PDA

View Full Version : Randoms not detecting at all with SRL-OSR and Reflection?

ry0240
03-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Basically all other aspects of SRL & Reflection work fine except the randoms, I know that not all randoms are finished but the scripts never seem to detect any of the randoms at all, it ignores them every time.
My account name is in all caps which is something like this - Y Z A 3 5
does SRL have a problem with names in all capital and spaces?
and I'm not sure why reflection randoms are never detected, is there an official reflection category for all things related to reflection?

Flight
03-25-2014, 12:55 AM
A good way to test if the actual random-detection is working is go to a secluded place, run a script that simply repeatedly searches for random events, and then type your display name in-game. If your mouse is moved to your character than talk-randoms are correctly detected, in the include at least. The others, for like area-detected random events you'll need to actually be in the random event to check if it's correctly detected or not.

As a heads up I found that a few random-solvers in SRL-OSR did not correctly detect our player was in a random event so the next time you get one you might want to run the script (that you used to check for talking randoms) to see if it's detected or not.

Frement
03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Reflection talking random solvers only work when there is an actual NPC saying your name, and it takes your players name directly from the game, the Nick field is obsolete in this case.