PDA

View Full Version : How To Shut Down Other People's Computers!

Pages : [1] 2

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Shutting Down Others Computers

THIS GUIDE TEACHES YOU HOW TO SHUT DOWN YOUR OWN COMPUTER, BUT WITH A LITTLE SUBSTITUTION, YOU CAN SHUT DOWN OTHERS. MAKE SURE TO READ THE FIRST SENTENCE OF STEP 4 SO YOUR COMPUTER DOESN'T GET SHUT DOWN.

I love doing this at school and such..we sometimes go back and forth with the high schoolers (who are on the same network) just shutting down each other's computers :p.

1. Click on Start. Go to My Computer and right click on it. A window should come up with a bunch of choices. We'll choose the one at the bottom, labeled 'Properties'

You should see 7 tabs at the top. One of them, 'Computer Name'. Get the name of your computer.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6348/piconeqq1.png

Now that you know the name, we'll go onto step 2.

2. Click on Start. Go to Run. Type in CMD. Press enter. Now, that black window should pop up. In it, type in "Shutdown /i" without the quotes. A window will pop up.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3898/pictwots4.png

3. Click Add, and type in the name of your computer that you found earlier (w/o the period that was at the end). Click OK on that window that popped up and edit the seconds to 60. Make sure Warning is checked. Keep the option the same. Write a small comment. Click OK.

4. Go back to the Command Prompt (CMD) and type in Shutdown /a. That will stop it on your computer (Also a nice trick if one of your buds tries it on you and leaves up the warning ;)). If you know the name of your buddies computer in the next door computer lab, type that in and don't put the warning, so it looks like it's randomly shutting down ;). Or you can do 10 seconds and a comment like "YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED. The Computer Will Explode When The Timer Reaches 0." If it doesn't work, you'll get a message on the Command Prompt saying "The Network Path Was Not Found.". That means you either typed in the computer's name wrong or they aren't on the same network. Most schools have all their computers on the same network though, so you can do it there.

5. Have fun!

Extra Information

Finding Computers in Network To find all the computers in your network, go to command prompt (Start --> Run --> cmd --> Enter) and type in "net view" w/o the quotation marks.

Getting Computer's Names To get a computer's name, go to run and type in ddeshare.exe --> Click on File --> Select Computer
There are all the computers on the network. --Warbeak1245

Sending Messages To Others Once you have the computer name, you can open up command prompt (start --> run --> cmd) or if that is disabled, command (start --> run --> command.com) and then in command prompt, type "net send [computer name] [message]"

IE: net send Bob Send $5 to my paypal at Abc@hotmail.com or I will give your computer a virus. -- Warbeak1245

and if he doesn't pay, shut it down over and over again. Use your imagination :).

Rate or Hate :p

Enjoy,
IEJB

PS. I only learned this today :p

Jason2gs
05-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Sweet (h)

I'm gonna have fun with this later...

kemico2
05-29-2007, 11:07 PM
when we go back to school i am gona use this alot.
If you are at starbucks or another place that has a network can u shut down others people comps that are also there?

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Better believe it, but good luck getting their computer names =\...but I think you mean Internet Cafe's that all run off one printer..which normally have the same name (IntCafeComp1) Then down the line, the next one is 2 and so on, =]

+rep ty :p

Mr.Klean
05-29-2007, 11:28 PM
He he he, i can use this at work.....

1-DUB
05-29-2007, 11:43 PM
i do this at school, its so funny watchn the teachers face lol put mr(teachers name) you have caused a virus , say by to you computer!! lol they freak out

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-29-2007, 11:48 PM
i do this at school, its so funny watchn the teachers face lol put mr(teachers name) you have caused a virus , say by to you computer!! lol they freak out

Yeah, I know..it's so hilarious :p

The best thing to do is shut down somebody you hates computer while they were writing a long report and hadn't saved it :p...owned?

warbeak1245
05-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Please add this to the tutorial:

To get a computer's name, go to run and type in ddeshare.exe
Click on File>Select Computer
There are all the computers on the network.

You don't have to include credits to me for this, it's all good.

Sp0rky
05-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Haha, thats jokes. All the computers in the rooms next to me in college are now being shut down. Thanks.

warbeak1245
05-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah, and you can also do this:

Once you have the computer name, you can open up command prompt (start>run>cmd) or if that is disabled, command (start>run>command.com) and then in command prompt, type "net send [computer name] [message]"

it's really funny to do that and then shut them down, you can do something like (no quotes btw)

net send Bob Send $5 to my paypal or i shutdown your computer

and if he doesnt pay, shut it down over and over again. I dunno, use ur imagination, cool to add that to tut too.

alach11
05-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow that's nice warbreak, I never knew you could do that. And on this general topics subject, I did this at my old school where there was a general password for younger students.

Smartzkid
05-30-2007, 12:01 AM
:p If only my school didn't block the command prompt...

Ehh...I guess I could make a bat to do it too, no?

omgh4x0rz
05-30-2007, 12:24 AM

yea just type 'cmd' into notepad and save it a cprompt.bat (make sure to change file types to all)

Or you can go into system32, but it is easier the first way.

You can also get the names of the people on your network by doing "net view /domain:MYDOMAIN" (replace mydomain with the name of your domain)

There are alot more nasty things you can do with netBIOS. Good thing you haven't discovered them yet ;)

Jason2gs
05-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I type in:

net send JUANKUBARIZ Hello!

Into the command prompt, and it says that "net" isn't a command :confused:

Is my command prompt broken or something? Lol

Dunceiam
05-30-2007, 01:51 AM
yea just type 'cmd' into notepad and save it a cprompt.bat (make sure to change file types to all)

Or you can go into system32, but it is easier the first way.

I got rather confused with whatever you said :p. Mind repeating it in a way that a person with no experience with this stuff can understand? :D

You can also get the names of the people on your network by doing "net view /domain:MYDOMAIN" (replace mydomain with the name of your domain)

How would you get your Domain name? :)

Please add this to the tutorial:

To get a computer's name, go to run and type in ddeshare.exe
Click on File>Select Computer
There are all the computers on the network.

You don't have to include credits to me for this, it's all good.

I only get "Shares" and "Help". Can't find "File" :p.

And finally...

Oh yeah, and you can also do this:

Once you have the computer name, you can open up command prompt (start>run>cmd) or if that is disabled, command (start>run>command.com) and then in command prompt, type "net send [computer name] [message]"

it's really funny to do that and then shut them down, you can do something like (no quotes btw)

net send Bob Send $5 to my paypal or i shutdown your computer

and if he doesnt pay, shut it down over and over again. I dunno, use ur imagination, cool to add that to tut too.

When I try to send a message to myself, I type in...

net send theswitch hello!

And yet I keep getting...

An error occurred while sending a message to THESWITCH.

The message alias could not be found on the network.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2273

And I'm trying to send this message to my own computer :).

All helps appreciated :).

(Sorry for being so noobish at this stuff...)

-Dunceiam

omgh4x0rz
05-30-2007, 02:16 AM
Batch files are files in which you save command-prompt commands, and which you run the file, it executes all the commands inside. You can easily make a batch file by opening up notepad and typing in

@echo Hello World
@echo This is my first batch file!!
pause

Save this as test.bat, and change the file type to 'all'
Now double click the file and see what happens.

You can read more about other dos commands later, but echo is basically like writeln(), as in it prints out the statement following it. The @ sign just tells your computer not to write 'echo' also. It supresses it.

There is another command called 'cmd' which spawns another instance of your command prompt. Since batch files can execute any dos command, even if your school hides/locks cmd prompt or "run", then you can simply make a batch file with the only line being "cmd" (without quotes). This gets you a fully functioning command prompt.

If you're on a school network, it should tell you what domain you are logging into under where you put your username/password.

And I don't think you can net send to your own computer, seeing as when you do a net view, your own computer doesn't show up.

EDIT: also, an easier way to shutdown your computer is to simply go to command prompt and type "shutdown -s".

Dunceiam
05-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Clearly understood that :). Thanks mate. So I guess I've found a way to get past my school locking Run :p

So, now I need to make my brother walk downstairs so I can sneak onto his computer and get his computer name :). (No clue what our domain is...)

-Dunceiam
Thanks again.

omgh4x0rz
05-30-2007, 02:32 AM
If you type "net view" you should be able to get the name of everyone connected to you without having to walk downstairs.

Just warning you though, these pranks generally don't work so don't get disappointed. There are obviously some security problems with people being able to shut down and log into your computer remotely, so these features won't be started on their computer by default.

alach11
05-30-2007, 03:42 AM
Another awsome batch command is "msg * message here". it makes a popup.

JuKKa
05-30-2007, 05:09 AM
people in my class uses this all the time, the teachers know about this problem though, so if u use it --> detention AND u gotta do the work that the victim lost.

lordsaturn
05-30-2007, 05:22 AM
It's a shame the CMD is blocked at my school...

alach11
05-30-2007, 05:25 AM
It's a shame the CMD is blocked at my school...
Use a batch file.

Dunceiam
05-30-2007, 10:37 AM
When you type in net view, it only shows my parents computer and mine :).

That's probably because both my brothers computers are off at the moment. :p

-Dunceiam

mastaraymond
05-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Well in my school they have blocked cmd, even inside a batch file. But stupid enough they didn't block Command.com. So i still got acces to a kind of CMD.

Jason2gs
05-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Why can't I type "net view" into the command prompt? It says that "net" isn't recognized as a command.

Also, "cmd" doesn't work. I have to type "START cmd" to get it to work.

Ditto with the msg command. I have to type:

START msg * hello

To get it to work.

Can someone help me?

Mjordan
05-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Haha this is great. I will definitely be using this a lot.

PwNZoRNooB
05-30-2007, 06:15 PM
I didn't get this to work on my moms com :(
It just says "Network path not found."
I'm sure I have the right computer name.
Someone can explain this :p

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
If you type "net view" you should be able to get the name of everyone connected to you without having to walk downstairs.

Just warning you though, these pranks generally don't work so don't get disappointed. There are obviously some security problems with people being able to shut down and log into your computer remotely, so these features won't be started on their computer by default.

Ahh thank you and also everybody else that was helping me..I was wondering how view all the networks..my friend just knew all of the starter names..(CMS-LiblabX) X=# Computer (They are all labeled w/ computers)

And I must add in credit :p

As another tip, make sure you aren't getting caught while doing this, like JuKKa said..

How would you get your Domain name?

Well, When I found my computer name (at our school), it was after the computer name.. so it was like CHS-LibLab1.schoolus.domain.com or something like that, I don't exactly remember correctly =\

I didn't get this to work on my moms comp
It just says "Network path not found."
I'm sure I have the right computer name.
Someone can explain this

Is she in your network? You can check the first page again..I added some more tools in ;)

Junior
05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Lol, Im trying to send a message to the computer next to me but im getting a syntax. This is what I put into cmd.

net send [***] [abc]
But this is the error that comes up.

The syntax error with this command is:

NET SEND
{NET SEND | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS} message

Im no computer wizard, whats this mean? By the way this is cool, nice job.

(Yes the computer name is right and everything, im just getting the syntax error)

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Ha! I just tried it and got the same error..Warbeak will need to help you with this..I believe the syntax is wrong.

omgh4x0rz
05-30-2007, 09:09 PM
You don't need the bracket's and such. They are just syntax keys that designate whether a certain field is required and whatnot.

Read more at this site

RudeBoiAlex
05-30-2007, 10:36 PM
+ rep but my n my m8s in school just go up to the computer and press the button to each other lol

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-30-2007, 11:35 PM
+ rep but my n my m8s in school just go up to the computer and press the button to each other lol

Haha thanks, yeah..that's another solution..but this one is more 007 and more fun :p

Timothegreat
05-31-2007, 04:46 PM
pretty sweet guide :bart:

RudeBoiAlex
05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Haha thanks, yeah..that's another solution..but this one is more 007 and more fun :p
ROFL my sis just got owned i have my comp in my room everyones else use another 1 down stairs i put the virus mesage but then told her it was me

n3ss3s
05-31-2007, 05:22 PM
It is more funny to open ddeshare,take the computername, make a shortcut for it and voila, you can GET to the other ppls comps :)
Useful if someone has pissed u off and u wana remove his school works :D
And for the net send, administrator has maybe set off the user... What was the word god damit in finnish its "käyttäjä istunto" if Jukka or somebody could help me.
So if administrator has set that off, you can type to cmd "call winchat.exe" without the quotes and it should open an chat window, where you can type computers name from the network and chat. Its a bit easier than net send.

Oh, and to scare someone shit his/her pants, jack his comp like teached above, open a browser, type into the browser "javascript:alert('Thank you for visiting. 1,500 viruses and 2,700 trojans has been succesfully downloaded');"
without quotes. DO NOT do that to old people, they may get a heartattack.

If ure just mean and want to h4ck someone comp use .... Im not sure is hacking advice legal on these forums so I will only say
B___ O______ :) If admins u dont like this , just remove my post :)

RudeBoiAlex
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
help plz everytime i get it it says acsess is denied to my sis computer

omgh4x0rz
05-31-2007, 06:24 PM
help plz everytime i get it it says acsess is denied to my sis computer

Yea... I already mentioned a few posts back that this rarely actually works. Microsoft isn't retarded, they know people try and abuse this.

IEatJ00erBaybees
05-31-2007, 07:10 PM
pretty sweet guide :bart:

ROFL my sis just got owned i have my comp in my room everyones else use another 1 down stairs i put the virus mesage but then told her it was me

:D Nice!

grindisbest
05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Haha next time my brother starts p2p downloading I'm gonna use this! Awesome!

Fearlesssss
05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Use a batch file. Doesnt works at my school. We alreaddy tried out like everybatch file :p but the admin blocked the whole command prompt:eek:

Jason2gs
06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Sending Messages To Others Once you have the computer name, you can open up command prompt (start --> run --> cmd) or if that is disabled, command (start --> run --> command.com) and then in command prompt, type "net send [computer name] [message]"

'net' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Some help?

Edit:

W00t! Alright, I got that to work properly. I just had to be in the same directory as the application, net.exe :)

Just for anyone else who got this message:

An error occurred while sending a message to JUANKUBARIZ.

The message alias could not be found on the network.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2273.

You need to start the Messenger service;

Start >>> Right click on My Computer >>> Manage >>> Services and Applications >>> Services >>> Messenger >>> Double click on Messenger >>> Drop down list- Automatic >>> Start

Mjordan
06-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Oh gosh, this is gonna be fun when school starts back up. I'm already thinking of stuff to send to peoples computers to freak them out haha...

state champ
06-02-2007, 04:20 AM
lol agreed i love this i will shut down teachers computer alot :D thanks for posting

Abyssal
06-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Nice.

If only my school had windows.

Choppa
06-02-2007, 05:00 AM
Haha next time my brother starts p2p downloading I'm gonna use this! Awesome!Lol sad... Why don't you just let him DL then steal the file off him later
phr33 st00f pl0x!!!11!!one!!1

lordsaturn
06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Use a batch file.

How would i do that?

RudeBoiAlex
06-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Yea... I already mentioned a few posts back that this rarely actually works. Microsoft isn't retarded, they know people try and abuse this.

oo soz my bad i onli got it to work once :(

aussie8407
06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
if only we could access run at our skool its like not even in the start menu...

Dunceiam
06-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Aussie, read last page on how to create a batch file...:)

-Dunceiam

Jason2gs
06-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Just in case anybody wants to really screw with someone's computer:

Start > Run > Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Run > Right click in window > New > String value

Name it anything you want, but set this as it's value:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shutdown.exe

That will run Shutdown.exe, anytime the machine boots up :p

evilwalrus
06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
hahah weak

Tim0suprem0
06-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Hahahaha thank you guys you just made my life so much more enjoyable!;)

aussie8407
06-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Aussie, read last page on how to create a batch file...:)

-Dunceiam

ok thanx

IEatJ00erBaybees
06-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Haha Jason, I'll post that on the front page, I have to go, but I will. Thanks everybody!
I found out consequences for doing this at our school today. I didn't find out specific ones, but he (the principal) just said that they'd be really bad, if we were ever found out doing it...so I'm going to stop. Enjoy it though at your schools =].

IEJB

Jason2gs
06-08-2007, 05:40 AM
A simple program I made in VB6 to put "NET SEND" to better use :)

*attachments*

Not really useful, unless you plan on having a conversation with someone, via, NET SEND.

Covert
06-10-2007, 05:34 PM
You need admin privileges :P
Most schools have cmd AND run disabled too.

Jason2gs
06-10-2007, 05:44 PM
What they should do is take out the Command Prompt all together.

C:\ >> WINDOWS >> System32 >> Find Cmd.exe >> Right click >> Delete

They still have Command.com to deal with, but someone might not know about that :)

jakeoboy
06-11-2007, 01:53 AM
sounds like fun to bad our school have there comps locked up tight

zenma
07-25-2007, 06:59 PM
i think u should add this to the tut. if you get the message "access is denied
failed (compname)" then go to control panel >> administrative tools >> local security policy >> local policies >> user rights assignment... find the policy shut down the system. right click it properties >> add user or group >> then add your comp name (this should be done on the victims comp)

munk
07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
haha yeah, me and this kid used to do this all the time in highschool until the network admin read the log file and pinpointed it to us. Wasnt funny then.

More recently i was doing it to this guy in my college's library but i accidently put the wrong Number at the end of the ip and shut down this girls computer who was right in the middle of a long ass report. We all had a good laugh, but i felt bad.

Cmd Prompts are awesome when you know what your doin.

gamer716
07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
omg this is awesome lol i going to do this on everyone in my school

Bourdou!
07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Is there a way to send it form a windows to a mac?

passiondrive
07-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Mwuahaha... gonna have some fun with this :D.

Barrier
07-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Nice tutorial, thank you for sharing!

Nitro
07-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Haha,

This is classic, I know a few things like this however this one I did not know. I shall test out this later! Nevertheless great tutorial =] and thanks for the little tips to whoever else posted them.

-Nitro

Eicca
07-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Omg! +rep! :D Haha i know what i'll do with this, since our schools computers reboots fu*kin slowly :sasmokin:

sherlockmeister
07-27-2007, 08:07 PM
my school uses macs, you can't do anything on them, they are so gay...

imported_john_smith
07-27-2007, 09:43 PM
OMG I am so [censorz] mad! :fiery:
there is this teacher I want to do is sooo badly on... mrs.[teacher name]
But dangit! why do our admins have to be so smart! I can use proxy servers, but that's about all the freedom I can hack for myself, because we use novell (well, this has about as many security holes as a sponge, but it can get annoying), and have a proxy server blocking some websites...
hmm... mabye i could try this at my mom's (elemetrary) school (shes a teacher)... Also, I could connect to her school's network on the login prompt and log in as like "[teacher's last name] student", normally you have your name to login...
anyway, I'll check the security specs... sasmokin:
if ne one else has a security spec like this, plz let me know how this goes.
might could get some permission from the principal or something (last resort =P)
anyway, i digress...
John_Smith

clancyfan4000
07-28-2007, 07:41 AM
man i wish i could use this at school, but the admins disabled Command prompt. :duh:

Zeta
07-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Also sometimes you'll get "alias not found on network" it means it's impossible to do it then.

dark4mdawn
08-17-2007, 05:42 AM
u are so awsome lol i but i can only shut down my computer never some 1 alse on the network say the computer name is 'inquiry16' do i have 2 tpye somthing b4 it loll? i really wanna know lol

kodeejs
08-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Start => Run => Cmd => shutdown -s(-r for restart) -t 4000(time for how long shutdown)

IEatJ00erBaybees
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh my gosh, I'm sorry! I didn't know this thread still got used!

Mjordan
08-24-2007, 12:33 AM
man i wish i could use this at school, but the admins disabled Command prompt. :duh:
You can type in notepad cmd and save it as .bat and it should bring up the command prompt. Or just use notepad alltogether so they won't suspect anything if they see you on it.

bullzeye95
08-24-2007, 01:16 AM
OMG I am so [censorz] mad! :fiery:
there is this teacher I want to do is sooo badly on... mrs.[teacher name]
But dangit! why do our admins have to be so smart! I can use proxy servers, but that's about all the freedom I can hack for myself, because we use novell (well, this has about as many security holes as a sponge, but it can get annoying), and have a proxy server blocking some websites...
hmm... mabye i could try this at my mom's (elemetrary) school (shes a teacher)... Also, I could connect to her school's network on the login prompt and log in as like "[teacher's last name] student", normally you have your name to login...
anyway, I'll check the security specs... sasmokin:
if ne one else has a security spec like this, plz let me know how this goes.
might could get some permission from the principal or something (last resort =P)
anyway, i digress...
John_Smith

Novell is gay isn't it?

We also have this thing that sends screenshots and tons of other info to a server every 5 seconds or so... So it wouldn't work at my school.

yanix
09-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Better believe it, but good luck getting their computer names =\

Umh u could just use
Getting Computer's Names To get a computer's name, go to run and type in ddeshare.exe --> Click on File --> Select Computer
There are all the computers on the network. --Warbeak1245

...:D

Jackrawl
09-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Before you start running around in school with this, as amazing as it sounds, learn about what security the school computers have, and practice it at home =/ Otherwise its just asking to be screwed over. OR, if you could do this without getting caught, you get on a peers computer and set it to shutdown on startup. It's always safer to do it if it isn't on wireless, or just on a peers computer...=) (borrows Cody's laptop)all computers shut down except Cody's*

Dumpin
09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
did this at school with an nerd.. she was freaking out and almost crying just beceause her computer restarted. xD

[-jesus-]
09-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Hmm... Does this work on vista? I want to try but the only other cpu I could prob shut down here would be mine, or my dad's & he has a bunch of stock market things on there so it wouldn't be good to shut that down :p

romber
09-02-2007, 09:38 PM
lol, sweet

Killer2OOO
09-02-2007, 09:50 PM
That's awesome I love it!!
I have some plans for the computer teacher...

frederick213
09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
man, i'd totally try this if my school wasn't fulll of macs -_-

09-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Awesome! I'll have to try this out once school's back in session... My friend told me about this once but didn't quite know how to do it! Thanks!

romber
09-03-2007, 12:02 AM
I go back tuesday, so it's a possiblity to try soon

gothicly2
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Ha Ha Ha nice one, i'll use this at school!

ffs script noob
09-03-2007, 12:15 AM
*wags finger*
thats not very nice.
how would u like it if sum1 did that to u?

syyyke! im so using this @ skool!!!

baydoz99
09-03-2007, 02:28 AM
yup school tomorrow, but i know a more evil (err bad grammar) one you do basicly the same thing, but you change so its a icon like fire fox or internet explorer, there was a vid on a site with the instructions, ill try to find it and post it here.

_-baydoz99-_...... ps, my first post

zertunami
09-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Lol, I've always loved doing this trick to my friends! To bad I can get in DEEP trouble at my school if I was caught.:P

Metagen
09-03-2007, 05:11 AM
HOW TO AVOID YOUR COMPUTER BEING SHUT DOWN!!! (this works for XP dunno about other ones)

do what he sais but instead shut yourself down and give urself like 1 minute

then double click in ur bottom right corner to open ur time settings.

SET it back a YEAR tada =]
EDIT: should nwo take about 365 days to shut down? when does school end again?

munchkinruss
09-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Lol I hope this works at my school =D

verybigkitty
09-03-2007, 01:27 PM
lol. I'm going to use this when I come back to school

faster789
09-03-2007, 02:04 PM
wow this is awesome!!! it actually works

kaustav_002
09-03-2007, 02:34 PM
05-29-2007, 06:13 PM
im guessing those new rules got posted yesterday?...Plz someone go on a banning spree...Pweety pweez wit a sherry on top?

vilon
09-03-2007, 02:49 PM
IE: net send Bob Send $5 to my paypal at Abc@hotmail.com or I will give your computer a virus. -- Warbeak1245

The message should be in quotes, if spaces are used (otherwise it won't work):

net send Bob "Send $5 to my paypal at Abc@hotmail.com or I will give your computer a virus. -- Warbeak1245"

Also, you won't be able to use this if the "messenger" serivce is disabled. You can see if it is enabled by going to Start -> Run -> "services.msc" and look for "Messenger". If it says "started" you can use the command above. If you don't have access to "services.msc" you can try the following: Start -> Run -> Cmd -> "net start messenger".

For more information about the "shutdown" command, you can write "shutdown /?" in a cmd. Example: "shutdown /a" aborts the shutdown.

Enjoy :D

King ?
09-03-2007, 02:54 PM
absolutley awesome, cant wait to get back to college to try this one out!!

spirosoccer2007
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
this is sweet dude im telling my friends about this cause i tried it and it works

ttoast
09-03-2007, 06:17 PM
this has helped me a lot thanks man !:(h):

yaronx10000
09-03-2007, 09:30 PM
haha nice, now i have what to do in my spare time :P

Eacis
09-03-2007, 10:12 PM
lolz

lordofdapoop
09-04-2007, 02:20 AM
I do this all the time in my web design class. Its great.

wc12232
09-04-2007, 02:37 AM
sounds like fun, i'll be sure to try it when school starts. I hope it workd for macs caus3 all my school uses macs :(
(they will all burn in h3ll along with the rest of mac users)

nessaja27
09-04-2007, 07:06 AM
hahaha i love it

Hoopo
09-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Haha great one. I did this to my friend u should have seen hes face :D.
Also did it in school but teachers didn't quite like it .

miku12
09-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Lol, nice. I have to try it.

wantsome232
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
it says access denied

Gama-Bomb
09-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Fun

Mjordan
09-05-2007, 02:01 AM
it says access denied
Same here, tried some of it today at school and some things it told me that, then other things it didn't.

fons
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
lol this gona give a lot of fun at skool :p

kamikeza
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
would be funny if somone is typing a documentry on the school computer:D

thanks

Mjordan
09-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Is there anything we can do if it tells us that access is denied? Like bypass it or anything?

sudersmiley
09-05-2007, 11:54 PM
im gunna have some fun with this one xD

buck cakes
09-06-2007, 12:25 AM
nice guide
now im going to try this at school
mwahahahahaha

richk1693
09-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Awsome. I'm pissed that my computer is seperated from my home network for some gay reason i dont know. I wanted to do this to my brother so bad.....

Derkel
09-06-2007, 01:21 AM
But the computer you want to shut down has to be networked to your computer

plodwell
09-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Derkel, thats why its alot better to use it at college/school because all the PC's/Mac's are networked to each other

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Which I said, Derkel. :)

the_box_boy
09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
does this work for computer that aint in your network is it possible to this using a i.p address?

richk1693
09-06-2007, 10:16 PM
does this work for computer that aint in your network is it possible to this using a i.p address?

No it's not.

bballoakie
09-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Darn, wish I would have known this when I still went to public school. I school Online now, so its kind of hard to get my classmates:)

Mjordan
09-08-2007, 02:02 PM
If it tells us that access is denied when we type in shutdown/i is there any way that we could say bypass it or anything?

n3ss3s
09-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Haha, I knew other ways, but this is pretty much simplier :D

Im so waiting that someone calls me a noob on IT class xD

noam kass
09-08-2007, 05:53 PM
dude i really like it but i can only shutdown my or my dads computer (if i will shutdown his computer his going to kill me!!!!!!)
but its still nice (but i still dont understand how do you figure out how to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya and if you already put screenshots of the windows that you need to open you should also put a picture of the cmd so people know if they entered the write thing because there is people that doesnt know so much about computers so they don't know how does the cmd looks like (so i will send you and screenshots of it that i did)

legendaryhero90
09-08-2007, 06:02 PM
sweetness.

too bad i cant do this at school... :D

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-08-2007, 11:00 PM
(but i still dont understand how do you figure out how to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol..excited much? My friend told me..his high schooler friend told him. How his HS friend knew? I haven't a clue.

Mjordan
09-09-2007, 12:31 AM
If it tells us that access is denied when we type in shutdown/i is there any way that we could say bypass it or anything?
?

lonewolfszc
09-09-2007, 02:02 AM
I don't see why everyone is getting hyped by this. This app has been around a least since 98 SE.

And don't try this at school. It can end up very badly. It is as easy to track this app as it as easy to use.

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-09-2007, 02:09 AM
?

Oh sorry MJordan, I have no idea. I only know how to do it lol. cmd.bat? Tried that?

Tails111
09-09-2007, 02:16 AM
I smell Senior prank coming soon :P

nething
09-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Rofl sounds hilarious... some1 said it is easy to track, how do they track it? just curious

Skayte
09-09-2007, 06:27 AM
haha im gonna have fun with this especially with my brother =D

ultima2007
09-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Man I remember this happening in the computer lab all the time, it was funny
the teacher was P.O'd but who cares
Ty for relearing me the trick

cyberspace07
09-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Lol this is so funny sendin messages to my other comp downstairs!!

puredragonnn
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I realy like it. I'll try this out. And the school doesn't have any way of blocking it out, like to where you can't do it?

n3ss3s
09-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Lol..excited much? My friend told me..his high schooler friend told him. How his HS friend knew? I haven't a clue.

Read batch/cmd tutorials -.-

n3ss3s
09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Better believe it, but good luck getting their computer names

Start > Run > cmd > call ddeshare.exe

and when "Shared DDE resources" pops up, Computer > Choose computer and you should have a list of the computers in yar network there.

EDIT:
people in my class uses this all the time, the teachers know about this problem though, so if u use it --> detention AND u gotta do the work that the victim lost.

Maybe you're too old but USE YOUR IMAGINATION! :D Like, make a bat file that contains "net send Mrs.Teacher Mrs.teachers is t3h asshole!", net send that to some noob in the class, so, when you use netsend, when you get the message it says from which computer it came from, so, it came from the noobs computer :D

gerauchert
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
thats really sweeeet

too bad the comps at my school dont let you right click :(

n3ss3s
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
duuhhuuud?! Dont let you right click? That- thats, thats horrible! I mean really, left-double clicking everything is just st00pid I think.

Btw, anyways you dont have to copy the computer name, just remember it as you would pick a color in scar, put it in your head, type it when needed (I tend to click ClearDebug every 30 seconds -.- )

psipog
09-12-2007, 05:00 AM
This is awesome, I just need to network my two computers at home to start sending messages :D Btw can you only net send messages, or can you also net send files?

cerealkiller
09-12-2007, 11:09 AM
it works, unless the school has restrictions in place

Mjordan
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
it works, unless the school has restrictions in place
Yeah mine has restriction for the shutdown command.

And thankyou for answering IEJB ;)

Mr beat
09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Haha :), this really funny. I saw this on our clan site. Really fun to piss of ur clas mates or ur mom :P

masterBB
09-13-2007, 05:18 PM
I see people posting they did this on school by other people... that's a litle bit a crime....

How a stupid could you be by ruining other people's work. if you think it's cool... wel it isn't...

Doing this by classmates that didn't do anything important is one. doing the same by people that try to get high notes is a litle bit criminal..

hope to the people that did the second, that they wil get busted and I hope they will get a huge punishment...

Isn't this somekind as an intern made virus... and I don't see the relation between a virus and srl, except that they are both on a pc.

anyway use it if you want it's you're own bussines but I'm against it.

masterbb

MasterKill
09-13-2007, 05:51 PM
a LOL tut ^^ it was working when i was with a friend. shutted his dad's pc down lol :)

but at an other friend, i couln't make it work. maybe couse its was from xp to vista.

anywayz, nice tut :)

@masterBB: your overreacting, we are cheaters so we cheat :)

Dumpin
09-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I see people posting they did this on school by other people... that's a litle bit a crime....

How a stupid could you be by ruining other people's work. if you think it's cool... wel it isn't...

Doing this by classmates that didn't do anything important is one. doing the same by people that try to get high notes is a litle bit criminal..

hope to the people that did the second, that they wil get busted and I hope they will get a huge punishment...

Isn't this somekind as an intern made virus... and I don't see the relation between a virus and srl, except that they are both on a pc.

anyway use it if you want it's you're own bussines but I'm against it.

masterbb

WTF?
you are on a freaking site thats basicly trying to ruin runescape =P
you think its good for jagex what you are doing at the moment?
think again...

coolguy14136
09-14-2007, 01:40 AM
LMAO! i wish that my schools computers dident block that kinda thing, i could have alot of fun lol. good work!

KiraYamato
09-14-2007, 02:13 AM
My school is annoying, they block all those options. :(

krazyk56
09-15-2007, 12:04 AM
well ive heard of someone doing this at my school, and they got 4-5 days of detention

Burt
09-15-2007, 12:22 AM
how do you do this on a mac i dont think they have prompts aka ms dos

swordmast599
09-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Is there anyway this can be traked, we got a real nerdy computer lab teacher that can track anything trackable and cameras everywere in the school... just whant to know before i start skrewing things up =), if not theres always panara bread =P

imlazy
09-15-2007, 05:14 AM
this is really fun to do at school lol

i have a question... is there a way for me to get around the password on a different comp on my network? i dont know the pass to my moms comp and i cant seem to find a way to start it in safe mode so i need to know if i can start the desktop or if theres any other means of getting the password/ changing it or just getting around it alltogether

let me know :D

koziru
09-15-2007, 08:50 AM
wow, this is seriously kool, I never though of going through cmd to do it though, if i were to do it, i would've used third-party software - thanks dude, more money in my pocket, lol.

Kuukkeli
09-15-2007, 12:13 PM
I tried it in school, and it worked. Little funny, very nice guide :D

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Is there anyway this can be traked, we got a real nerdy computer lab teacher that can track anything trackable and cameras everywere in the school... just whant to know before i start skrewing things up =), if not theres always panara bread =P

I'm sure it can be tracked, said someone on this thread, don't remember who. I don't know how to. Nice to see that it's working for you all.

peanut
09-16-2007, 12:17 AM
at my school we have 4 servers
cgs001
cgs002
cgs003
staff

would we need to put cgs001//<username>?

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Umm.. I think you would need to put just the computer's name. I'm not sure though. Or just try to shut down one of the computers in the server that you are currently in.

coolbeans
09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
My comps at school don't even let us right click, or this would be awesome!

Julza
09-18-2007, 08:06 AM
thats sicko dude, tomrow at school im gonna have alloooooooooooot of fun.

I have this girl in class that takes her like 5mins to type a sentance, gonna shut her computer down when she has done a page... lol

Thanks heaps dude

Julza
09-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Is it the same with Vista?

Eugeniu
09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Our comps are so messed up that there are none of those settings at all. You can't even change the taskbar size or right click on the desktop!

kertkert
09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Omg It actually works! That's so cool! I shutted computers down at school and they thougth that this is somekind of a virus! rep+

IEatJ00erBaybees
09-20-2007, 01:41 AM
haha nice kert ;)

Icon1993
09-20-2007, 03:04 PM
It does not work in my school. When i try "shutdown /i" i wrotes "You have no acess to do that" or something like that.

09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
also i think their ip will be on your network ips if you im them or msn them

Icon1993
09-21-2007, 01:34 PM
I does not work at all

unkn0wn
09-21-2007, 01:41 PM
wow great tut, should cause some mischief when i try it out!

cheers :)

unkn0wn
09-21-2007, 01:43 PM
hmm does this work for windows 2k?

mr2racer792
09-22-2007, 04:01 AM
haha nice. :p

The3point14
09-22-2007, 06:18 PM
I will definately be trying this at school lol. Thank you for sharing.

Exist2inspire
09-23-2007, 12:51 AM
lmfao!! this is awesome, i love shutting down my friends, then not telling them how i do it :) Thanks for posting!

applesauce121
09-23-2007, 12:55 AM
HAhahahahahaha this is hilarious Ill have to try it to my sister:D

alexpwnzj0013
09-23-2007, 03:03 AM
haha seems illgeal to do the paypal thing but thats fun!

Scottjc16
09-23-2007, 03:16 AM
mehehee, this can come very handy. thanks gona do it to everyone i know lol

Oranges_Exist
09-23-2007, 05:00 AM
This sound like fun lol I'll have to try it on monday

Frontier
09-23-2007, 06:02 AM
:O Thanks lol. I'll have to wait untill the holidays are over.

Pwnage 8x
09-23-2007, 11:16 PM
This is such a nice guide, but I am still having some kind of trouble getting the other people computer shut down

Scottjc16
09-23-2007, 11:19 PM
hahaa it worked! i just did it to my friend lol

Blue
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
haha, i would love to try this, only problem is my school blocks the cmd prompt, any ideas?

toxicf
09-25-2007, 08:26 AM
does it work if the network have some kind of protection or something on it?

gamer716
09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
i would enjoy this so much but my school computers doesn't let anyone access cmd...

FLUX_
09-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks. Wish I thought of that :f:

CodyTheBaddie
09-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Oh god, knowing I have PC class tomorrow, this will be great, and I hate this girl who sits near me, so ill do it enough times to make her move, then telling her, your computer is broken. Haha!

thechaosc
09-28-2007, 12:44 AM
never know when this might come in handy ;)

§hãttêrëd Rèƒlé¢tîøñ
09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
This is an awesome guide =], One thing was though, when I tried to do it to my brother it said "access denied"

daw_guy
10-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Lol i used this tut a couple times.

So disapointed my school has macs...:eek:

josh81193
10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
hahah, this is the kind of stuff that gets kids into trouble ;P

yeahdudeirock
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
hahahahaha.... might try this one on my sister right now when shes doin a report.

yeahdudeirock
10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
lol... might go a step higher and do it on teachers!!

ILikeCake
10-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Nice, I will try this.:cool:

shaz
10-09-2007, 03:06 AM
I'll keep this up my sleeve for later thanks dude.

baosen
10-10-2007, 07:58 PM
lol, this would be useful when my sister is using up the line when dling music.

davidwang95
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
nice rofl

trv1991
10-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Wow, this is awesome.

It would be great to do it on the teacher's computer so you don't have to do any work.

Oh, and one problem: Sometimes the computers at school don't let us access anything in the start menu other than "Shut Down" or "Log Out". Is there any other way to access the command prompt window? Thanks.

evildeath55
10-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Great tutorial, we use stuff like this all the time in my class. :D

IdTapDatt
10-13-2007, 01:05 AM
sucks...i can't access my computer on a school computer

SirMashew
10-14-2007, 06:17 AM
I can not wait for monday to shut down all the computers in my school's computer lab. It will be awesome!!! (h)

grox
10-14-2007, 06:18 PM
this is funny :)

Fire-
10-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Next friday's gonna be fun >:D

grimy89098
10-23-2007, 11:49 PM
he he he, im gonna hav so much fun, thanks for that

Supersepi
11-13-2007, 08:14 PM
My laptop and main computer both use the same internet connections and whatnot, but it doesn't say they are connected to the same network. Shouldn't they be?

r3d
11-15-2007, 04:26 AM
you can also take controll of somone elses cpu on the network, if you have administrator access. by start->all programs->accessories->communcations->remote desktop connection. then type cpu name and you will see what they had open on there screen. this is fun because you can open there screen up when they are on myspace, or runescape w/e you want and then you could mess with there myspace or runescape account.

mark9510
11-15-2007, 08:46 PM
cool now i can piss off my friend

alessio12345
11-16-2007, 12:45 AM
TISS IS SOOO FUNNY!i did it at schooll and this kid was like wtf ahahah! thank u soo muchh but i ahve a question if i do this at school can my teacher trace the command back to my computer?

goider
11-16-2007, 03:31 PM
how can i get around the error given.

"the command prompt has been disabled by the administrator."

cheepcheep
11-16-2007, 06:07 PM
very nice ill be having some fun with this one ^^

ZaSz
11-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Sweet dude im going to use this when i go to school on monday.

meme
11-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Lol this could come in handy :D:D

napper
11-16-2007, 10:07 PM
this is awesome lol.

op_ivy_freak
11-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Thx, gonna try it out on the nerd of the class(he thinks he knows everything about computers), and laugh at him. Good Job.

curiousgeorge322
11-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Haha sounds like fun ;)

sik of it
11-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Lol sounds like a lot of fun! This will be a good laugh with my mates. Thank you.

zennext
11-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Nice prank! Pretty funny, but only works over your network and not at school.

ge0force
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
hmm ... this is if cetain files on ur computer have been blocked by the school board..(tdsb for example...)
im not sure if its gonna work for u
buh this works pretty well for me...
to be able to access the files...
all u need to do is...when u log in..b4 ur desktop showz up (when it sais applying settings)..jus disconnect ur internet cable...and then let ur desktop come up...and then when the desk top comes on...reconnect it...
usually if ur computer has been blocked...if u press ctr.alt. and del..u wont be able to access task mannager...soo to make sure the proccess worked on ur computer...press ctr, alt, and del. and see if u can acceess task mannager...
tho i should tell u if some files have been blocked by the actually board (marks and shit like that )...u wont be able to access them...ull only be able to access comand prompt and c:drive...and some stuff like that

naynay12
11-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Hi,the school computers have Novell on it(what windows run by,so it is a bit different to a normal computer.My prolem is that in start there is no run!There is only my computer and lug off.How do i get run up,is it impossible? Thanks.

x i o i l x
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
nice. it works great ive shut down the computer of the administrator :D
and he thought his comp was broken.. :D

Gefey
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Omg This Sounds Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Kooooooool!!!!!! I Can"t Belive Its So Simple!!!!!!

loked
11-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Thats cool! Ill have looots of fun with it! =DD

aeonity
11-20-2007, 07:18 PM
No cmd at my school. I used to have cmd by doing the notepad trick with the "command.com" and saving it as a .bat file. But then the school network people caught me mucking around with cmd and suspended my account for a month. Now there's no way that I know of to access command prompt. :(

Tazzie 02
11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
I really want to do this! Shame my school has blocked every possible way of getting to CMD (that I know of). Me and my friends have been trying to find ways around it but we cant. You can't right click on my computer, can't open batch files, the C:\ is blocked, there is no run in the start menu. That is all I know of. If you know of any more ways, plz tell me :)

Tazzie

s p u r m
11-22-2007, 04:30 PM
im sure i could really annoy a few people with this one well done

X Gilli X
11-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Hahahaha, this is great. I'll def. try this! :D

waterrebel
11-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Nice, I knew this already but it doesn't work on my computers at my school, they require admin, which I could get but would need about 15 minutes where my screen is scrolling through dos lol, STUDENTSAYWUT?

natinsatin1
11-26-2007, 11:34 PM
They only have macs and my school, and while we use them they from other computers watch ours and see what websites were at and can ever type back to us. if you do somthing stupid they lock the computer and this giant lock shows up on the screen saying locked by administrator but if your smart you pull the power cord cause start up botton dont work so gl to people with laptops and my school lol

but is there a way to do it on a mac?

pro2oman
11-26-2007, 11:36 PM
nice guide I'm doing this in school as soon as i can lol

papenco
11-27-2007, 12:05 AM
nice man, people will hate me lol.

undrin
11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I shutted down my maths teacher laptop. omg, he was like ,wtf hey georg(me) can u come and check whats wrong with my computer, again? :D:D

He always has problems with it, either he cant connect to internet or some other prob:D

dr.quantumphysics
11-29-2007, 12:33 AM
awsome!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11one!!!!!!!
ill be doing this soon i alredy practiced it

btryan
11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Very interesting trick, but Im not going to try it with my computer though.

RSV
12-02-2007, 10:05 PM
hahah, great tutorial!!
I only knew about the "shutdown -s -t 60" commands, but this is great!
I love IEatJ00erBaybees =P

Although It won't work on some computers where the command prompt is disabled, but they arn't always disabled (like the ones in Qatar airport!, oh god that was funny!).

eric4721
12-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Ha. Thats a neat little trick there. I'll have to use that sometime.

guyer
12-06-2007, 10:39 PM
If im not mistaken this net send is taken out of xp by default?
And they also need to be running the messenger service

madwar145
12-06-2007, 11:58 PM
thats awesome ima screw with everyone for the 5days im stuck in the lab now thanks lol

k1ngy
12-07-2007, 02:02 AM
it says access denied, it my families computer and i can go in and change anything what should i do to make it let me :fiery:

im on vista there on xp
im connected to the network wirelessly so is my sisters comp

XRaye
12-07-2007, 03:23 AM

you can make your own command prompt using notepad, i would tell you but sadly i forgot LOL

XRaye
12-07-2007, 03:24 AM
does that shutdown thing work with windows vista?

gerauchert
12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
my school is so gay. CMD command has been disabled by the administrator...

i was gonna have fun with this awww :(

grey_smurf
12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
There is a nice switch at the back of a computer, flip it.
Very useful anyway though

Userkill
12-07-2007, 04:25 PM
doesnt work for me my school have gave us all special account as in restrict wise so we cant acces the my computer or //run

if any of your schools are using rm tutor 2 teacher// go in my documents and right click go to add shortcut and put in C:\Program Files\Research Machines\RM Tutor 2\Controller\TeacherLaunch.exe. they will catch on after a while though as they did to my school and i got suspended for "illegal access" but it is fun to turn off your mates computer move around files log teachers off "put on the attention screen" so the teacher cant see what your on

XRaye
12-08-2007, 12:05 AM
nevermind this does not work on windows vista as far as i know, i've tried it on xp and vista

rscheater13
12-08-2007, 01:17 AM
i'm pretty sure my school would trace it back to me and get in a lot of trouble, i can use a proxy 1 day, and the next it's gone, when i hardly doubt anybody else has used it...but i still might try that...hehe

XRaye
12-08-2007, 02:49 PM
if you want to you can just go to run, then type in shutdown /i then that window will pop up where you put in the computer name

dragonkitty9
12-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Would this work if you were on diffrent networks?
If so this seems fun because at my school my cluster has a laptop for everyone and at the end of the day you are suppost to leave the computers in a laptop shelf. I could look up all the network names, write all of them down and do it in the middle of class and BOOM shut all the computers sutp down how fun would that be. Then if I get cought I could say it was for entertanment purposes and then who cares what happens next.:cartman:

IEatJ00erBaybees
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Looks like this became pretty popular. I'll be checking it now. I took a 3 month break.

king vash
12-09-2007, 03:07 AM
At my school cmd is locked but i went to system32 and ran it. then i got a message like "the use of command prompt has been disabled by the admin so go kill yourself" or something, so i copied my cmd.exe and brought it to school and still got the same message, any ideas?

XoxofrogXoxo
12-09-2007, 04:27 AM
It is hard to get their computer names.
I tried using it thourgh my neighbors wireless but didn't really work. I go to college and LAN is also used their so dunno if it willw ork their either. Still funny though, I will try and see what happens.

IEatJ00erBaybees
12-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Frog, you have to be in the same network as the other person. You can't be in different networks.

gen195
12-10-2007, 12:18 PM
yea you can do it with stutdown/a as well to shutdown your own, which is good because u can change icons on peoples desktops

gen195
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
forgot to mention that you have to delete the old icon :D

gen195
12-10-2007, 12:24 PM
very cool btw

gen195
12-10-2007, 12:26 PM
i think it deserves a thumbs up :confused: (thats definatly a thumbs up)