PDA

View Full Version : How do I free gametab bitmaps?

Nufineek
03-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Everytime I terminate a script I get:

The following bitmaps were not freed: [Minimap Mask, SMART Debug Image, Gametab Bitmap[0], Gametab Bitmap[1], Gametab Bitmap[2], Gametab Bitmap[3], Gametab Bitmap[4], Gametab Bitmap[5], Gametab Bitmap[6], Gametab Bitmap[7], Gametab Bitmap[8], Gametab Bitmap[9], Gametab Bitmap[10], Gametab Bitmap[11], Gametab Bitmap[12], Gametab Bitmap[13]]

How do I free those bitmaps to not get these debug messages?

Brandon
03-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Everytime I terminate a script I get:

The following bitmaps were not freed: [Minimap Mask, SMART Debug Image, Gametab Bitmap[0], Gametab Bitmap[1], Gametab Bitmap[2], Gametab Bitmap[3], Gametab Bitmap[4], Gametab Bitmap[5], Gametab Bitmap[6], Gametab Bitmap[7], Gametab Bitmap[8], Gametab Bitmap[9], Gametab Bitmap[10], Gametab Bitmap[11], Gametab Bitmap[12], Gametab Bitmap[13]]

How do I free those bitmaps to not get these debug messages?

addOnTerminate('__freeMinimapMask');

The above and others like it should already be done automatically.. The fact that it isn't being called is because you're forcefully terminating the script thread.

This is why languages usually don't allow forceful termination of threads.. Just interrupts or notifications. Anyway, when you forcefully terminate, the thread may not have time to clean up its resources.

Not sure if Simba will eventually do it anyway (garbage collection?) If it doesn't, no need to worry, the OS will reclaim it when the application closes (most of the time) without needing a shutdown/restart.