PDA

View Full Version : openGL crash

Nicodemus
07-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Hi!
im kinda new here and just want to use the scripts that are made from these awesome script writers here :D
but im bugged by the setup, because if i try to change my graphic to OpenGL smart just shuts down. If i do it on the normal browser (google chrome)it just becomes a white screen and does nothing. I tried to add JRE to my system's PATH settings before JDK.But i dont understand what they mean with 'before JDK'.

i just added the path thing but i didnt helped. i also heard that you need to delete all the jagexcoaches and to try again but that didnt worked too... T.T

so i hope you guys can help me out here!

thx in advance :D

Olly
07-12-2014, 09:09 PM
If it doesn't work on a browser it's not gonna work in SMART. You can always use direct-x. :)

Nicodemus
07-13-2014, 06:59 PM
If it doesn't work on a browser it's not gonna work in SMART. You can always use direct-x. :)

darn arent i in a disadvantage here then?Aren't most made scripts from here for SMART ?

The Mayor
07-13-2014, 07:59 PM
darn arent i in a disadvantage here then?Aren't most made scripts from here for SMART ?

SMART/SRL6 can use OpenGL and DirectX. You just need to install the directX plugin.

KeepBotting
07-14-2014, 12:52 AM
darn arent i in a disadvantage here then?Aren't most made scripts from here for SMART ?9 out of 10 scripts can be modified to work without SMART simply by commenting out the define and any procedures that draw to the canvas

Nicodemus
07-14-2014, 05:02 PM
hi guys, i switched from laptop so this one supports the OpenGL with no problems, thx for the fast responses :D

Gunner
07-14-2014, 05:57 PM
hi guys, i switched from laptop so this one supports the OpenGL with no problems, thx for the fast responses :D

Just to build on what others have already said, if your system supports Direct-X, you're better off using it. On most systems it actually uses less resources than OGL. So if you can use it, do so.