PDA

View Full Version : New to scripting would appreciate some help

XunknownX
12-27-2013, 07:38 PM
hello everyone!

as my title reads i am new to this and have no general knowledge of scripting. I watched some of Hojos videos and would like to give this a whirl. The first script i would like to make would be a cannonball maker for OSR in port phasty (the ghost town). if anyone could point me in the direction of very basic but updated tutorials and just basic information a newbie to scripting should know, it would be greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to learning about scripting in simba.

I already have simba downloaded ill check to make sure i have the most up to date version.

XunknownX
12-27-2013, 07:50 PM
just did the srl osr setup and newest version of smart however it appears i am missing the SRL-6 folder in my includes folder. tried reextracting but still missing the folder...

XunknownX
12-27-2013, 08:33 PM
ok nvm guys found the threads i was looking for and am following them now. will probs post back later.

Krazy_Meerkat
01-03-2014, 06:45 AM
ok nvm guys found the threads i was looking for and am following them now. will probs post back later.

Welcome to the OSR section, unknown :)
If you have no general knowledge in scripting then you may want to start at the beginning: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58935 and gain some confidence and understanding by trying simple scripts before moving onto runescape scripts.

P1nky
01-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Welcome to Villavu! I would say look at the tutorial island and read up on some guides. Also, another way to get yourself right into the action is by reading other peoples scripts and try to figure out what each procedure/function does.

Good Luck!
`P1nky