PDA

View Full Version : ...Some people

[XoL]
02-03-2014, 07:08 PM
This pertains to Americans:
A8iM73E6JP8

Then I read this: http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/75447787843/speak-english-racist-revolt-as-coca-cola-airs

I want to go on a face slamming into desk spree -.-...

Ian
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Wow. Luckily those people are just the vocal minority.

Sjoe
02-03-2014, 07:34 PM
wow ... people

Hoodz
02-03-2014, 07:35 PM
its a commercial... who can take commercials serious anyway?

Foundry
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
:duh: How can so many people be so ignorant!

The Mayor
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Still waiting to see a fat person in a coke ad.

Sjoe
02-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Still waiting to see a fat person in a coke ad.

Maybe NKN; can apply?

(please I kid baby :( )

King
02-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Well poop. Way to make me feel ashamed to be American people with Twitter...

Wetish
02-03-2014, 09:25 PM
So many people that do not know their heritage.

rj
02-03-2014, 09:29 PM
WE SPEAK ENGLISH NOT ANY OF THAT MEXICAN CRAP

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1411/kcvk.png

I joke..I joke..everything has to be controversial these days

NKN
02-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Maybe NKN; can apply?

(please I kid baby :( )
i will gut you like a fish

Kevin
02-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Having grown up in the U.S. this is kind of disappointing. By nature, the English language is a melting pot of other languages. It's part Germanic (hey look at that, German roots), part romantic (hey look at that, latin roots causing literally thousands of cognates into the other romantic languages, like Spanish, French, Italian, etc...), and part other. What is other? It's the fact that on a consistent basis, English is adding new words that are not originally. For example there is a fairly famous word added as recently as the 1990's: twerk (actually can be sourced back to the Dutch. Thanks for that, Sjoe).

Then of course there's the part where English actually isn't the official language of the United States. There isn't one at all. We have such a large quantity of languages here, it's crazy. I can name a number of areas that are heavily German, Swahili, French, Spanish, Korean or Mandarin - and some of these people do just fine in the United States, spending their entire lives WITHOUT EVER learning English.

And of course there are many people here that do study other languages, even many notable polyglots come entirely from the United States.

But of course, if you have 314 million people with public access to be able to voice themselves to the world, you're bound to hit a few thousand ignoramuses that take up a small percent of the population.

Brandon
02-03-2014, 11:18 PM
I never really experienced racism.. I'm pretty much a witch's brew (mixed with everything). An oreo, a zebra, a banana, blackie-chan, whatever you wanna call it.

All I want to know is how Miss Kansas was at a science fair.. How the hell did she make it there :S It should be illegal to do science in a tiara..

Anyway, imo, people are just too damn sensitive to crap.. Especially in America. To me, a word is only bad if there is negative thought behind it, but then again, you can't always take it serious even if there is negativity behind it.

Seriously who cares if someone says a couple bad words or wants some others to speak English only.. These people don't even matter. The commercial isn't going to change. I'm glad it has multiple languages because I love languages! There is no booty better than a latin booty. Mhmm ;)

Anyway, these are the same idiots that use hashtags for god sake.. There's always going to be that one person who just has to say something stupid and then a crowd wants to do the same thing. Only one that surprised me was that military bastard. What a shame that he can say that..

I say just ignore it. It'll be on the news soon and then it'll die down.

Sjoe
02-04-2014, 12:57 AM
For example there is a fairly famous word added as recently as the 1990's: twerk (actually can be sourced back to the Dutch. Thanks for that, Sjoe).

U know u love it when girls twerk against you ;)

King
02-04-2014, 02:39 AM
Dat Latin booty <3 Brandon

Hazzah
02-10-2014, 04:26 AM
I didn't watch the super bowl, and don't have twitter so I guess I must have missed all of this craziness, but I know that no one I chatted with mentioned it at school the day after so I just assume its the uninformed folks who are being a loud minority that found this so horrible.

Spartan 117
02-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Didn't watch the video but about those tweets I am disappointed in those americans. The USA does not have an official language and is supposed to be the land of welcoming. We even have a huge statue to resemble that. Just disappointing..