rock). I'll think about it, but I don't think it'll improve exp rates that much.

http://i.imgur.com/az8DzVF.png

Wu-Tang Clan
01-04-2014, 11:57 PM
What do you mean by L-pattern? If what you're getting at is to have it only move around in two positions with one of the positions mining two rocks which are orthogonal to one another, then that's only possible at the western spot. The current detection method is too simplistic and it'll want to mine the three rocks PLUS the one that's orthogonal towards the north (unless that's what you want).

If you can fit all four rocks into a zoom level, you can just change the search bounds for the rocks - but the detection for when the rock has been depleted will be need to be worked on (gotta add detection for when mining the northern (L-bit) rock). I'll think about it, but I don't think it'll improve exp rates that much.

http://i.imgur.com/az8DzVF.png

You could play with pixelshift to see if finished mining. I know that regular movement when standing/idling is under 4000 pixelshift.

sdf
01-05-2014, 01:57 AM
You could play with pixelshift to see if finished mining. I know that regular movement when standing/idling is under 4000 pixelshift.

I did a version before release with pixelshift but found it to be less responsive (atleast for the three northern rocks). Though I guess it would be better to have it implemented for the L-shape idea.

Wu-Tang Clan
01-06-2014, 12:43 AM
I did a version before release with pixelshift but found it to be less responsive (atleast for the three northern rocks). Though I guess it would be better to have it implemented for the L-shape idea.

Pixelshift for the character of the rock?

sdf
01-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Pixelshift for the character of the rock?

Character, of course.

Wu-Tang Clan
01-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Character, of course.

I wrote myself a new FindGranite+MineGranite function and it works nicely and accurately (no offense intended, I really like the script), here it is:

program new;
{$DEFINE SMART}
{$i srl-6/srl.simba}

function FindGranite: Boolean;
var
i, s, h: Integer;
TPA: TPointArray;
ATPA: T2DPointArray;
t: TTimeMarker;
p: Tpoint;
begin
//FindColorsTolerance(TPA, 6192020, IntToBox(mainscreen.playerpoint.x - 140, mainscreen.playerpoint.y, mainscreen.playerpoint.x + 110, mainscreen.y2), 5, ColorSetting(2, 0.12, 0.31));
FindColorsTolerance(TPA, 7449049,inttobox(65,267,520,333), 5, ColorSetting(2, 0.3, 0.3));
if (Length(TPA) < 1) then
begin
Writeln('nope');
Exit;
end;

ATPA := TPA.ToATPA(20, 20);
SortATPAFromMidPoint(ATPA, Point(randomRange(mainscreen.playerpoint.x - 100, mainscreen.playerpoint.x + 100), mainscreen.playerpoint.y));

h := High(ATPA);

for i := 0 to h do
begin
if (Length(ATPA[i]) < 50) then
Continue;

Mouse(ATPA[i][random(High(ATPA[i]))], MOUSE_MOVE, MOUSE_HUMAN);
if IsMouseOverText(['ine', 'ranite', 'ocks', 'Mine'], 500) then
begin
fastclick(mouse_left);
wait(500);
if tabBackpack.waitForShift(6000+Random(250)) then
WriteLn('Uber, we gained: Granite');
Exit();
end;
end;
end;

procedure DropGranite;
var
dropTPA: TPointArray;

begin
wait(650+Random(311));
repeat
if findColorsTolerance(dropTPA,4875654,actionBar.getS lotBox(5),40) then
begin
mouseBox(actionBar.getSlotBox(5),MOUSE_RIGHT,MOUSE _HUMAN);
wait(randomrange(50,150));
chooseOption.select(['Drop Gr'], 500);
wait(400+Random(50));
end;

if findColorsTolerance(dropTPA,4875654,actionBar.getS lotBox(6),40) then
begin
mouseBox(actionBar.getSlotBox(6),MOUSE_RIGHT,MOUSE _HUMAN);
wait(400+Random(50));
end;

if findColorsTolerance(dropTPA,4875654,actionBar.getS lotBox(7),40) then
begin
mouseBox(actionBar.getSlotBox(7),MOUSE_RIGHT,MOUSE _HUMAN);
wait(400+Random(50));
end;
until not findColorsTolerance(dropTPA,4875654,actionBar.getS lotBox(5),40) or findColorsTolerance(dropTPA,4875654,actionBar.getS lotBox(6),40) or findColorsTolerance(dropTPA,4875654,actionBar.getS lotBox(7),40);
end;

begin
setupSRL();
FindGranite;
DropGranite;
end;

Just does a quick mine and drop once for a test. It's most of your code.

sdf
01-06-2014, 02:21 AM
I wrote myself a new FindGranite+MineGranite function and it works nicely and accurately (no offense intended, I really like the script), here it is:

*snip*

Just does a quick mine and drop once for a test. It's most of your code.

None taken :p. Feel free to modify it as much as you want; how much XP gain are you getting? I haven't tested it with Ashaman's chatBox.getXP function yetm so I'm curious for numbers.

Wu-Tang Clan
01-06-2014, 03:31 AM
None taken :p. Feel free to modify it as much as you want; how much XP gain are you getting? I haven't tested it with Ashaman's chatBox.getXP function yetm so I'm curious for numbers.

I've been running it since I posted it with a repeat until false and it hasn't messed up yet... I didn't add any counters or special xp counters but I'd say about 35K/hr - similar to yours if not the exact same.

Clarity
02-24-2014, 03:15 AM
From what I read I see you've abandoned this but I'll just say this script is excellent and has given me many levels during the DXP weekend. Good job man, hope to see more from you later! Modified it a little bit to suit my needs but on the whole still totally functional with good failsafes etc.

Getting a delicious 110k+/hr at the moment.

sdf
02-24-2014, 05:01 AM
From what I read I see you've abandoned this but I'll just say this script is excellent and has given me many levels during the DXP weekend. Good job man, hope to see more from you later! Modified it a little bit to suit my needs but on the whole still totally functional with good failsafes etc.

Getting a delicious 110k+/hr at the moment.

I do have an updated version with porter options (collected ~150m worth of granite) but don't think I'll be releasing any private scripts for a while. Not until I've maxed at least :p (which is close).

Clarity
02-24-2014, 09:57 AM
I do have an updated version with porter options (collected ~150m worth of granite) but don't think I'll be releasing any private scripts for a while. Not until I've maxed at least :p (which is close).
Heh, that's exactly what I added to the script for myself :p Why drop when I can earn a free 200m on the way to 99.

Edit: Like 1.5m/hr profit with porters.

Garosk
02-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Can you pm it to me please Clarity? :D I really want a script that will make me money

sdf
02-25-2014, 03:30 AM
Can you pm it to me please Clarity? :D I really want a script that will make me money

Granite prices will drop now that it's after DXP weekend. There are plenty better methods; plus MM scripts should be kept private for obvious reasons.

Clarity
02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
My modification of his script to support porters is about 10 extra lines of code, and a bit more if you want to support banking to get more porters.

What I did was:
1. Add a DTM for the active porter, and a DTM for the inactive porter.
2. Set the script to activate an inactive porter if it no longer detects an active porter.
3. Set the script to either go back to the dropping method if no inactive porters are left, or bank for more porters (extra procedure needed).

A quick read through of some tutorials and it should be pretty simple to add this in yourself :)
"Oh Clarity you're such a b*tch just tell me it now" you might say, but I promise learning how this works will benefit you waaaaaay more than me telling you the answer.

If you want help with something, feel free to PM me, but no I won't outright tell you how to do it.

Garosk
02-26-2014, 06:39 AM
I would message you but the forums aren't letting me. I can only comment on posts. I can't make my own post or send messages. Apparently there is suspicious activity from my location or something.

Clarity
03-04-2014, 01:54 PM
I won't share it since it's basically all your work with some small modifications, but with the porters feature I've been getting a steady 1m gp/hr+, which in addition to 60k xp/hr mining is a killer script. I don't see why this script isn't more popular. Maybe release a Jr+ porters version if you so choose, I'm sure it would generate some more activity :D

Thank you once again for this script, mining for me was that one 99 skill I was dreading to get, but now it's like something I do whenever I get the chance haha.

sdf
03-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I won't share it since it's basically all your work with some small modifications, but with the porters feature I've been getting a steady 1m gp/hr+, which in addition to 60k xp/hr mining is a killer script. I don't see why this script isn't more popular. Maybe release a Jr+ porters version if you so choose, I'm sure it would generate some more activity :D

Thank you once again for this script, mining for me was that one 99 skill I was dreading to get, but now it's like something I do whenever I get the chance haha.

I think the requirements (tiara/tome of frost) are off putting to people. It's also lacking updates and I just resumed uni again as well as abandoning this for a sweet 110k xp/hour at LRC (I might release that if I decide to clean it up). Maybe (no promises, unfortunately) I might do something over a weekend if I have spare time.

Glad you are getting use out of it though, I'm quite surprised granite is still selling high enough for you to get that amount of profit.

Clarity
03-04-2014, 09:44 PM
I think the requirements (tiara/tome of frost) are off putting to people. It's also lacking updates and I just resumed uni again as well as abandoning this for a sweet 110k xp/hour at LRC (I might release that if I decide to clean it up). Maybe (no promises, unfortunately) I might do something over a weekend if I have spare time.

Glad you are getting use out of it though, I'm quite surprised granite is still selling high enough for you to get that amount of profit.
Yeah all three types sell for significantly under GE prices but it totals to 1m/hr on average :)

Yoboi
03-28-2014, 09:50 PM
I've been using this, but the main issue I have is that there is a big delay between mining the different granite rocks.

I found the new, updated granite colors but I'm not sure how to decrease the delay between mining the three rocks.

EDIT: after playing around with the script, I found out how to reduce the wait time, thanks for the script!

Proggy should be coming soon ;)

Sad news :[

Run Time: 38m 54s (V1.11)
Exp Gained: 8014

Not sure what's going on

miniking
04-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Every time I time I start the script, it ends up flashing, "waiting for granite to respawn" and does nothing. I've done everything I was supposed to.

Clarity
04-05-2014, 07:43 PM
I've been using this, but the main issue I have is that there is a big delay between mining the different granite rocks.

I found the new, updated granite colors but I'm not sure how to decrease the delay between mining the three rocks.

EDIT: after playing around with the script, I found out how to reduce the wait time, thanks for the script!

Proggy should be coming soon ;)

Sad news :[

Run Time: 38m 54s (V1.11)
Exp Gained: 8014

Not sure what's going on

Every time I time I start the script, it ends up flashing, "waiting for granite to respawn" and does nothing. I've done everything I was supposed to.
The granite colors change every time you load RS, so you need to grab your own and the script will run flawlessly.

miniking
04-05-2014, 07:49 PM
The granite colors change every time you load RS, so you need to grab your own and the script will run flawlessly.

Ok got it to work :) thank you.

EDIT: It works great now! The only problem is that it's not teleporting the urns. I put it in slot 10 (0) and hasn't even touched it; Made sure it was the full urn in slot bar and everything. So I screwed around and tried making my own DTM for urn 'cuz I thought that would work... Guess not :/ Is there any way on fixing that?

jochang2014
06-06-2014, 10:58 PM
how can I get the color of the granite?

Ian
06-06-2014, 11:05 PM
how can I get the color of the granite?

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26944 will be useful for this.

jochang2014
06-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks!

herbal
02-20-2015, 09:47 AM
changed the colors and still long waitcounts in between rocks. any 1 kno?

got it to work. just kept chaning colors you were right. script works really well with a few tweaks

ltztakechi1
02-23-2015, 07:25 AM
can u help me by explaining me how i can get a tomb of frost?

ltztakechi1
02-23-2015, 08:41 AM
can you please help me? the script loads and all but just sits there and do nothing it just says. Waiting for granite to respawn flashing but it doesnt do nothing

Buxtons
02-23-2015, 05:34 PM
@ltztakechi1 You can purchase one for 48,000 Dungeoneering tokens through Dungeoneering.

ltztakechi1
02-24-2015, 07:49 AM
Well i got one but the script isnt doing nothing just sits there and simba flashes something saying waiting for granite to spawn im in the spot he says and evertthing nd still he just sits there sometimes even freezes.

ltztakechi1
02-24-2015, 07:53 AM
How do i change the granite colour?

falloutboy12
03-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Thank you for sharing this script - made updates to use porter signs and it's working pretty well so far. Also, I haven't found the need to use any kind of water source/protection such as the tiara/tome/waterskins. I am able to complete a full inv of porter(20) before getting my health too low so don't let that stop you from using this script...

Lstew51
08-03-2015, 10:45 PM
is this broken?

Pelle123
09-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Can someone help me change the color where do i put the numbers?

Edit: Figured it out.¨

But averaging 5k xp/hour so its pretty shit. Says in simba seconds until last drop and counts to 30 then mines one granit and same thing over and over.

Lacerta
02-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Thank you! Mining works great, but I still haven't fugured out urns. How did you set your action bar like this?

Blade par
03-23-2016, 08:47 PM
Oh this script would be so lovely if it had the ability to use porters!

onilika
03-23-2016, 09:05 PM
Oh this script would be so lovely if it had the ability to use porters!

Who said there isn't? :D
Check out Mayor tutorials, and you will see how easy it is to add that feature to the scrip!

Blade par
03-24-2016, 01:03 PM
Who said there isn't? :D
Check out Mayor tutorials, and you will see how easy it is to add that feature to the scrip!

Hm i'll check it out! Since i have to learn some scripting anyways, Thanks ;)