PDA

View Full Version : Ending "Waiting while the player is moving..." early

Ross
08-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Is there any way to have a script check if the next procedure is doable before the character stops moving? I'm using SPS currently. It would greatly improve the efficiency of my tanning script and make it seem a little more human.

KeepBotting
08-17-2014, 08:37 PM
You mean like searching for Ellis while you're running towards him? Yeah, you can do that. Just override .walkPath() and hack your object finding routine in there somewhere.

mitchell li
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Is there any way to have a script check if the next procedure is doable before the character stops moving? I'm using SPS currently. It would greatly improve the efficiency of my tanning script and make it seem a little more human.
That would be awesome if you could get it to work. Is there a delay between finding the color and right clicking the coordinate found? because that would make the click go above ellis

KeepBotting
08-19-2014, 09:40 PM
That would be awesome if you could get it to work. Is there a delay between finding the color and right clicking the coordinate found? because that would make the click go above ellis
Not aside from moving the mouse, but you could simply jack the mouse speed up really high for the duration of the function and that'd bring misclicking down to a minimum

using that in combination with didRedClick or w/e it's called now would mean pretty much flawless object finding while moving

Ross
08-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Not aside from moving the mouse, but you could simply jack the mouse speed up really high for the duration of the function and that'd bring misclicking down to a minimum

using that in combination with didRedClick or w/e it's called now would mean pretty much flawless object finding while moving

That's what the mayor was suggesting to me yesterday, I think I'm going to toy aaround with that in a bit. I'm about to release v2.0.

Off question: is there any way to reduce the variance in SPS points? The script ends up outside the tanning room way too often.

KeepBotting
08-19-2014, 10:11 PM
That's what the mayor was suggesting to me yesterday, I think I'm going to toy aaround with that in a bit. I'm about to release v2.0.

Off question: is there any way to reduce the variance in SPS points? The script ends up outside the tanning room way too often.

I find that blindWalking the last point of your path (after walking the rest) helps immensely with SPS accuracy.

Ross
08-19-2014, 10:14 PM
I find that blindWalking the last point of your path (after walking the rest) helps immensely with SPS accuracy.

Could you expand on that a bit? What would that look like?

KeepBotting
08-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Could you expand on that a bit? What would that look like?

whateverYourMapIsCalled.blindWalk(point(x, y)); //should be the last point on your path

right after you finish walking your normal path

Ross
08-19-2014, 10:19 PM
whateverYourMapIsCalled.blindWalk(point(x, y)); //should be the last point on your path

right after you finish walking your normal path

So should I include the last point in the initial SPS path and the blindwalk? My path is only 2 points.

KeepBotting
08-19-2014, 10:27 PM
So should I include the last point in the initial SPS path and the blindwalk? My path is only 2 points.

Yeah include it in both, blindWalk will exit if you're too close to the point to bother walking there

Ross
08-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah include it in both, blindWalk will exit if you're too close to the point to bother walking there

"whateverYourMapIsCalled" isn'tr working for me

In my case my map.png is AL_KHARID, is that what you meant?

KeepBotting
08-19-2014, 10:47 PM
"whateverYourMapIsCalled" isn'tr working for me

In my case my map.png is AL_KHARID, is that what you meant?

Yes, use the name of your map

Ross
08-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Yes, use the name of your map

Exception in Script: Unknown declaration "AL_KHARID"

Where would I declare it? I already have it in the SPS setup.

mitchell li
08-19-2014, 10:58 PM

If you are having trouble with SPS you could find one of the colors of the kebab icon on the map. Use that to find your position and click the bank and the tanning building.

KeepBotting
08-19-2014, 11:07 PM

Maybe you're using 'sps' instead of your map's name as an identifier?

Incurable
08-31-2014, 03:00 PM

Did you manage to get a working version of this? I'd like to know before I take a crack at it myself. :)

Ross
08-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Did you manage to get a working version of this? I'd like to know before I take a crack at it myself. :)

Nope! Let me know if you figure it out :)

Incurable
08-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Nope! Let me know if you figure it out :)

Thanks anyway, will do. :)

Spaceblow
08-31-2014, 09:52 PM
Thanks anyway, will do. :)Could you please also let me know? I tried to figure it out myself a while ago but I had no idea how it could be done so I forgot about it. :)