PDA

View Full Version : Varrocks New Look!

WT-Fakawi
05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
The looks of Varrock have finally been updated. Write down all changes:

There is still a common RoadColor
Varrock EastMine has been updated to the new Rocks.
Bank DTM's will need to be rewritten, I think

Sumilion
05-29-2007, 02:51 PM
New rocks in the mines eh ... hmm...

Wizzup?
05-29-2007, 03:14 PM
New rocks in the mines eh ... hmm...

The RoadColor is all over the walls.
New Rocks, no biggie, I might actually start using your procedure eh. :p
VEM Bank DTM works just fine.

tarajunky
05-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Bah, there goes my NewbMiner. I haven't used it in a couple of months, but I'll have to update it now.

The first thing I checked while I was there was the Roadcolor. :)

Wizzup?
05-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Bah, there goes my NewbMiner. I haven't used it in a couple of months, but I'll have to update it now.

The first thing I checked while I was there was the Roadcolor. :)

Look at the functions I made, it works fine. (In SRL New Functions, Members forum)

Sumilion
05-29-2007, 05:49 PM
New Rocks, no biggie, I might actually start using your procedure eh. :p

I would like to see the day that that happens ! :D

Markus
05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
I would like to see the day that that happens ! :D

By the time he implements your stuff he already wrote it's own :D

Wizzup?
05-29-2007, 07:24 PM
By the time he implements your stuff he already wrote it's own :D

I don't think I will be doing that this time..

Starblaster100
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
gah great. Time to dust off those old Stress Miner walking procedures...

Sumilion
05-29-2007, 08:26 PM
gah great. Time to dust off those old Stress Miner walking procedures...

Judging by wizzups reaction its not that easy, good luck mate :)

Starblaster100
05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
nah, i think i got it sorted :P

me_ntal
05-30-2007, 12:18 PM
It was a pretty half arsed attempt at a make over really

Wizzup?
05-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Judging by wizzups reaction its not that easy, good luck mate :)

It isn't too hard, I'm just annoyed by JageX.. :)

tarajunky
05-30-2007, 03:22 PM
The iron rocks are horrible. They're so dark it's hard to see when there's ore in them.

I don't think this will be a problem for SCAR, since you can look for exact colors, but if I was mining there legit I would be pissed!

When I update my miner, I think I'll implement the color array technique that I recently added to the ChickenKiller. That way it saves 'hits' (exact colors that led to a successful click) to an array and then searches for any one of those 5 or 6 or 10 of those exact colors before reverting to a more generic color search.

Kinda funny when you think of it, but this update may have given mining macros MORE of an advantage, lol.

Wizzup?
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
When I update my miner, I think I'll implement the color array technique that I recently added to the ChickenKiller. That way it saves 'hits' (exact colors that led to a successful click) to an array and then searches for any one of those 5 or 6 or 10 of those exact colors before reverting to a more generic color search.

Kinda funny when you think of it, but this update may have given mining macros MORE of an advantage, lol.

Yea, I tried saving the colors, but you what? When you just click on a rock, and some body just mined it, you will have the wrong color, so don't forget a if not similarcolors then dontadd; or what ever.. :)

YoHoJo
05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
tarajunky is getting old!
OH NO, how LAME.
Get some better eyes ( o ) ( o )

tarajunky
05-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I was thinking of doing a tutorial on the strategy, since it works so well for chickens. I'm just not sure how to describe it clearly and concisely in a way that people will understand it. Anyway, to put it briefly there are like 6 different flavors of the red comb color, and each one can be slightly different depending on the angle you're viewing it at, or the color 'behind' it that kind of bleeds through.

If you narrow down to ONE color to add to the array you end up with something like this.

All VERY similar colors, but different depending on position/angle.

If I can find one good color for the iron ore that is unique enough, then I think it will work great. The first 2 or 3 searches you don't know what the best color is going to be, so you need a generic search strategy. Once you get a hit, you save the exact color to an array. Then when you search, you do a FindColorsTolerance search for that EXACT color, which should only bring up the iron ore and nothing else on the screen. Since the color is exact and you know it works, you don't really have to do any advanced color screening or rock boundary checking or any of that extra stuff, you immediately mouse over and click it (gas check of course).

Part of the add criteria is to make sure there aren't more than like 15 of that exact color on the entire mainscreen. So, if you accidentally grab a regular rock color, it won't get added. And if it does get added somehow, I made it so if a later search finds more than 15 pixels it wipes the array and starts over to build it back up again. Once you have 5 or 6 good colors, you don't need to add any more to the array, and it will run indefinitely. It's kind of like having people use the color picker to grab the 6 best colors they could possibly get for ore, without any actual color picking necessary.

It works amazingly well on the chickens. If I get it working on the rocks, I may post it in one of the 'advanced' forums. :)

Wizzup?
05-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I was thinking of doing a tutorial on the strategy, since it works so well for chickens. I'm just not sure how to describe it clearly and concisely in a way that people will understand it. Anyway, to put it briefly there are like 6 different flavors of the red comb color, and each one can be slightly different depending on the angle you're viewing it at, or the color 'behind' it that kind of bleeds through.

If you narrow down to ONE color to add to the array you end up with something like this.

All VERY similar colors, but different depending on position/angle.

If I can find one good color for the iron ore that is unique enough, then I think it will work great. The first 2 or 3 searches you don't know what the best color is going to be, so you need a generic search strategy. Once you get a hit, you save the exact color to an array. Then when you search, you do a FindColorsTolerance search for that EXACT color, which should only bring up the iron ore and nothing else on the screen. Since the color is exact and you know it works, you don't really have to do any advanced color screening or rock boundary checking or any of that extra stuff, you immediately mouse over and click it (gas check of course).

Part of the add criteria is to make sure there aren't more than like 15 of that exact color on the entire mainscreen. So, if you accidentally grab a regular rock color, it won't get added. And if it does get added somehow, I made it so if a later search finds more than 15 pixels it wipes the array and starts over to build it back up again. Once you have 5 or 6 good colors, you don't need to add any more to the array, and it will run indefinitely. It's kind of like having people use the color picker to grab the 6 best colors they could possibly get for ore, without any actual color picking necessary.

It works amazingly well on the chickens. If I get it working on the rocks, I may post it in one of the 'advanced' forums. :)

Ok, I think I got my stuff sorted out too, can use a rather high tolerance(9) with this function:

Function IsNewRock(x, y: Integer): Boolean;

Var
Count: TPointArray;

Begin
SetColorspeed2Modifiers(0.2, 0.8);
ColorToleranceSpeed(2);
FindColorsTolerance(Count, 1527647, x - 20, y - 20, x + 20, y + 20, 9);
Result := (GetArrayLength(Count) > 250);
SetColorspeed2Modifiers(0.2, 0.2);
ColorToleranceSpeed(1);
// If result Then WriteLn('New Rock! Found: ' + IntToStr(GetArrayLength(Count)));
End;

YoHoJo
05-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Frankly, i love it!
Though it impairs autoing for a while, it looks very nice, runescape is 1/2 a REAL game now!
Everything's fancy and nice looking.

me_ntal
06-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Yes im pretty amazed by the renders and shading and everthing they put into the map. Please make the tut tara im really intrested in that i need something like that to do a autofighter