PDA

View Full Version : RuneScape Gold Farmers. Do they even exist?

WT-Fakawi
05-28-2007, 09:48 AM
I read a lot of talks about the so-called Gold Farmers. Young poor Asain fellows working their butts of, calling themselves "Professional Gamers", basically playing 8-14 hours a day, and getting paid just enough to keep them barely alive. I know this phenomenon exists. You can read about it on the Web and see a documentary in three parts on YouTube.

But:

These GoldFarmers are for real games, like WOW, LOTR, Everquest, GuildWars and generally speaking any profitable serious game. If you look at all the popular mmorpg-sites, none speak of Runescape, its usually not even listed in top-ten rankings. Runescape isnt a popular mmorpg anymore, I doubt it has ever been as big as Jagex makes us believe it is.

My hypothesis:

There are NO Goldfarmers in Runescape. (Or at least not as many as Jagex makes us believe there are) Why? Because it is not worth it! Its simply not worth it. You can make far better and faster money with other mmorpg's, and some mmorpg's even allow real life trading, so thats where the Goldfarmers are.
So, whats going on? I believe the runescape-engine has been hacked several times by several people, or even by "pro"-organisations, and that 1000's of bots are crawling in runescape space performing all kinds of tasks. Obviously, this is profitable, no need for human interference. So, organisations that bot (on a large scale) do exist, but there arent any goldfarmers for Runescape.
I monitor a lot of boards as well as the official runescape forums. Over the last 6 months there has been an increase of "rumors" about all kinds of suspicious "Players", high-level-"Players" with skill capes flawlessly finding their way throughout runescape-space, not communicating, always performing the same route over-and-over, always online, identical looking names on different worlds......Bots! Botmembers with one or more lvl-99 skills.
Conclusion: Bots can level-up till 99 without getting caught.

Moreover, I am convinced Jagex knows about this, but is unable to do anything against it. This explains the incredible denial, posting about Farmers, deleting thread concerning bots, etc... Obviously they cant admit this ofcourse as it would be an incredible slap-in-the-face of their customers (over 1 mill paying members!!!). It would ruin them.
Last, you might argue, Jagex not only knows about this, so they but allow it, and keep up appearance as they are unable to do anything against it. Or maybe they are just too "Brittish", soo naive.

nielsie95
05-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I agree with you that there aren't as many farmers in RS as alot of people think.
There aren't alot of people asking for RS millions. Companies that do sell those millions, can get them very easilly by autoing or buying from rich, legit players.
I remember someone noticing us about an advertisement at this site. That site had yews, sharks and rs-cash for sale. The fact that they only were selling yews and sharks tells me that they were macroing.

Markus
05-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I agree, there aren't much goldfarmers in Runescape (they exist, ask Joshie, he had some conversations with them).
I know the sites, I know the places where to buy gold, all of them are professional organisations, and sell gold in World of Warcraft, Guildwars, Everquest 2 and Lineage 2, and none of them mentions Runescape. They all use goldfarmers to get the gold.
I'm pretty sure that there are a few private bots beside RSDemon out there, probably client hacking bots. In China and India it isn't that hard to get a big team of professional Java programmers, and as those guys are professional, they create the ultimate bot and use it themselves to farm many money.
As they are professionals they know the whole client by heart, and just program all their ways around all traps built in. With the resulting bot they can just create a few zezima like characters before they get banned (if they ever get banned).

Ejjman
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Jagex can sicken me..

lolpie
05-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Meh, I think there are gold farmers, but they aren't the type that sit on the computer for a whole day and play. I think these gold farmers are the programmers who make the bots responsible for all those level 3s running around.

shaunthasheep
05-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmm... I actually quite believe this. and if they do level them up to "Zezima-like" players, people won't even question why they aren't talking. People believe that high levels don't talk to nubs. And as Markus said, that is very believable, I mean, I know a lot of kids (that are willing to buy money for some game) that actually play Rune scape. I sold 20m at my school for 100$. I don't think i would be able to sell money that easy if it was WOW money. If these "organizations" did create a client hacking bot, that is undetectable, (which I'm sure Rune scape is one of the easiest games to auto on and be able to sell cash easily too), they would definitely do this. Who wouldn't?
(Dreaming:)
Have like 10 computers. Good specs, 5 bots running on each computer. If u can make 200K an hour per character, 200K * 10 * 5 = 10m per hour. 50$ per hour selling at 5$ per mill. You can easily buy more computers and make a Great living. You'd be able to live you life while your program pretty much makes money for you. That would be awesome!

Rune Hacker
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Have like 10 computers. Good specs, 5 bots running on each computer. If u can make 200K an hour per character, 200K * 10 * 5 = 10m per hour. 50$ per hour selling at 5$ per mill. You can easily buy more computers and make a Great living. You'd be able to live you life while your program pretty much makes money for you. That would be awesome!
That seems too good to be true lol. 24 hours in a day, 10m per hour = 240m a day and that can't be right. A blue phat in 2 days would be nice though.....

Junior
05-29-2007, 01:42 AM
There actually are SOME gold farmers. My world is 115, and everytime I take a trip to the mage trees, or even stand in Catherby bank, I see the same exact people there. Some I know off the top of my head because I seen them today.. Fatraul and Rangedutohell, which supposevley(dont know if I spelled that right) go out, boyfreind and girlfreind. And Akinia is Fatrauls sister, as they say. There are so many other people that "chill" in the same clique as them, and are online ALL FUCKIN DAY! This doesnt have anything to do with this topic but when I went on to chop some mage logs and realized how fuckin boring RS is, after every load they would change there attire to something different, and most of the time just stand there talking to eachother. Are these gold farmers? I dont know, do they have a life? obviously not when someone who has been playing for only 1 year and 6 months is level 121, 99 WC'ing and a couple of other 99 skills. This person isnt any of the top that I mentioned, but knows them as well. Is he/she a bot? I dont know that one either.. When I asked the level 121 "person" what he wants to be when he grows up he said "RS pro." Kinda funny isnt it? Stop by world 115, look around Catherby bank or the mage trees by the legends guild, you'll spot someone that I mentioned above there, most likely.

@ Lolpie: You used to play MGO? I see the picture in your sig, best online game ever!

WhiteShadow
05-29-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't believe there are gold farmers I never have. Perhaps, many people who believe in them are those who are jealous that there are bots that can allow you to run for that long and not get banned?

I know a lot of fobs (fresh off boat) Chinese people that came straight from mainland China, and asked them about this before. They said they indeed, have heard about gold farmers for WoW and other games, bhut not Runescape.. (and those who are gold farmers, are kids that drop out of school.. and are pretty pro gamers..).

China use to be an extremely poor country but conditions have changed wayy much more now, it just doesn't seem real to do something for such low pay..

shaunthasheep
05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
That seems too good to be true lol. 24 hours in a day, 10m per hour = 240m a day and that can't be right. A blue phat in 2 days would be nice though.....

remeber thats with 50 bots running making 200k and hour each.

and rsdemon with 10 computers u could run 500 lol 2400m a day w00t lol

tarajunky
05-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Perhaps there are a handful of gold farmers, but nowhere near the numbers that would have to be around to justify Jagex's comments about them.

It's all a sham, designed to justify the utter failure of the 'leet anti-macro technologies' Jagex claims to have. They are trying to blame it on the macros actually being humans, and thus not detectable. That's total BS. 99% of the yew choppers behave EXACTLY like a computerized bot. Bronze or iron axes, all run to the next tree in a wave at exactly the same time. There is nothing human-like at all about their behavior.

Junior
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Funny you should say that Tara, my little cousin got banned for "macroing". He simply made his first account, default cloths, and kinda named it like a bot. Although the name was like every other runescape account. All he was interested in when he first started was wood cutting, now he would do this all the time, excluding the few times he tried all the other skills. One day he told me he got banned for breaking rule number 7... How do they figure?

lolpie
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
@ Lolpie: You used to play MGO? I see the picture in your sig, best online game ever!

Yay someone noticed :D. Yeah I played MGO, hated it (lag + cheaters), then moved on to MPO which is way better. I kick ass with SAA online lol

Town
05-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Before Jagex started making all this talk about "Chinese Gold Farmers" and all this other autoing bullshit I could run around in default clothes 24 hours a day and no one would believe that I am autoing. Now, if you are below level 30 and don't have armour up to your level, you are considered an autoer. I realize that the guy I'm standing next to is level 3 in default clothes and his name is "y2000000j4", but still, Jagex is just looking for someone to blame things on. They just need to convince legit players that they may be doing something right so that they all won't leave and play another game.

Meanage
05-30-2007, 05:24 AM
There are goldfarmers but not many, Ive talked to a few in game and got one guys msn, he showed me his webcam, he was chinese in a room with lots of others and about 20. He said he doesnt auto because it is slower than humans, more bannable, harder and costs more(lol), apparently he shares a computer with another farmer, one plays while the other sleeps, they cut yews 24/7 on 14 accounts at once. He sells mills to a guy who owns a gold site, cheap as, the guy then resells them for twice as much to fat american children. The farmer has no credit card or something so cant use paypal etc to setup his own site, if he could hed be earning the money that supports him and the guy that buys it from him, thats pritty good money.

there also no reason why they couldnt farm WoW and use rsdemon or w/e at the same time, theyd be able to have 1 rs window open too so when a player goes unactive coz of a random or w/e they could login to it, fix it up, and restart that player on rsdemon.

Long post but meh, in conclusion yes there is but not many.

Ramage
06-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I've talked to a couple too :p
I've also seen many websites showing people (gold farmers) how to kill dragons for dragon hide and how to do Rune Mysteries for Pure Ess mining.

@Meanage : That is very sad :( A life as a bot...

VG_Kobra
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Do they exist? Yes. Do they play exessive amounts? Probably not.
MY theory is that these are freakishly potent Asian kids with a computer for a brain. I hae heard rumors and I have a reason to believe that these Asians took the Aryan, revamped it and are using it exclusively. I wouldn't put it past them to make a new bot even. One which is superior to Aryan. Goldfarmers do exist and their ads on Ebay are proof.

But do "slaves" which farm exist? Most probably not since RS is not a profitable game for which you can exped human resources, If you were smart and I'm pretty sure they are, they might use "Slaves" on WoW or Everquest. Not freakin' RS.

neG
06-03-2007, 01:17 PM
IMO, I can see an upside to farming on RS.

With WoW and EQ, you have to pay money before you can start farming. Even more with WoW (monthly).
But with RS its completely free, you can play it from anywhere that has access to the internet,
and you can have multiple Characters farming at once.

eg. Click on a yew with the first guy, minimize, the same with another guy, go back to first, ect.
Thats my two cents.

Meanage
06-05-2007, 07:36 AM
neG, use firefox tabs or w/e instead of having 20 windows open, ooh a spell checker :)

neG
06-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Huh? lol.
I do use firefox and i do use tabs.
I don't understand what your on about :confused:
And yea, i love the spell checker lol.

shaunthasheep
06-05-2007, 10:15 PM
they'd have to delete uid like ever window lolz, that would suck

dontpanic
06-05-2007, 11:08 PM
There ARE gold farmers. I'm quite sure of it. However, there just aren't many. Go to world 2 fally rune selling/buying spot. There are many lvl 3s, that are there many hours a day, definitely using an auto typer to sell for very expensive and buy very cheap runes. They're not bots because they can actually have a conversation (once I talked to one over pm). I don't think any bot could do this.

Meanage
06-06-2007, 10:48 AM
neG, I ment the farmer wouldnt need 20 windows open, just 2 with 10 tabs.

you dont get a UID unsigned I thought?

oliver1205
07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Hmm... I actually quite believe this. and if they do level them up to "Zezima-like" players, people won't even question why they aren't talking. People believe that high levels don't talk to nubs. And as Markus said, that is very believable, I mean, I know a lot of kids (that are willing to buy money for some game) that actually play Rune scape. I sold 20m at my school for 100$. I don't think i would be able to sell money that easy if it was WOW money. If these "organizations" did create a client hacking bot, that is undetectable, (which I'm sure Rune scape is one of the easiest games to auto on and be able to sell cash easily too), they would definitely do this. Who wouldn't?
(Dreaming:)

go to sythe/fagex. mills have dropped to an average by 2.5-3.50 each

n3ss3s
07-18-2007, 10:15 AM
My fox aint got spell checker? :(
Btw about the windows, you can have more than ten.
I tested and got lazy when I reached 48 :D

Ruroken
07-18-2007, 06:06 PM
They exist, i've talked to a few of them.

Pyro
07-19-2007, 10:45 AM
It does bring up a good point though. Is runescape even that profitable.... the person who tried to do the math. Mills are now between 3-4 dollars and sometimes lower. Also 200k a hour? Doing? Maybe cannonballing and that makes about 160-170k per hour. Not sure about flaxing etc. But then count into that the memberships and the bannages...

da_professa
07-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Jagex saying that all the lvl 3s you see are not macroers, but are gold farmers is completely false... Even the lvl 70 - 90 that are at green dragon are NOT gold farmers.. A gold farmer would not use the same tactic to run from killers every time. A gold farmer will not always run the same direction when attacked from a random every time. A gold farmer will not wear the same autoing clothes everytime. I mean it should take seconds to change outfit if you are a farmer.. A gold farmer will not always stand in the same spot infront of a tree when cutting wood every time.

I believe that autoing on runescape / paying some1 professional to make a good bot is way better than having one person per computer playing runescape.

I believe that they are all macroers. Yes, maybe, they are located in places like china, but they are not real players.. They are not human, they are a program.

If it is possible for jagex to make a game like runescape in java, why is it not possible for some1 to make a software to work through the game in java.

Also I think the amount of people buying gold is a lot less now, since jagex is coming down hard.

Gold Farmers do not exist.. I believe.. I mean what way can you make the "most" amount of money in runescape.. Without merchanting, I think probably the max some1 can make in runescape is 600k an hour? Not sure, but I think wasting one computer to make that 600k is pointless. why not just get a program and run 7 bots making 100k an hour, or even more.

There might be some gold farmers, but saying there are less macroers than goldfarmers is not true..

Probably out of the 100 people that are not playing runescape for "fun" I think only 10 of them might be farmers

Smartzkid
07-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Remember that any good 'bot' should be able to run at least 25 - 100 characters at once, maybe more.

da_professa
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok here is what really happens (or I think)

The chineese people have to watch over the bots, if they get a PM, they respond, if the bot gets stuck, they reset it, if someone says there an autoer, they respond "no im not" (happens a lot when I tell them that...making me not want to report them).

Note: this is what I think happens...

I'v never had a chinese bot autoer respond..

Pyro
08-05-2007, 11:50 PM
and its not hard to autorespond.... even with scar..

IEatJ00erBaybees
08-06-2007, 06:41 PM
If you guys were looking for those videos by the way, I just found them. I am currently on part 2.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ho5Yxe6UVv4&mode=related&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JRrhpoMd88Y&mode=related&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KH1LGdjZUKQ&mode=related&search=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer_(gaming)

That's really interesting.

Kik
08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ho5Yxe6UVv4
This video has me believing that there are goldfarmers in runescape. The game that they show in the video, Maple Story, is easily hackable to change monster coordinates (aka vacuum monsters to a spot) , make infinite health, etc (can't change money, though), just like RuneScape is easy to macro on. Even though the 'hacks' exist, there are still goldfarmers that play legit.

According to estimates, around 100,000 people in China are employed as gold farmers, as of December 2005.[1] This represents about 0.4% of all online gamers in China.[citation needed] Chinese gold farmers typically work twelve hour shifts, and sometimes up to eighteen hour shifts. Wages depend heavily on location and the size of the gold-farming company. One gold-farming operation in Chongqing in central China with 23 gold farmers was reported to pay its employees the equivalent of about 120 U.S. dollars per month, while workers at a larger gold farm in Fuzhou earn the equivalent of about 250 U.S. dollars per month.

Markus
08-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I posted photographic proof they exist:
http://www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13298
:p

lelle
09-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Honestly, I highly doubt that its profitable. I mean it takes time to get those mills even though you are skilled. and mills only sell for like 3 dollars each nowadays :( so my opinion. Its NOT worth it

kaustav_002
09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
08-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Exactly when was the last post!?
Stop Gravedigging.
Noone cares about your opinion after a month of no posting. Just read it and let it die.

Xeroz
09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I dont belive there are gold farmers for runescape. I never have.

the_box_boy
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
there are loads and loads of chinise gold farmers they get the best botting programs and sell of the stuff that they get they dont sit on the computer at all

potshot
09-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I am in pretty good with the admins at sythe (the main rs cheating site) and i know of at least 1 of them is a gold farmer

he has sold over 3bil and made 10,000$ from this game...

TheSantaMan
09-13-2007, 11:54 PM
i believe that there are some gold farmers, but i'm not sure how many. I mean if you go to kill green drags. There's like 50 people with chinese names fighting green drags and they never talk. So i'm not sure.

One thing is for sure tho. I'm getting really sick of seeing 10 lvl 3's cutting yews
-_-

legendaryhero90
09-14-2007, 01:44 AM
oh they exist alright.

as bots :D

phoenixlament
09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
You WILL get banned if you're a lvl 3 with lvl 70 wc gained purely by manually chopping. I've seen it happen numerous times before with this strange person who's lifelong commitment lies in chopping wood all day. (no questions asked) This person has no idea how to auto, and is not remotely technically inclined to script. After the first account got banned, that person created another one, and followed the same vigorous chopping xp increase. Second account got banned within 2 weeks. Same with the third.

So there's a little bit of fact.

PwNZoRNooB
09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
You've made an interesting point. (Like always :) )

Lorax
09-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I think the best part of it all is the way they descripe cheating, this is not word by word but I remember some news about them..
Cheating is when you use a bot or a macro to gain an unfair advantage over other, fair and square.. but now the funny part comes..
Cheating is also if you are not playing the game correctly, as if you are in a so called sweat-shop (refers to gold farmers), all they do is cut yews and not talk - this is not playing the game correctly and is therefore cheating..

I was like woaw :) now they ban us for not playing the game correctly? lawl

mynameisjoe
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm happy putting my 100th post here because I love topics like these and sharing my opinion. I believe that there are a few gold farmers around, but there are mostly foreign bots. Like those level 3s in world 1 selling/buying lobs at horrible prices. I once was buying a few lobs off of em, pretty good price. Then i declined after the person put up the lobs

The person tells me how much I should pay for the rest of his lobs. So i put up the money, and decline again. I ask "the number of coins you want me to put up is?" and the character responds the correct amount. I think he would probably be one of the gold farmers.. and some others also.
100th POST W00000T!

Victim14
10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I definetly don't consider myself a Gold Farmer, but I have sold a couple mils when I really needed money in my paypal.

Metagen
10-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I dont know, i think its important to look at the runescape economy as well. If there were massive ammounts of macroers maybe the prices would be different than they are. I'm not drawing any conclusions, but i think there are clues to be found there.

mark9510
10-20-2007, 03:27 AM
i have heard that these bots are fake and jagex makes them on the free world for the games to be harder

V3-C
10-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Actually, there are Gold Farmers in runescape: mmoinn.com for one.

Secondly: no RS engine has not been hacked, and if It had, there would be no need for bots because one would allocate resources/items without getting them manually. Last of all, if someone did hack RS database to cahnge stats (there have been unconfirmed reports where once a player had gotten 1-99 attack level overnight) obviously this sort of thing gets found out almost instantly.

There are many bots in RS, yes, many SRL users, many semi legit players etc. Name similarities have nothing to do with this (could be coincidence). Same routes again, total bullcrap, sometime whe I play legit I take same route 7 days a week 4 weeks a month (Mostly when im out of runes).

These are unjustified reports, hence, it would be arrogant, not to mention ignorant to pay attention to these.

NiCbaZ
10-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Actually, there are Gold Farmers in runescape: mmoinn.com for one.

Secondly: no RS engine has not been hacked, and if It had, there would be no need for bots because one would allocate resources/items without getting them manually. Last of all, if someone did hack RS database to cahnge stats (there have been unconfirmed reports where once a player had gotten 1-99 attack level overnight) obviously this sort of thing gets found out almost instantly.

There are many bots in RS, yes, many SRL users, many semi legit players etc. Name similarities have nothing to do with this (could be coincidence). Same routes again, total bullcrap, sometime whe I play legit I take same route 7 days a week 4 weeks a month (Mostly when im out of runes).

These are unjustified reports, hence, it would be arrogant, not to mention ignorant to pay attention to these.

the website you said they are not farmers they by cheap golf off other people=)

Tails111
10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I have absolutly no doubt that there are chinese gold farmers, for Runescape and Many many many other games, they make horrible livings but probably better then a lot of other people.

ikbenhet
10-29-2007, 12:17 PM
maby there are some gold farmers ,but not mutch ,compared to wow ,it would be nothing.

i am playing wow for 2 years,i played runescape before that but continued with autoing.
i mented ,in wow is way more gold farmers ,but that is because they earn there way more then in runescape.
why? now because it is simply,the average age in wow is like 19-20 ,runescape is more around 14.
many persons who play wow only want to raiding(groep up with 25 man and kill bosses together).
they have a full time job and dont have time for money grinding.
rs players are mostly people who are still on school and have enough time for it.

and u buy money on those site's with paypal and other things,people who are 20+ mostly have a paypal account or something like that.

people of 14 doesn't have a credit card or what ever ,they dont have a way to buy the money.
and they simply dont have the money for buying money with 5 euro each month home money (or how is it called)
older people are mostly richer and can afford it.

mark9510
10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
there is a rumor that i heard from my friend he said that some smart ass kid made a bot like aryan and is using all the lvl 3 woodcutters

Main
01-03-2008, 03:01 AM
Heres the answer that will wrap up this topic.

Description of chinese people and gold farming..and stuff

We Don't gold farm (or what ever you call it), we just use macros (like srl).
In any major city in china, if you walk down an street, theres atleast 1-2 internet cafes, they are very cheap(about a buck per hour), and on the computers, theres 外挂(macro/auto)s for almost all mmorpgs, and the main reason we real world trade is to keep up the money for other famous mmorpgs like 征服,传奇,魔兽世界,大话西游及... all thoses games can cost you up to 10thousand 元(yuan) per year, and since in china, theres not much of use of credit card other than paying for games cause there arn't stuff like ebay(only in hongkong but thats different story) or amazon, and most store only take bank cards, so we just need money for mmorpgs (seriously, am not kidding, if you go to any internet cafe in china, you'll find 99 percent of the people in it are playing games..).

Chinese people and macro and runescape (江湖):

Chinese people been making all kinds of autos for years (when i first seen a auto it was 1997) and rs came to china in 2004 june. and people who knows abit of english started to play it, and by 2005 march break, auto buyer and auto wc and auto mining (you guys won't see this very much) was out, and some where in 2006 auto drag is out. (too see the links to download these, i posted them on an other thread) and then, rs is envaded by the asians:duh:

WT-Fakawi
01-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Heres the answer that will wrap up this topic.

Description of chinese people and gold farming..and stuff

We Don't gold farm (or what ever you call it), we just use macros (like srl).
In any major city in china, if you walk down an street, theres atleast 1-2 internet cafes, they are very cheap(about a buck per hour), and on the computers, theres 外挂(macro/auto)s for almost all mmorpgs, and the main reason we real world trade is to keep up the money for other famous mmorpgs like 征服,传奇,魔兽世界,大话西游及... all thoses games can cost you up to 10thousand 元(yuan) per year, and since in china, theres not much of use of credit card other than paying for games cause there arn't stuff like ebay(only in hongkong but thats different story) or amazon, and most store only take bank cards, so we just need money for mmorpgs (seriously, am not kidding, if you go to any internet cafe in china, you'll find 99 percent of the people in it are playing games..).

Chinese people and macro and runescape (江湖):

Chinese people been making all kinds of autos for years (when i first seen a auto it was 1997) and rs came to china in 2004 june. and people who knows abit of english started to play it, and by 2005 march break, auto buyer and auto wc and auto mining (you guys won't see this very much) was out, and some where in 2006 auto drag is out. (too see the links to download these, i posted them on an other thread) and then, rs is envaded by the asians:duh:

Good story. I wish I could peak in an asain internet cafe myself. So what you are saying is: chinese macro because they earn money in order to play themselves? Sounds plausible to me. I take it you are chinese?

Main
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
yep... came to canada in grade 5

EDIT
i asked my cusion to take an picture of an loco internet cafe, saves you couple thusands buck.
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7675/wanbaku6.jpg

Phlame1
01-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Interesting, for a while I believed that the level 3's were indeed poor asian's who worked in computer sweatshops.

xhackxattackx
01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
WT-Fakawi, why was your post last edited by Boreas : 05-28-2007 at 09:52 AM. :confused:

:rolleyes: There are NO Goldfarmers in Runescape. (Or at least not as many as Jagex makes us believe there are) Why? Because it is not worth it! Its simply not worth it. You can make far better and faster money with other mmorpg's, and some mmorpg's even allow real life trading:rolleyes:

Look harder...it's a 2 million dollar a year industry. If that's not enough of a reason, then just send me the 2 million once and I'll agree. Far to many people are now involved with the RS money making industry for the "good old boys" to adapt, so the next step is to discredit the profitability of RS bots so your market share does not fracture into smaller and smaller pieces of the pie.;)

Main
01-12-2008, 11:37 PM
rs if for real an stupid game to gold farm (wasting time an getting), all thoses people that do power leveling and other stuff are all macroers, the cashes are RIDICULOUSLY cheap, 3 US buck for 1m?? wtf????????????

basically if any one who have an job, they could get over 24m per day...

stnrscott2
01-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Jagex saying that all the lvl 3s you see are not macroers, but are gold farmers is completely false... Even the lvl 70 - 90 that are at green dragon are NOT gold farmers.. A gold farmer would not use the same tactic to run from killers every time. A gold farmer will not always run the same direction when attacked from a random every time. A gold farmer will not wear the same autoing clothes everytime. I mean it should take seconds to change outfit if you are a farmer.. A gold farmer will not always stand in the same spot infront of a tree when cutting wood every time.

I believe that autoing on runescape / paying some1 professional to make a good bot is way better than having one person per computer playing runescape.

I believe that they are all macroers. Yes, maybe, they are located in places like china, but they are not real players.. They are not human, they are a program.

If it is possible for jagex to make a game like runescape in java, why is it not possible for some1 to make a software to work through the game in java.

Also I think the amount of people buying gold is a lot less now, since jagex is coming down hard.

Gold Farmers do not exist.. I believe.. I mean what way can you make the "most" amount of money in runescape.. Without merchanting, I think probably the max some1 can make in runescape is 600k an hour? Not sure, but I think wasting one computer to make that 600k is pointless. why not just get a program and run 7 bots making 100k an hour, or even more.

There might be some gold farmers, but saying there are less macroers than goldfarmers is not true..

Probably out of the 100 people that are not playing runescape for "fun" I think only 10 of them might be farmers

^^ I believe this to be correct too.

Botting is probably more efficient to being a farmer..

seany
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
im sorry but i have to totally dissagree with what you have said, here is my reason....

Reason 1
if you go to google and type in "runescape gold sale" or "mmorpg gold sale" you will find websites which sell gold for various mmorpgs...

now if you look at the prices...(i searched in google and took a random website)

runescape: $4.99 Per Mil (before update) - $5.99 per Mil (after update).

Guildwars: $8.49 For 100k

WOW: $14.99 for 200G

Now these are just a couple of games, but if you notice the easiest to get is the 1M from Runescape.

so gold farmers are going to see they can get runescape gold the quickest,

Reason 2

Now i havnt used SCAR in about 7 Months now, instead ive been over at RSCA using nexus Pro!

now on nexus pro you can use multiple accounts (i used around 10) at a time!

and i used a Script called l33tNewt which got me around 1k newts per hour, (per account).

which is 10k newts per hours, and they sold for 85 ea, which is 850k per hour.

The point im making is that even a novice like me who had a simple nexus pro bot could make around $5 per hour using 10 accounts doing l33tnewt.

In just under 5 months i made about $3,500!! and i am just 1 person who ran 10 bots for a few hours per night!

Summary: So if i can make this much money in this time then, runescape Gold farmers can make even more by using 10 PCs with 10 bots on each one!
let alone using real workers who are alot faster!!

so without a doubt there has to be Runescape Gold farmers!

(well maybe not anymore since the update!)

and if you dont believe me about how much $$ i made then just look over at RSCA and youll realise how much other people have made!

L3ss Than 33
01-25-2008, 10:57 PM
if you go to google and type in "runescape gold sale" or "mmorpg gold sale" you will find websites which sell gold for various mmorpgs...

now if you look at the prices...(i searched in google and took a random website)

runescape: $4.99 Per Mil (before update) - $5.99 per Mil (after update).

Guildwars: $8.49 For 100k

WOW: $14.99 for 200G

Now these are just a couple of games, but if you notice the easiest to get is the 1M from Runescape.

so gold farmers are going to see they can get runescape gold the quickest,

The thing is, you have to look into how easy it is to sell the gold. It is much easier to sell gold in the other games, seeing how some of them even let you real world trade. Runescape is a game that i constantly implementing measures against RWT. From a business standpoint, this is a very unstable environment.

oliver1205
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
ok why are you still posting when the lvl 3's gold farmers or not dont exist anymore...

Da 0wner
02-18-2008, 12:38 PM
you know, why dosen't fagex just sell the gold themselfves? they will make more money...they say it's 'to make the game more balanced' thats bs...they already f'ed up rs with trading update and pking and all that. if they didnta dd those updated the people would buy from them. and if they amde special accounts with like a dollar sign by them where they give you the gold then they could make even more money then they already do...fagex is such a dumb company...lol Thanks,

~Kyle~

infested999
02-18-2008, 03:11 PM
yea, some games even allow old farming, and they earn a lot of money

and if jagex sells gold them selfs cheaper than the Chinese companies then will be out of business and the game will have no more bots!!!

ChrisX
02-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Go out and get a real job.

malotthouse
02-18-2008, 09:19 PM
i completely believe that they would have poor people play for them. it happens everywhere nowadays, like for example nike has people in indonesia work for them and get paid less than 1$ for each pair of shoes they make, which are sold for $100+. and its the same with this. people are using other people to make money for them. I think it is wrong and all, but theres nothing we can do about it. And as for the botting thing on runescape, i do agree that they realize that they have lost the battle for botting. i mean with all of these amazing bots and stuff, eventually they will give up and have to either make a major change to end botting or just quit all together.

Or maybe they are just too "Brittish", soo naive.
rofl. British people rock.

jakeyboy29
02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Or maybe they are just too "Brittish", soo naive.

too british? u can never be

infested999
02-19-2008, 12:55 AM
lol

Hobbit
02-19-2008, 04:02 AM
Closed

lol

+ Temp ban for multiple grave digs and lots of spam..