PDA

View Full Version : Botting on Alotic

Toastieness
06-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Hello,

How would I even begin to make it so that Simba would work on Alotic. Alotic is a 668 Revision and also has OpenGL. I read in another thread that you could use smart if there is an option for OpenGL.

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions.

~Toast

KeepBotting
06-24-2014, 06:23 PM
You'd need to rewrite SRL-5 (can be found on SRL's github) to work with a 668.

Toastieness
06-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Well, that's great because I have no clue how to do that.

KeepBotting
06-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Well, that's great because I have no clue how to do that.

It'd actually be pretty hard to even learn, as SRL-5 is completely deprecated and won't work for anything on Runescape anymore, so there's really no way to practice writing scripts with it.

What I'd recommend you do is start learning SRL-OSR, as it's structured similarly to SRL-5. You can find tutorials on that here: http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=492

Once you think you've got enough experience writing scripts under SRL-OSR, take a crack at converting SRL-5. As I said before, although they're >4 years apart time-wise, they're still structured much the same.

rj
06-24-2014, 08:08 PM
It'd actually be pretty hard to even learn, as SRL-5 is completely deprecated and won't work for anything on Runescape anymore, so there's really no way to practice writing scripts with it.

What I'd recommend you do is start learning SRL-OSR, as it's structured similarly to SRL-5. You can find tutorials on that here: http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=492

Once you think you've got enough experience writing scripts under SRL-OSR, take a crack at converting SRL-5. As I said before, although they're >4 years apart time-wise, they're still structured much the same.

Why would he learn the SRL-OSR include instead of SRL5 when they are practicaly the same thing with different color changes and the fact that 50% of SRL5 will work on a 668?

KeepBotting
06-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Why would he learn the SRL-OSR include instead of SRL5 when they are practicaly the same thing with different color changes and the fact that 50% of SRL5 will work on a 668?
SRL-5 is completely deprecated and won't work for anything on Runescape anymore, so there's really no way to practice writing scripts with it.

rj
06-24-2014, 08:42 PM
SRL-5 is completely deprecated and won't work for anything on Runescape anymore, so there's really no way to practice writing scripts with it.
How is he going to practice writing scripts for SRL-OSR when he doesn't even play it?

Besides, making your own functions helps him learn

Hoodz
06-24-2014, 10:24 PM

How is he going to practice writing scripts for SRL-OSR when he doesn't even play it?

Besides, making your own functions helps him learn

isnt srl-osr, srl5??
its almost the same right?

rj
06-24-2014, 11:22 PM
isnt srl-osr, srl5??
its almost the same right?

yea

Toastieness
06-24-2014, 11:34 PM

Would it be possible to get the other 50% to work?

KeepBotting
06-25-2014, 12:46 AM
isnt srl-osr, srl5??
its almost the same right?Yeah, with the exception that SRL-OSR actually works on Runescape, and OP can actually practice and learn with it.

Cody44
06-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Just wanted to mention that Alotic technically isn't Runescape so shouldn't you be able to use the current/older version on Alotic which is a revamped 2011 Runescape