PDA

View Full Version : Error Loader Nocache

Vagrant
05-29-2007, 12:30 AM
I keep getting an error when tryin' to play RuneScape using SwiftSwitch, EliteSwitch, or even RuneScape's downloadable client thingy.

Error_loader_nocache - Unable to create cache directory.
Runescape was unable to find a suitable place to store its temporary files. To solve this please either:

Login to your computer as an 'administator' user, and then try loading RuneScape again. This should give it sufficient access to create its temporary cache.

Or, create a new directory called c:/rscache or /rscache. If possible, set that directory to have full read+write permissions so that all users can write to it. Runescape should then detect that directory and use it for its files.

If you are unable to do either of the above, then as a last resort you can tell RuneScape not to store any files on the harddisk. When entering the site and choosing between high-detail/low-detail also select 'Unsigned Applet Using Default Java' from the dropdown scroll at the bottom of the detail select page. You will need to do this everytime you load the game. The disadvantage of this is the game will load slower, so if possible use one of the top two solutions instead.

If problems persist then please refer to our technical FAQ which can be found in the FAQ section of our website.

I've tried the first two, and nothing. The "Unsigned Applet Using Default Java" works just fine, but it's WAY too slow for using SCAR with. Any ideas on how I can fix this crap?

Smartzkid
05-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Are you an administrator?

PS: If possible, you really should use unsigned when macroing...

Vagrant
05-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Yes I'm an administrator... And thanks for the tip :)

Vagrant
05-30-2007, 01:21 AM
No one has anything else on this? I'm trying to figure out why it won't create a cache folder... I've gone to the official RS site and played there, then tried EliteSwitch, but still nothing.

I've also tried deleting the cache folder in my WINDOWS folder, still nothin'.