PDA

View Full Version : Can't run RS in openGL. tried updating java and setting path variables

Tomazino
07-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi guys,
im having problem while trying to change runescape graphics on smart from directx to opengl. it shuts down. tried setting up path variables so the jre path would come first and also downloaded newest version of java and installed it. does anyone know how to fix it?

KeepBotting
07-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Try setting your mode to OpenGL in the webclient (runescape.com/game)

Tomazino
07-19-2014, 03:01 PM
i've tried it. screen becomes white and nothing happens. i also can't choose fixed screen display.

KeepBotting
07-19-2014, 03:10 PM
i've tried it. screen becomes white and nothing happens. i also can't choose fixed screen display.

Are your graphics card drivers up-to-date?

Turpinator
07-19-2014, 04:29 PM
So if it happens on the runescape website, why dont you post on the RS forums or look around there? This is kind of like me going to the a dentist and asking them what i should do about my elbow hurting.

Brandon
07-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Hi guys,
im having problem while trying to change runescape graphics on smart from directx to opengl. it shuts down. tried setting up path variables so the jre path would come first and also downloaded newest version of java and installed it. does anyone know how to fix it?

Delete your RS cache. If you can't get into any mode on the website/official client, the plugins can't help you. It's a driver or cache issue.

Tomazino
07-20-2014, 10:07 AM
thank you mates. apreciate your help, sorry for inconvenience. should've asked about it in rs forums

xiao
12-21-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm having the same issue, though I wouldn't be surprised if my path variables have been set up incorrectly. I have tried looking around the RS forums, to little avail. All suggestions seem to be "hold s during loading, then play in safe mode."

Turpinator
12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm having the same issue, though I wouldn't be surprised if my path variables have been set up incorrectly. I have tried looking around the RS forums, to little avail. All suggestions seem to be "hold s during loading, then play in safe mode."

Its a driver/video card issue. If it doesnt work on the RS website, its not going to work in SMART.

xiao
12-27-2014, 02:02 AM
thank you mates. apreciate your help, sorry for inconvenience. should've asked about it in rs forums

Hey, I don't know if you're still having trouble or if you are dead set on using opengl vs. direct-x, but I ended up using Brandon's direct-x plugin (found here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107256) to run scripts using direct-x instead of opengl. You also need (I think) to stick the following line of code into the script to get Simba to use the plugin:

smartPlugins := ['openGL32.dll', 'd3d9.dll'];

Reveille
02-24-2015, 12:52 AM
I had the same problem as OP, I just have an old and unsupported graphics card so there was nothing I could do about it but keep DirectX.