PDA

View Full Version : free to play coming to osrs

randy marsh
05-14-2014, 05:21 PM

samerdl
05-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Good news, just saw the original post on forums.

Hopefully it's not going to be 'F2P will be added when we're ready..' but 'F2p will be added in 2 days', the way i see it - F2P guarantees Runescape's longevity, obviously they need to properly advertise the game both on Off sites and on main page.

Flight
05-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Well they said it would be addressed so it's not for sure, but I certainly hope it's the case. Of course I'd like to see the bots taken care of first but this is wonderful new if it's true; an obvious decision.

Ian
05-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Well they said it would be addressed so it's not for sure, but I certainly hope it's the case. Of course I'd like to see the bots taken care of first but this is wonderful new if it's true; an obvious decision.
I think Jagex have realized that bots are not just a F2P issue, they are a Runescape wide issue. The cost of membership is not a deterrent to goldfarmers because they can make back that quickly.

In any case, I think F2P OSR is necessary for it to attract new players. Hopefully you guys get real F2P worlds sooner rather than later :)

rj
05-15-2014, 02:57 AM
I think Jagex have realized that bots are not just a F2P issue, they are a Runescape wide issue. The cost of membership is not a deterrent to goldfarmers because they can make back that quickly.

In any case, I think F2P OSR is necessary for it to attract new players. Hopefully you guys get real F2P worlds sooner rather than later :)

The game needs f2p. Treasure trails, slayer drops, skiling are devalued due to the fact that there is no f2p player base to buy these items.

What member wants a sara set? Not very many, because theres dragons bandos and barrows.

Flight
05-15-2014, 03:01 AM
The game needs f2p. Treasure trails, slayer drops, skiling are devalued due to the fact that there is no f2p player base to buy these items.

What member wants a sara set? Not very many, because theres dragons bandos and barrows.

That's actually a really good point to add to the argument of F2P, I hadn't thought of that.

rj
05-15-2014, 03:04 AM
That's actually a really good point to add to the argument of F2P, I hadn't thought of that.

Better stock up on feathers, iron arrows, and cowhides!

Imagine, buying 1,000,000 feathers for 4 each, and then BAM f2p comes out and their 10 each.

Flight
05-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Better stock up on feathers, iron arrows, and cowhides!

Imagine, buying 1,000,000 feathers for 4 each, and then BAM f2p comes out and their 10 each.

Well, perhaps at first, but until the something solid is done about the bots I predict the F2P resources to be raped and therefore nose-dive in value.

Regarding the F2P I suppose I better change a few things around in AeroLib, first thing's first; the world-selection and player membership status.

rj
05-15-2014, 03:13 AM
Well, perhaps at first, but until the something solid is done about the bots I predict the F2P resources to be raped and therefore nose-dive in value.

Regarding the F2P I suppose I better change a few things around in AeroLib, first thing's first; the world-selection and player membership status.

OT:When do we get to see this aerolib?

Flight
05-15-2014, 08:25 AM
OT:When do we get to see this aerolib?

Well I just finished all the bank tab stuff and updated everything bank-related, it should all be automatic no matter which bank mode you use. Now for a bit of player membership status and I'll continue writing the release thread (which so far is just a lot of text). The tutorials will follow shortly after.

By the way, if I may ask, how's your include-updater coming along? I have nothing solid for updating AL at the moment, just a PasteBin version-checker. I have problems with GitHub so the initial release (at least) will just be a compressed folder with everything one needs to run AL.