PDA

View Full Version : Editing form help

SoulShare
07-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Hey, I was hoping someone could help me. I am trying to edit a form from someone else's script. I can't seem to find any size values anywhere. My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 and some forms such as the one below don't really fit to well.

How can I go about editing the form size and or the form objects? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Press Play
07-05-2014, 09:26 AM
You'd probably have to ask Coh3n because he's the main author of the srlplayerform in SRL (forms are usually pretty messy code to look at). But if you want to have a look, the form properties are in Simba\Includes\srl-6\lib\misc\srlplayerform.simba

I would save a copy of this before editing - so if you mess it up, you've got a backup :)

The Mayor
07-05-2014, 10:43 AM
The size of the form is based on how many checkboxes/combo boxes are included. Are you just trying to make Coh3ns form smaller so you can use his script? Or are you trying to make your own form for another script?

SoulShare
07-05-2014, 10:56 AM
The size of the form is based on how many checkboxes/combo boxes are included. Are you just trying to make Coh3ns form smaller so you can use his script? Or are you trying to make your own form for another script?

A bit of both to be honest.

You'd probably have to ask Coh3n because he's the main author of the srlplayerform in SRL (forms are usually pretty messy code to look at). But if you want to have a look, the form properties are in Simba\Includes\srl-6\lib\misc\srlplayerform.simba

I would save a copy of this before editing - so if you mess it up, you've got a backup :)

Thanks, I shall have play with the srlplayerform

EDIT: For anyone with the same problem, you can hide the memo box at the bottom of the form by finding memo.init (near the bottom) in Simba\Includes\srl-6\lib\misc\srlplayerform.simba and changing the setHeight value to 0 then save.

Something like this

__memo.init(__mainForm);
with __memo do
begin
setParent(__mainForm);
setLeft(__lstPlayerList.getLeft());
setWidth(__mainForm.getWidth() - 18);
//setHeight(100); //orig
setHeight(0); //SoulS Mod
setScrollBars(ssAutoBoth);
end;

The simba file contains all of the size parameters for everything else on the forms so make a backup and have a play :)