PDA

View Full Version : How to convert a simba file to a .jar?

flabman75
07-31-2014, 12:37 PM
I was just wondering if any knows a easy way to convert a .simba file to a .jar? Thanks.

NKN
07-31-2014, 12:40 PM
You can't.

They're different languages.

flabman75
07-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Any way you can port it over?

NKN
07-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Any way you can port it over?

Besides a complete rewrite, probably not.

write("Hello world");
System.out.println("Hello World");

Doesn't exactly match.

KeepBotting
07-31-2014, 04:42 PM
The only reason you'd want to do this is if you were trying to encrypt, obfuscate, or otherwise close-source your script.

This is frowned upon at SRL, everything here is free and open-source.

To answer your question: no, PascalScript and Java are entirely different languages.

Enslaved
08-01-2014, 09:04 PM
well, short answer no.
Long answer Yes and very buggy, you can but it requires a lot of knowledge in assembly as well as both languages, involves extensive knowledge of how the 2 languages compile to assembly and a complex process of compiling and de-compiling the code into java, or making a special compiler which can automatically interpret convert pascal script and the dependencies and finally compiling it into a .jar file. (correct me if I am wrong) I have never tried this myself, but theoretically it is possible.

For all that effort, it would simply be easier to learn how to code the basics in both languages and just copy the script over.
Once you understand the script logic you can pretty much copy the script over providing you change the syntax and the dependent functions.

Turpinator
08-01-2014, 09:41 PM
start -> control panel -> folder options, click the view tab. uncheck 'hide extensions for known file types'
go to the .simba file, right click -> rename, type name as .jar.

there. its converted to a .jar. it wont run or anything because it doesnt have the structure that a .jar would, but hey. its a jar.

Hoodz
08-01-2014, 11:29 PM
start -> control panel -> folder options, click the view tab. uncheck 'hide extensions for known file types'
go to the .simba file, right click -> rename, type name as .jar.

there. its converted to a .jar. it wont run or anything because it doesnt have the structure that a .jar would, but hey. its a jar.
You must be somekind of wizard