PDA

View Full Version : Chatbox.findText and derivatives don't work

shockage
03-16-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm trying to detect my ingame nick in chat and it just won't work. I even tried Text.simba's findText and its overloads and they don't work. Looking at the github it seems these were last updated in early 2013. The only function that is radically different from all the functions in Text.simba is mouseOverText and that works flawlessly.

For example, this does not work.

findText(p, txt, [smallchars], self.getChatArea());

Basically, I want to implement an antiban feature. How do you guys detect moderators? I can't find anything about that on the fourms.

Cheers!
Shcokage.

Sk1nyNerd
03-16-2014, 09:55 PM
saw the word 'derivatives' and got overly excited and disappointed after reading the thread. math problems lol

kinda dumb but, sure ur in lape?

Clarity
03-16-2014, 10:02 PM
I've used findText recently with reasonable accuracy, perhaps it does not include the username in the search area? Or, try alternate text searches (like for banker an example might be 'Bank','anker','ker' etc)

Solar
03-16-2014, 10:12 PM
You can report bugs here;
http://villavu.com/forum/project.php?projectid=10

shockage
03-16-2014, 11:20 PM
I don't know if it is a bug, but findText does work for [mouseOverChars].

Anyway, how do y'all implement more realistic antibans? I was simply trying to detect my name, reply, walk to bank, and logout.

And I also can't use ChatBox.simba because I get this error

Runtime error: "Access violation" at line 208, column 60 in file "C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6\lib\interfaces\chatbox.simba"
I hangs on line 208:

result := findText(p, txt, [SmallChars], self.lineBoxes[lines[i]]);

findText is overloaded, and if I try to call it in my own function bodies, it'll yell at me not knowing which function to use.

Edit:

saw the word 'derivatives' and got overly excited and disappointed after reading the thread. math problems lol

kinda dumb but, sure ur in lape?
Yup.